• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:48:55 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Barren

that was a very close fight there. It was your sandbag power that kept you alive, but thankfully my ninja came back at the right time to end that loop. You almost pulled off a comeback after I gained the initial lead. GG mudvayne. My team thankfully can hold its own
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

silentkaster

Thanks TrueLight for the marathon! Was fun to watch.

I think the only reason I won was because his summoner was so fragile. I missed a Raise 2, ran out of MP at one point, and a couple other things, but even with Wall and having Raise 1, the summoner was easily put down. Also...the Bard ran out of MP early in the second round which helped (and the fact that Holy couldn't target my Paladin with the Chameleon Robe.) GG.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Corosar

Quote from: TrueLight on December 22, 2015, 03:32:46 pm
FFT Arena 1.39C - Mini Marathon Edition

oh dear... that... my team really turned around from its first iteration... i will have to do further tests with this to see how well it is as i rarely gleen anything from wins. GG reks sorry about that teardown of the team.

Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Shintroy

Immobile, Mime/Chivalry vs Dance/Status Mime
Mime on Mime. Mobile vs Immobile. DPS vs Status.

R1 - Thanks for the theme Truelight. Neutral Start looks like Reinoe has the advantage due to two units having Auto Potion. Reinoe doesn't have chakra either? I know first hand you can't outheal Sans if you can't avoid his attacks, and none of these attacks are evadable. Never could get the Scholar to use Carbunkle in tests. The way things were going I thought I'd get to see the special attack round.

R2 - My units start off seperated so Reinoe should have a better time with this map. Sans went out early due to not getting any distributes off. Pretty amazed to see the team take out three units without him. 1HP 1 MP Monk was meta as hell.

R3 - Not sure who will win here. 6 minutes of fighting means anything could happen. I didn't notice until now that most, if not all of Reinoe's damage gets canceled out by Thunder Flare.

GG. No special attack or dunking, but gg overall.

Thanks again Truelight.
I'm on 8 tries atm. Send Help.

Took 29 tries. Regret

---------------------------
Hope everyone's having a good December. Trying to make a good Cheer Song mime team, and MBarrier mime team named Mighty Guard. Anyone know when becomes impossible for a unit to use Cheer Song? By impossible I mean when the AI gets a turn before Cheer Song activates.
Some day my people will be free.

silentkaster

Shintroy, the AI starts interrupting itself at 11 speed. Essentially, Cheer Song is the same as a ten speed unit. However, it doesn't become impossible. The AI will often but not always interrupt itself. Also, on a don't move team, the threshold may be less if you use Move=0 since CT does not reset to 0 with them (with Iron Boots, CT will reset to 0.)

dw6561

The first match was pretty lengthy probably due to the map choice (I really don't like that map, both for vanilla FFT reasons and because of the major chokepoint for 3 jump units). In the end CT5Holy got overpowered by way of healing. The clutch holy dodges from the Archer helped big time too.

There are some things I need to fix it looks like. Thanks for pointing out the kagesougi bit, though I saw he wasn't using it during my test runs and meant to switch it out but just never got around to it. I also saw the haste 2/balance mismatch, so I may just stick with Masamune instead for hasting. Not gonna replace Black hood with gold hairpin though because the priest needs her HP (switch out Dia for chakra so I can get 20 HP chakras?  :lol: ). May want some more cure 2 power as well. 

• Modding version: PSX
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

fallenstarz101

me vs crosar
(i just want to point out that my archer's name was meant to be parish not perish)
i think the only reason that i won the last match was due to that crit from the archer, otherwise the summon would have went off and weakened/killed someone on my team but alas GG
hello!

Corosar

December 30, 2015, 01:53:46 am #4709 Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 01:57:28 am by Corosar

Wow... my team was definitely its own worst enemy in that one.. i think i hit myself at least 7 times in that match. I lost count. I am not exactly sure how to remedy that though.. GG fallenstar

Time for a new season!

Reks

Quote from: Barren on December 29, 2015, 02:04:14 pm
FFT Arena 1.39c - Reks (Gun Fun) vs Heorebal (Shot Callers)

Thanks for the match, Barren!

Yeah, the second Mediator is iffy

Even with elemental boosting, those summons are lackluster. Oh well, will probably just make her more supportive in general.

Archer is my favorite unit out of the team, oddly enough.

GG Heroebal!
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Shintroy

December 31, 2015, 07:24:18 pm #4711 Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 02:02:28 pm by Shintroy
Only tested one battle, but Mime may be able to use weapons after all.

With equip weapon, have the mime equip a weapon in it's off hand. The mime won't lose the weapon as long as no one else in the party has a weapon in the same slot meaning no two swords or two handed units.

Hidden Knife, Javelin, Books, xA*WP abilities... 2015 was supposed to be the year of the mime, but it's looking like 2016 will be that year instead.
-----------------
I've tested and confirmed mimes can use weapons successfully. I already spoilered the post in the balance discussion thread so I won't post it here, but the post is in the AI team building guide if anyone's interested in exploring mime even further.
Thanksfor doing another match with "A Bad Time" Barren.

Steal Accessory, xA Save, Charm
This was actually more of a counter than putting the team up against a lightning absorb team. Never seen a team get so dismantled lol. Definitely an eye opener.
Some day my people will be free.

Barren

Hey guys I am free tomorrow do run any Arena matches and since I'm taking time off from school for now I should be able to do any more matches for FFT Arena. Again as usual anyone want to see a match just say the word
You dare cross blades with me?

silentkaster

I changed Random Ideas, Barren. A match would be good with some decent analysis, too if you can. Thanks!

Corosar

I would love to see some matches with my ready teams... i wanna try and see if i can improve them a bit more. its up to you if you wanna or not but it would be nice.
Time for a new season!

Reks

Putting up a team for testing.

They're VERY likely to suck, but I just wanted to play with odd ideas.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Corosar

Quote from: Barren on January 06, 2016, 11:18:55 am
Here some matches so far for 2016

FFT Arena 1.39c - silentkaster (Random Ideas) vs SweetCherryBoyJp (Typical Harem)

FFT Arena 1.39c - Reks (Unex-Spectors) vs dw6561 (Underground Book Storage)

FFT Arena 1.39c - Corosar (Nightmare Hunters) vs Dragonblade (Armored Fruits)

Hmmm i am gonna have to rework this.. esuna would definately have helped out alot now that you mention it Barren... i also need to get that dancer to be a bit more aggressive. Good win for dragonblade
Time for a new season!

dw6561

GG. Just...GG. I am so sorry that had to happen, Reks. Those are some fun ideas, though I'll have to say that 3 move and berserk on the Monk is kind of awkward in my opinion.
  • Modding version: PSX
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.