• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Where is Character Bio age stored?

Started by xonhpei, November 15, 2011, 12:46:14 pm

xonhpei

If I am editing, or rather adding an entry to the Brave Story's Character Bio for a custom character, where can I find the variables storing the ages for each bio entry?  I know that they are specifically assigned to each bio slot, since I experimented by pasting Marge Funeral's data into Algus' slot for Act I.  The age still displayed 16.
? He's on fire! ?

3lric

November 15, 2011, 01:01:04 pm #1 Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 01:32:23 pm by Elric42
Quote from: xonhpei on November 15, 2011, 12:46:14 pm
If I am editing, or rather adding an entry to the Brave Story's Character Bio for a custom character, where can I find the variables storing the ages for each bio entry?  I know that they are specifically assigned to each bio slot, since I experimented by pasting Marge Funeral's data into Algus' slot for Act I.  The age still displayed 16.

Most of this is listed in WLDMES.BIN which can be edited in FFTactext, hope this helps :mrgreen:

Also this should probably have been posted in the Help section
  • Modding version: PSX

xonhpei

Quote from: Elric42 on November 15, 2011, 01:01:04 pm
Most of this is listed in WLDMES.BIN which can be edited in FFTactext, hope this helps :mrgreen:

WLDMES.BIN relays each character's age from a variable that isn't found with FFTactext.  I know that the actual bio entries are there.  If I add a character, I'd like their age to update the same way that the vanilla characters' ages update with the passage of game time.
? He's on fire! ?

3lric

Quote from: xonhpei on November 15, 2011, 01:10:45 pm
WLDMES.BIN relays each character's age from a variable that isn't found with FFTactext.  I know that the actual bio entries are there.  If I add a character, I'd like their age to update the same way that the vanilla characters' ages update with the passage of game time.

Yea unfortunately since we haven't started this part in my mod yet, I'm afraid i don't have the information regarding the birthdate. hopefully someone will come along shortly and fill in the blanks that i can't. Also you can always jump onto chat, someone there might be able to provide the info you're looking for.
  • Modding version: PSX

xonhpei

? He's on fire! ?