• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:05:32 am

Equip Change Mod

Started by Alxander, August 17, 2016, 01:47:46 pm

Alxander

Hello FFHackers!

I am trying to change Equip Change to not count as an action or use the turn so it could be of some actual use.  Does anyone know how to do this?  I have searched and couldn't find it in the forum.  I have seen others think the same thing and why some wouldn't advise it but still nothing about how to do it.

Emmy

Depending on how you set up your items, equip change is already of actual use. :)  IMO it's one of the most underrated supports in the game, if you set up items to not be direct upgrades to each other and to have interesting effects.  Granted it's usually competing with stuff like Throw Item and Short Charge in most mods, unless you merge r/s/m.

But to answer your question about how to change Equip Change to not require an action, it has already been made:

<Patch name="EQ Change is not an action">
    <Description>
      Use equip change without taking up an action.
    </Description>
    <Location file="EVENT_EQUIP_OUT" offset="9fc">
    </Location>
  </Patch>

C/p from this topic: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10325.msg196468#msg196468
  • Modding version: PSX

Alxander

August 17, 2016, 09:29:34 pm #2 Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 09:35:31 pm by Alxander
Thanks! That will work.

Alxander

It has been a while since I have done this.  I was wondering how to apply that patch.

Emmy

I'm not good at explaining things, can someone who is please explain it better?

You need to copy/paste it into one of the xml files that comes with FFTOrgasm.  It should appear in the list if you did it right.

dw6561

Or just paste it into a blank text document, and add <Patches> and </Patches> to the beginning and end of the document, respectively. Then save it as a .xml in the FFTOrgASM folder and you should be good.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Alxander

Okay, I wasn't sure if that would work in this situation or if it would need something different.  I will try it later.