• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:57:10 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Weapon modification

Started by Nyzer, October 27, 2011, 05:59:46 pm

Nyzer

October 27, 2011, 05:59:46 pm Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 06:49:38 pm by nyzer
I haven't made any major, sweeping changes yet, but I was planning on doing such things as changing all Flails into Axes, changing Axes to the 2D formula (which gives them the same effect as the Sword formula), changing the Books into Bags, changing some Knives into Ninja Blades...

Anyway, I've been testing this weapon swapping on Dragoons, and when I tried changing a polearm into a bag, it seems to work okay - except when attacking, the final outstretched animation changes it into a bow.

Is there something I don't know about weapon editing that's coming back to bite me on the ass? >_>

The attributes of the Spear match the attributes of the Croakadile Bag for palette, graphic, item type, second table, range, formula, weapon power,
Striking, Lunging, 2 Hands, and Throwable.

(I'll be playing with more editing after posting this, seeing if it glitches for other weapon types too.)

Edit:

Hmm. Changing the options in Patcher failed even harder for the Flail -> Axe, Ninja Blade -> Knife (graphic), and Book -> Bag... this time instead of one animation being wonky and the others successful, none of them changed in the slightest. :/
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

GeneralStrife

You would have to switch the weapon placement on the weaps sprite sheet probably. I'm not sure the frame limit for that sheet anyways.