• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:23:25 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

WotL Slowdown Removal Patch

Started by endrift, February 22, 2012, 02:21:59 pm

Vivi

in "plugins" section in recovery menu appears the following:

livepatch.prx [GAME] .................... Enabled

So i assume its enabled, and i came to the conclussion that it only works with the original UMD and not with a ISO, and its only my speculation because its the first time i use a livepatch plugin, but for FFT is totally worth the try.

endrift

It's possible it's a problem with your ISO loader. I haven't tested it against very many--it wasn't a priority for me.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

dacheat

Wow this is great. Worked like a charm on my 5.50 GEN-D3 firmware.

Thanks again!

machinist

It's just incredible! It really works! Thanks!

endrift

I'm working on a JP version of the unstretch patch. It basically works, but I have a few small things to fix. I'll upload it tomorrow. I also found a bug in the NA/EU version, which I've fixed and will upload at the same time as the JP one.

endrift

New version of unstretch.live for NA/EU and an initial version of unstretch.live for JP are up now.

SolsticeZero

I know it's a long shot, but is there any chance of getting this to work on the Vita with WotL?

endrift

Not currently. LivePatch requires kernel access, which is something we're a long way from having on the Vita.

SolsticeZero

Dang. Oh well. The Vita will be cracked one day. Until then, I guess I can live with the slowdown.

RandoomDude

so I got everything working, the speed patch is incredible, I never realized how the game was supposed to play until now, but about the stretching,
honestly, i dislike taking the original aspect ratio, and forcing it to stretch to 16:9, but is their anyway to keep the original aspect ratio (4:3 i guess)
and make it so it a least stretches the the full height of the screen, i rather have the screen just a little stretch as opposed to having a box-in-a-box

mercury_storm

I've been using the latest speed patch on 6.6 PRO B firmware and it works great.

I was wondering though, earlier it was stated that this patch works on the UMD of the version of the game, but why?  I thought the whole reason that Square put the slowdown in (on purpose) was because the PSP could not load the spell graphics or sound off of the UMD fast enough for it to work properly and had to reduce the FPS so it would.  If the fast patch makes the game work like it should even on the UMD version, why would they have done this?

Vivi

Well, i wasnt want give up to test the patch, so, after trying 1000 differents iso's and cso's, i tried my last option: i converted one iso to a signed eboot, like the psn version of final fantasy tactics.

After doing it, the patch worked and run smoothly.

I just want to inform here that i conclude that the patch DOESNT WORK on isos and cso files of the game, only on original UMD and signed eboots.

I know that it is not a priority for you right now, but it would be nice in the future you can get the patch work on isos.

great work, the game now runs nice!!! thank you.

RandoomDude

Quote from: Vivi on March 27, 2012, 12:49:48 am
I just want to inform here that i conclude that the patch DOESNT WORK on isos and cso files of the game, only on original UMD and signed eboots.

eh, you sure about that? i'm using an .iso i got online after I lost my physical copy, and the patch works perfectly, note that i'm using a first time PRO-B10 firmware that I installed yesterday, but yeah

endrift

Like I said, I tested ISOs personally, and they did work, so it might be a problem with your ISO loader. What ISO loader were you using, so I can try to add support?

xist

Here's a quick example of with the speed patch and without....(unstretch not applied)

Eternal

Great video. Thanks for making it- this really demonstrates how effective it is.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

xist

Thanks. Apologies for not doing something more impressive but i just thought seeing as surprisingly no-one else had made one, i'd do something quick to illustrate. It's literally the first example of slowdown in the game!

faultmirage

I just wanna say a huge THANK YOU !!! This patch is amazing !!! I updated my psps to 5.00 M33 and it works perfectly.
No problem at starting, loading, saving, putting psp on sleep. I can't thank you enough Archaemic. I wanna say more but I can't put words together !!!!!!!  :lol:
THANK YOU !!!

keener31

just chiming in to say a big THANK YOU!!

i remember brainstorming with others about this back when the game came out and we really didnt get anywhere (obviously) - was recently chatting on a forum about this game and a user was asking if they should play this or the PSX version. I told them the only drawback (aside from the questionable script) were the slowdown and aspect ratio - a helpful poster linked me back here to find these awesome patches.

running WotL from ISO on prome4. no other plugins. both works perfectly, game exits just fine. thinkin i may drop the stretch fix since it does shrink the used pixel space a bit... but its awesome to have the choice.

thanks again! squinting through the dialog, this may now be the definitive version of FFT!

IparryU

April 03, 2012, 04:07:28 am #99 Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 04:27:06 am by IparryU
converted my UMD of WOTL (US) to ISO and worked on my psp (ISO was 399MB using UMDgen)
applied the speed/stretch plugin and this worked just fine
but when I patched my ISO with 1.3.1.0 or KO it did not load.
patches from here:
http://www.insanelyderpy.com/downloads/patches/WOTL1310us.ppf
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=8658.0;attach=10345

I used PPF-O-Matic30 that I got from ID:
http://www.insanelyderpy.com/downloads/tools/PPF-O-Matic30.exe

So my only conclusion thus far is my UMD ripping process... did the same thing with Monster Hunter Portable 3rd to apply the English patch (you need it to be an "untouched/shrinked" ISO) so I am wondering if it was when I applied the patch.

Ripped UMD 3 times so far and did the patch about 7 or 8 times now.

EDIT: So the file size was not 399 that was just Windows geustimating the size when I right click and properties.
when I view the files by details, the Ripped ISO is 409,054 KB