• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:14:51 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

A couple "is this possible" and if so questions

Started by Ravengloome, November 23, 2012, 07:00:20 pm

Ravengloome

Hello this is my first post: I was going to make a seperate post to introduce myself, but that seemed needless and really unnecessary.

On to business then.

I am trying to add a couple methods of attack/utility to the (thoughts on the concept, or how to make them with existing formulae or the ones i would need to write to make it act right whichever you would prefer to give)

Thief skillset

Ability 1: Throat Slash
- Automatically interupts casting/performing
- Casts silence (Random chance maybe around 25%?, enough so it can happen, but nothing overpowering where it always lands?)

Ability 2: Gambit
- Random 0 - 4 weapon strikes, does damage based on whatever weapon your using: costs 6mp? (that way the Thief can't just daisychain it?)

Knight skillset

Ability 1: Head break
- Add confusion 100% on successful headbreak (I think I can probably figure this out myself, BUT i may as well ask since i took the time to ask the other questions)

Reaction Ability:

Bloodthirst (Samurai)
- Essentially critical:quick, but activates anytime there is an enemy or ally on the field of battle that goes "critical"
- I am concerned this would be more unbalanced then even blade grasp is currently, It might be more of a pie in the sky type idea or need its effective range reduced to movement range of the samurai < guessing that would be even harder to figure out as far as ASM goes, and my ability/skill with meandering through ASM is uglier then the selection of ladies at bar close.

Chemist (ITEM) changes
- Is it possible to have offensive status inflicting items?
- Add some of the Throw skills to skillset (this is an easy question to test, and i Plan on testing this probably before I get a response to the thread)

And I thoroughly apologize if I missed any threads that already address these issues, I tried to find them via search, and just general pouring through the forums: My skill at search function could probably use some freshening up though.

Thanks for your time and responses.

Choto

Pretty much everything you mentioned is possible, with the right ASM work. It really isn't that hard to learn, but it takes some effort and persistence.

The hardest ones would be Bloodthirst and adding Throw skills to skillset. The throw thing is right on the fringes of what we know about it, so a little digging would probably reveal what needs to be done to make it so. Bloodthirst is kind of a longshot from my perspective... but the other guys may know something about it.

The abilities are just formula hacks. These are among the more simple things to do. If you want to start getting your feet wet with ASM, you might as well start there. shows what each formula actually does at a programming level. Follow the notes and you should be able to figure some things out of how they work.

Chemist items inflicting offensive status is wholly controllable via FFTPatcher.. which is simple.

If don't want to learn ASM, then maybe somebody will get to your hacks here or there. I've found that it's easier to learn about how things work so you can do exactly what you want to do. Check out the resources around the website and you'll get a better idea of what you can and can't do.