• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:53:32 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

AI Tournament This Summer 2014

Started by Barren, June 12, 2014, 07:09:13 am

If we run another AI Tournament this summer, what kind of tournament should we do?

Season 3 AI Tournament with regular Arena rules
8 (38.1%)
Season 3 AI Tournament with Special Rule of only one copy of ability and equip allowed and No JP Cap
9 (42.9%)
Season 3 AI Tournament with Single Class Rules
2 (9.5%)
Season 3 AI Tournament with Joint Team Rules
1 (4.8%)
Wait until we get 1.39
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: June 26, 2014, 07:09:13 am

Barren

I was wondering if anyone this summer would be down with another tournament this summer? Since we haven't done one since last year.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Otabo

You know I'm down. Although out of the poll choices, I chose for the classic style arena tourney. Though, a No JP cap rule could be interesting to see.

CT5Holy

Alternative formats/rules:

No ability restrictions, but still have item restrictions
No item restrictions, but still have ability restrictions
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Dol

I'd be in.  I voted for #2 since I get tired of seeing two sets of twins teams, but I'll go with the flow.

CT5Holy

But two sets of twins teams 1. don't show up that often and 2. usually don't do that well!

Leif1991

I voted for choice 1. I like how things have been working out so far. CT5Holy is right; if you have twin units, an opposing team can exploit a weakness since twin units have the same exact strengths and flaws. 
Season 3 A.I. Tournament Champion

silentkaster

Hmmm. then maybe the tournament should be forced two sets of twins :P
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Barren

So far the regular arena rules and the special one copy of equip/ability no jp cap rule are neck and neck. There's still time to decide how will the tournament go. Cast your votes like its the presidential election!

Leif1991

Come on people, keep it how it is. It's how we've been playing all the matches these past few months. Creativity shines its brightest when limits (or JP limits) are put in place.

CT5Holy

Option #2 has harsher item and equipment restrictions. That will really change the kinds of setups people use. Your argument for creativity supports this option much more than the standard set of rules XD

Kurosabes

I had voted #1 since I've never really participated in Arena, but whichever wins, I'm fine with it. #2 is roughly what's being used for vanilla tournaments.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Leif1991

Quote from: CT5Holy on June 17, 2014, 03:57:03 pm
Option #2 has harsher item and equipment restrictions. That will really change the kinds of setups people use. Your argument for creativity supports this option much more than the standard set of rules XD

I was strictly talking about about abilities, not equipment, CT5Holy.

silentkaster

Still, I agree with CT5. I think it would be much more interesting to not allow dupes of equipment and abilities. With no JP cap, it puts everyone a new and IMO more level playing field. It is just different than the normal.

Gaignun

What are "Joint Team" rules?  Is that when a team is comprised of units submitted by different entrants?

silentkaster

I think that would be similar to a DD team where everyone only creates two units and they are randomly paired with other entrants for points (different format). That would be my 2nd choice.

Barren

Quote from: silentkaster on June 19, 2014, 11:03:01 am
I think that would be similar to a DD team where everyone only creates two units and they are randomly paired with other entrants for points (different format). That would be my 2nd choice.

As he said. Sorry I didn't specify there.

Leif1991

Well it looks like the no JP cap option is winning. How are we supposed to practice using our new teams when the memcard generator has the 3000 jp limit?

Barren

You can still generate the team even if they're errors like over the jp cap limit. Its been done before when we were doing 1.3 so its not that hard. Or if it doesn't allow it then just give them the skills in the formation screen

Andante49

Also you can increase the JP limit in the "Settings" tab. What happens if the poll ends in a tie?

Barren

If the poll ends in a tie then I can make an extension for one more day