• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 02:32:45 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Who's ass did they pull Luso's job from...

Started by Vanya, April 29, 2009, 05:31:54 pm

Oblivion

June 02, 2009, 02:12:26 am #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ehrgeiz20
Quote from: "Vanya"How about this?

gno⋅sis
-noun
knowledge of spiritual matters; mystical knowledge.
Origin:
1695-1705; < NL < Gk gnόsis a seeking to know, equiv. to gnō-, base of gignόskein know + -sis -sis

I like this.
"A little sport before dying, dear boy?"

akwikone

June 02, 2009, 02:25:35 am #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by akwikone
seconded, but I'm not sure it fits Luso though, I've never played FFTA2....

Vanya

June 02, 2009, 06:23:44 am #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
It's not 100%, but it fits the idea of him ending up with some sort of scholar-ish job.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Zodiac_Heretic

June 02, 2009, 01:50:09 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zodiac_Heretic
I've played and completed FFTA2...Luso doesn't really seem keen at anything besides opening books and getting stuck in different versions of Ivalice.

Vanya

June 02, 2009, 03:57:47 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
But there is a definite implication that he develops a love of book(s).
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

cheddington

October 27, 2009, 11:09:42 am #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by cheddington
Hi there i'm new to the site so go easy  :?

Wasabi

October 27, 2009, 09:57:34 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Wasabi
I made Luso into a Blue Mage. Granted, I made the appropriate monster skills in my patch to have a 9999 JP cost, 70% chance to learn, and flagged as a skill that can only be learned upon hit, but the ONE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT that you must consider when you're toying with modifying a Blue Mage character into your team is balancing 1) the monster skills' "Y" multiplier and/or the formula itself (if you so choose) and 2) the monsters' MA growths and multipliers!

I can't give you a detailed method on what I did with my patch, but consider the fact that monsters can't equip weapons, armors and accessories to boost their stats, so you'll have to balance their stats accordingly so that their growths and multipliers are slightly higher than the normal human. So, really, this is going to be a ludicrcous case of brewing the coffee and making it an all-nighter of re-shifting the monster's MA stat (seriously, an MA growth of "7" is a pretty big number in the long run! 8O).

As for the abilities themselves, I'm not sure how you managed your patch, but take into consideration Cloud's and Reis' abilities and look at their individual formulas. They'll be a good medium to help balancing all of the monster's abilities to complement their re-balanced MA stat & growth. And also, the Dragon's "Thunder Breath has a point higher than the other breaths, in which are available to Dragons. They are not identical to Reis' "breaths" in terms of the Y multiplier.

As for MP costs, that should be an easy thing to do. Monsters neglect MP costs when abilities are set as their "monster skills" for some reason, so no worries there. :)

And also, be aware that there are some status ailments out there that will prevent a character from learning an ability "upon hit." Pretty much any skill that prevents a character from moving normally is just cause for prevention, like Berserk, Confuse, Sleep, Stop, etc. I'm not sure about Disable/Don't Act, but that's something you should try experiencing when you're playtesting your patch. Experiment!

cheddington

October 28, 2009, 09:00:22 am #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by cheddington
Quote from: "Wasabi"I made Luso into a Blue Mage. Granted, I made the appropriate monster skills in my patch to have a 9999 JP cost, 70% chance to learn, and flagged as a skill that can only be learned upon hit, but the ONE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT that you must consider when you're toying with modifying a Blue Mage character into your team is balancing 1) the monster skills' "Y" multiplier and/or the formula itself (if you so choose) and 2) the monsters' MA growths and multipliers!

I can't give you a detailed method on what I did with my patch, but consider the fact that monsters can't equip weapons, armors and accessories to boost their stats, so you'll have to balance their stats accordingly so that their growths and multipliers are slightly higher than the normal human. So, really, this is going to be a ludicrcous case of brewing the coffee and making it an all-nighter of re-shifting the monster's MA stat (seriously, an MA growth of "7" is a pretty big number in the long run! 8O).

As for the abilities themselves, I'm not sure how you managed your patch, but take into consideration Cloud's and Reis' abilities and look at their individual formulas. They'll be a good medium to help balancing all of the monster's abilities to complement their re-balanced MA stat & growth. And also, the Dragon's "Thunder Breath has a point higher than the other breaths, in which are available to Dragons. They are not identical to Reis' "breaths" in terms of the Y multiplier.

As for MP costs, that should be an easy thing to do. Monsters neglect MP costs when abilities are set as their "monster skills" for some reason, so no worries there. :)

And also, be aware that there are some status ailments out there that will prevent a character from learning an ability "upon hit." Pretty much any skill that prevents a character from moving normally is just cause for prevention, like Berserk, Confuse, Sleep, Stop, etc. I'm not sure about Disable/Don't Act, but that's something you should try experiencing when you're playtesting your patch. Experiment!

Thanks for that Wasabi, some very useful info there.

Stuff like the status effects and changing monster stats is something i'd not thought about yet. Biggest problem i'm having at the moment is sticking with things as i'm not very decisive. Would you be willing to send your patch, or at least the blue mage part to help?

Tbh i'm considering giving in till a second playthrough but I don't usually do second playthroughs (so many games to play!) but i'm wanting to get back to my game now. Still would be nice to make it actually worth using Luso because as he stands I just wouldn't bother.

Wasabi

October 28, 2009, 08:18:49 pm #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Wasabi
For a re-balance on MA growths and multipliers, just reference the mage-classes in your party, and give monsters a slight buff (I added an additional 22-35% on their usual MA multiplier, I think), and for growths just consider the Mime class and make that stat slightly lower across the [monster] board. I personally gave the Chocobo family 34 and the rest about 35-7, save the Marlboros and Hydras. And for the abilities themselves, like I said before: Take a look at Cloud's and Reis' abilities. Heck, Cloud's Brave Slash has a Y multiplier of "8" so that's a good reference point on what you want for standard monster skills like the Animas, Featherbomb etc.

If you take a look at the Master Guide for FFT1.3, you can get a small idea on what I did with the multipliers for monsters (save some variation that did with my patch). Of course, the monster skills have been reworked and there's no definitive list of a Blue Mage class with a compiled skillset on the guide, but that's something you have to do yourself. Trust me, it's doable. Just have a calculator on hand and commit to it.