• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:38:30 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

2 questions with fftpatcher (shops and joining of people)

Started by Tea, October 05, 2008, 07:04:43 pm

Tea

I have been trying for the past week to make a nice patch for FFT with some changes in all areas. Also making it possible to buy those rare items at will, and having certain characters join at certain times. However, these last two things don't really work as intended.

The shop availability is simple, the items (knight swords and the like) just won't appear in the shops. I unchecked the "rare" tag," and made them available from the start in chapter 1. When I go into a shop, the only extra items that appear are the items that were already set as buyable somewhere, which seems weird. Can't I set these items to buyable, or is there some trick to it I don't know?

The other problem is about characters joining that wouldnt normally join. Say, Oran joining in Grog Hill after he meets you accidentily. Say, Formav and company joining after your battle in Mulonde (this was my test battle). I made them exactly the same as other characters who DO join after an event (Meliadoul, Rapha, Malak), but it won't work. They just teleport away and I go to the next battle. I could of course uncheck the "immunity to traitor status" box, but that's not possible with Oran. He's never fighting you after all.

Is there anything I missed, or is it just plain imossible?

LastingDawn

October 05, 2008, 07:20:43 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
That's because The Three Shrine Knights have left the field, they aren't technically "there" anymore to invite. The Olan event won't work because there is no black screen which can even usher in a "join unit" screen. About the items... well I can't recall.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Tea

October 05, 2008, 07:26:53 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Tea
So to get people to join there has to be a black screen, and they have to be on field at the end of the event, if I understand you clearly? Which probably means that using Lioneditor to get them into my party and using them when I wanted them to join is the better and quicker way, right?

Thanks for the quick reply and the help :>

LastingDawn

October 05, 2008, 07:29:55 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
More then likely, yes. That seems to be the best way to do it.

Art of War

DarthPaul

October 05, 2008, 11:12:15 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
as far as the items go ive been looking into their code because they dont have a specific shop to but them in ya know like you can only buy knifes here and sword there type thing thats why and im trying to fix it
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Archael

October 06, 2008, 01:56:02 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "darthpaul"as far as the items go ive been looking into their code because they dont have a specific shop to but them in ya know like you can only buy knifes here and sword there type thing thats why and im trying to fix it

thats cool man hope you find something

Green Archer

October 06, 2008, 02:51:43 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Green Archer
Have you tried to click on the 'join after event' via tbe ENTD tab in FFTPatcher?

I was able to add Elmdor, Oran, Cletienne and Aliste in my party this way... :)

Tea

October 06, 2008, 06:50:13 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Tea
I did do that, Green Archer, but it didn't work in my test battle =p Anyways, thanks people :>

DarthPaul

October 06, 2008, 09:27:58 am #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
like LD said they have to be on the field at the end of the battle/event for them to join so getting gafgarion isnt possible without inserting him manually
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Tea

October 06, 2008, 11:31:12 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Tea
While we're busy anyways, I tried adding a few items on slots that had nothing there (item 279 etc.), made them common (not rare), enemy level 85 etc, but they wont show up in the enemy's equipment for me to steal. Using lioneditor to get them in my inventory isnt gonna work with these items, so I was wondering what else has to be done to make a few new items, or do you have to use item slots that already have an item there?

LastingDawn

October 06, 2008, 08:26:22 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
The Multiplayer Items as of now cannot be obtained in Normal Methods, nothing at all can give them to you, short of hacking them in yourself.

Art of War

DarthPaul

October 06, 2008, 08:32:32 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
sadly this would be one of the great break throughs and i dont even have my foot in the door with my research on it

Tea

October 06, 2008, 08:40:19 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Tea
k, so that means I'll simply delete the bags and replace their spot. Always hated those things anyways >o Maybe some other stupid items too that didn't add anything anyways. Does mean Im gonna edit a lot of text. Oh well.

DarthPaul

October 06, 2008, 10:57:10 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
text editing is the fun part though

takes almost no understanding at all

Echo0

October 28, 2009, 12:57:31 am #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Echo0
Quote from: "LastingDawn"The Multiplayer Items as of now cannot be obtained in Normal Methods, nothing at all can give them to you, short of hacking them in yourself.

Apologies for the necrobump.

Since patcher 457 allows editing of the items, is it not possible to edit the item list (in ENTD) to allow for characters to equip multiplayer items? It would seem to me that knowing the addresses for the items would be the big problem, and it would be a (relatively) simple matter to add them to the list of possible equips.

ShinHadokenman

December 20, 2009, 06:19:36 am #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ggx2rking
I know it been along time since the last post but I have an I idea for the shop but you may not like it why not try using the poachers den for buying the rare items I think it should work because we you sell something to the den you are able to buy it back whenever you want
  • Modding version: PSX