• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:07:14 am

Opening PPF files on Mac OSX

Started by polygonSleep, July 04, 2014, 11:42:37 pm

polygonSleep

Hi i'm running Max OSX Lion. I'm using PCSX Reloaded and want to play this amazing looking FFT: Journey of the Five, but I can't figure out what to do with this .ppf file. Looked all over the web and here and haven't found an answer. Anyone?

RavenOfRazgriz

A PPF simply contains the differences between two files.  You need a program which can apply a PPF to another file such as PPF-O-Matic, and the original file the PPF was made from - in this case a US .ISO, .IMG, or .BIN of Final Fantasy Tactics for PS1 - to apply the PPF to. 

Obviously we cannot provide you with a copy of Final Fantasy Tactics so you're on your own there, and I'm not sure if PPF-o-Matic has a Mac version or what its Mac equivalent is but that's where you would start looking.  However, once you've applied the PPF, you can just open your game in your emulator and you're good to go.

Xifanie

• Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

polygonSleep