• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:10:05 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Japanese Spriting

Started by Cheetah, April 29, 2010, 03:23:02 am

Miroshi Beshima

I wasnt joking, but it's not the portrait, its just the style of shading. It reminds of someones portrait cuz the shading style is similar. :/ Sorry, it just looked familiar, thats all.

Kagebunji

Quote from: "jimmyjw88"
Quote from: "Kagebunji"FF7 port's are nice, but Cloud and Zack are better on our site IMO.
Haha. Well, my brother said theirs/he(?) is better. Lol.

Btw, I meant the one you are using as your portrait, the current one on site is not lookind like AC Cloud.

And I think we should change the portrait of ours Sephiroth's, Vincent's and Tifa's to these ones. But I don't wanna do it alone, since some reople will get mad I am sure. So, let's vote:
1.Change Sephiroth's portrait,
2.Change Vincent's portrait,
3.Change Tifa's portrait.

I vote for 1, 2, and 3 ofcourse.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Cheetah

I think we need a website feature or place just for putting portraits. Then anyone can put them in if they like without looking through the entire spriting thread to find them.
Current Projects:

jimmyjw88

Quote from: "Cheetah"I think we need a website feature or place just for putting portraits. Then anyone can put them in if they like without looking through the entire spriting thread to find them.
If we can do this, that would be great.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Zozma

you know, i would REALLY like to see the intended sprite sheets for all these well made japanese portraits, i have no doubt, for one, that they are using the beatrix sprite i made with their portrait, but as for the others, no one has really made them on this site so i cant help but wonder if they really have complete sprites for them.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Knox

I've been in other situations where the japanese artists often have alot of their work locked behind passworded pages and whatnot.
I dunno if this is the case with these folks, but chances are if they DO have the sprites ( I don't think they'd make portraits and not sprites impo, but maybe they did. ) and theyre just in places we can't reach.

I know we are trying to communicate with them or something? Or is anyone actually making any progress? I DID speak with my japanese friend and he said his japanese is too rusty and he apologizes that he can't help.

I could try to find a fellow gamer whos japanese on one of the boards i follow but i dunno what luck I'd have.

Perhaps you guys could put up an add somewhere seeking a translator so we can speak with them?
  • Modding version: PSX
~Auranhiem

jimmyjw88

So far, we've seen many great portraits by japanese but yet on sprite. Hmm....Now I starts to wonder if they really did make the sprites of all those portraits or just portraits for fun.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.