• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFT Patcher (.497)

Started by formerdeathcorps, May 14, 2011, 03:57:55 am

Choto

Quote from: Glain on April 26, 2013, 01:02:29 pm
Should we add one to all the IDs in Shishi so they match the ones in FFTP?

YES. This would actually be supremely helpful to the stuff i'm decoding right now :)

Choto

April 27, 2013, 05:25:12 pm #181 Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 06:56:59 pm by Choto
pardon the doublepost, just wanted to make sure you saw it :P.

One more request to make the frame/animation numbers display in hex instead of decimal. It would also help with the misc data/animation stuff i'm looking into. I won't be heartbroken if it's not implemented though.. Thanks!

Edit: I mean in ShiShi, not FFTP

Glain

I've updated my previous post to make it a working list based on the items mentioned here that I'll update as I do things.  Displaying the frame/animation numbers in hex sounds fine, as I imagine nobody relies on those numbers being base 10?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Choto

Just out of curiousity, what would it take to put weapon sheet frames and animations in there? How do they do it for Type 1 and type 2?

Glain

Those sound like good questions... I really don't know much of anything about how that works.

Choto

Just to pack more onto your workload :P The effects tied to item abilities could be added in a drop down menu for their respective abilities like the rest of them. They're actually in the same table of effect ID values. Those would be good to include. Here's my hack that edits those values for referece:

Note: There's an extra 0x0800 flag set with the effect ID for item abilities. There's a routine that checks the flag and returns wether or not it's present in the effect.. so it must serve some kind of function for item abilities.

<Patch name="Item Effect Hack">
<Variable file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="14f6d0" default="0409" name="Potion"/>
<Variable file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="14f6d2" default="0709" name="Hi-Potion"/>
<Variable file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="14f6d4" default="0a09" name="X-Potion"/>
<Variable file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="14f6d6" default="0d09" name="Ether"/>
<Variable file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="14f6d8" default="1009" name="Hi-Ether"/>
<Variable file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="14f6da" default="1109" name="Elixir"/>
<Variable file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="14f6dc" default="0509" name="Antidote"/>
<Variable file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="14f6de" default="0609" name="Eye Drop"/>
<Variable file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="14f6e0" default="0909" name="Echo Grass"/>
<Variable file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="14f6e2" default="0f09" name="Maiden's Kiss"/>
<Variable file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="14f6e4" default="0b09" name="Soft"/>
<Variable file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="14f6e6" default="0e09" name="Holy Water"/>
<Variable file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="14f6e8" default="0809" name="Remedy"/>
<Variable file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="14f6ea" default="0c09" name="Pheonix Down"/> 
</Patch>

Glain

I don't think I understand the difference between this and changing the value of the Effect dropdown in the Abilities tab for those abilities.

Glain

Ah, I see!  The Effect doesn't seem to be editable for the entire ability range from 0x170 - 0x1A5.  Should it be added for all of them, or is there some reason to restrict it to just item abilities?

RavenOfRazgriz

None of the other skills actually have an animation.

Charge is a weapon attack, Jump is basically a weapon attack with a different string of animation bytes for the unit in question, same with Throw except it animates the item being Thrown as a projective, Math Skill calls entire different abilities and uses those animations.  I'm not sure changing their animations would even DO anything other than maybe crash the game horrifically?  You'd probably want to do a lot of testing with that before making them editable in FFTPatcher.

Choto

All of those abilities are actually part of the same big table referenced by ability ID. So you can give any ability up to the first support ability an effect. Charge, Jump, etc. are all FFFF. At the end of the table after reaction abilities is actually some event effects.. perhaps those abilities are called in events or something to play the effect. I'm sure they behave in some funny ways though. Like I know all jump abilities default to a certain one regardless of the distance. Items should be safe though =)

Glain

May 01, 2013, 07:00:47 pm #191 Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 06:53:42 pm by Glain
Is that portion of the effects table (for item abilities) the same in PSP as it is in PSX?  I'm currently operating under the assumption that it is.

Edit: I found the same sequence in the PSP version's EBOOT.BIN.  It looks like they're identical.

Glain

How's this for the ENTD unit view with some new labels/organization?

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

RavenOfRazgriz

Needs better space management.

Move the Equipment section under the Skills section.  Move the AI section to the right of the Abilities and Equipment sections, so that the bottom of the AI box is in-line with the bottom of the Equipment box.  Move the Spoils and Unknown boxes into the now-empty space above the AI box.

This would conserve a lot of vertical space on-screen (good for people with small monitors) and minimize the amount of wasted "white" space on the interface.

Glain

May 03, 2013, 08:39:44 am #195 Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 01:36:41 am by Glain
Something like so?

Edit: It looks like the AI box has some blank space at the bottom, so I'd probably shrink it a bit and move Spoils/Unknown down slightly so the top of those boxes match vertically with Skills.

Glain

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on August 15, 2012, 03:50:47 pm
Also, unrelated, not sure if this is true for other versions of OrgASM, but with .482 OrgASM, once I apply ASMs to an ISO, it won't allow me to choose new ASMs and apply them to the ISO without restarting the program.  Visually, I can click the boxes, choose a new ISO to patch, etc., so it looks like it works... but if you actually check the ISO, no edit has been made with your new choices.

9 month old quote \o/

I just failed to reproduce this.  Do you have a specific case?

RavenOfRazgriz

That quote doesn't quite describe it properly.

I can USE the program correctly, but when I re-apply the ASMs, nothing actually HAPPENS on the ISO.  It's like once I choose ASMs and apply to ISO once, those settings become "locked" and nothing I change on the Interface seems to matter.  I had it happen a lot when working with the Journey of the Five ISO and trying to debug various versions of custom ASMs we have.

Choto

I can vouch for this happening too. Pick ASM --> patch ASM--> pick new ASM --> patch new ASM --> new ASM's no work.

Glain

You wouldn't happen to remember specific hacks that cause it to happen? :D

I only tried it on two simple hacks (apply one, then the other), but both of the hacks seemed to be applied when I tried it.