• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:30:42 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

CD Mage Question - Only one import at a time?

Started by DameonLG, February 10, 2012, 12:13:06 am

DameonLG

Title states the question. Does CD Mage only allow you to import one at a time? I spent about an hour swapping out probably between 50-70% of the sprites out in a folder I made to work with and can only seem to import them one at a time.

XC

Eternal

Don't use CDage to replace sprites- use Shishi instead. It's included with the FFTPatcher suite. :)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

3lric

Haha I answered you on IRC but you left, this is why i asked what shishi you has earlier too, you don't use CDMage for this. You can view and replace them right in Shishi
  • Modding version: PSX

Celdia

• Discord username: Celdia#0

DameonLG

February 10, 2012, 10:26:58 am #4 Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 11:16:16 am by DameonLG
I replaced the sprites with Shishi, and tried to re-import them with CD Mage. So I should use Shishi to re-import? It was a bit confusing because it says 'import' but the import tool only lets me bring in new .bmp images over sprites I opened with Shishi.

I tried opening the .img files with shishi to edit, but the only way I can open up .img files with shishi right now is if I right click the .img file and go 'open with' and select the file and that just gives me a blank shishi interface where all I can do under file is 'open' again. If I go 'open' from shishi the .img files aren't selectable. I figure that means this version isn't compatible with .img

3lric

February 10, 2012, 06:56:51 pm #5 Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 07:06:43 pm by Elric42
Quote from: DameonLG on February 10, 2012, 10:26:58 am
I replaced the sprites with Shishi, and tried to re-import them with CD Mage. So I should use Shishi to re-import? It was a bit confusing because it says 'import' but the import tool only lets me bring in new .bmp images over sprites I opened with Shishi.

I tried opening the .img files with shishi to edit, but the only way I can open up .img files with shishi right now is if I right click the .img file and go 'open with' and select the file and that just gives me a blank shishi interface where all I can do under file is 'open' again. If I go 'open' from shishi the .img files aren't selectable. I figure that means this version isn't compatible with .img

As I told you yesterday .img works fine, there is NO compatiblity issue. You need to get Shishi .478 in this you open your .img, then you go the sprite you want to replace and insert a new one, shishi saves automatically and then its done. I really have no idea where you are getting the idea that you need to do anything regarding sprites with CDMage. You NEED to do it in Shishi you you can set the TYPE correctly on any that differ

and what do you mean by re-import? You import one time in shishi, that's all, done.