• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

CoP Progress Log, Suggestions & Bugs

Started by Kokojo, May 07, 2010, 08:33:37 am

HebrewToYou

Another bug: game crashes out during chapter III's puppet battle at Mourning Plains. It appears to be triggered when Silye attempts to take her first turn of the battle. There's no way I have found to avoid the crash. Happy to provide any additional information you might need.

3lric

• Modding version: PSX

Kokojo

Im trying to find out the cause of those bugs. I would perhaps blame your emulator since I am able to play withouth a hitch on psxfin, however I can't be sure.

Il try to weed out the problems after those next 2-3 days since I am celebrating the new year.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

coldds

tip: use equip change on battle and equip the stoled itens if they are realy good cause you probably gonna lose the old ones

Angel

To Kokojo: For testing purposes, it's better to use something more accurate (like Mednafen core in Retroarch), as it should point out the most legitimate bugs. While pSX is very much better suited for FFT than ePSXe, it is generally less accurate. If it doesn't break on Mednafen, it is unlikely to break anywhere else (including console).

Haven't tested myself yet (end of year is super busy at work, plus December & January is like... non-stop birthdays in my family), but I'd very much like to soon.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Guru

I can confirm you can get past the puppet battle on psxfin. The dialog for the battle after puppets scrolls too fast I couldn't even read it. Oh and during that scene.... There is a thief thats kneeling there that should be dead. I like this scene a lot by the way....is this the collaboration scene?

Guru

January 02, 2016, 07:03:28 pm #86 Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 07:25:17 pm by Guru
Alright just finished ch3 I think(it went to an empty map after some old "friends" join the team).

No other bugs to report except that I did not find a single move-find item in the entire ch 1-3 play through and I thought it was kinda odd. I wasn't exactly looking but still shoulda found at least one item I thought. Maybe it was turned off or something?

Anyways ch3 was awesome loved it! I like where its going too I think it'll be cool to see where this leads  :P. I don't want to say too much for spoilers so I'll just say that I enjoyed playing this very much  :mrgreen:

*edit* Oh yeah one other thing....In ch3 I stole the "keeper's blade" and when I looked at it after battle it only had 6 attack power and I coulda swore it was 12 before(at least in ch1 I believe it was) but I could be wrong on that.

And the "full plate"  adds 1+ MA but is not listed in description

I plan on doing a second play through sometime so I'll post anything else I find.

(Sorry for double post btw but it's been a couple days since last post)

3lric

That scene wasn't the collaboration event. The collaboration event was a large and very involved scene.

Guru

I been trying to keep vague in my posts so I don't do too many spoilers but....

Quote from: Guru on January 01, 2016, 07:00:27 pm
The dialog for the battle after puppets scrolls too fast I couldn't even read it. Oh and during that scene.... There is a thief thats kneeling there that should be dead. I like this scene a lot by the way....is this the collaboration scene?
I was talking about that crazy huge battle scene, the one right after the puppet battle. lol that was epic scene and its definitely huge

* edit * Oh but I couldn't read the message that scrolls during the beginning of that scene. It just scrolled through too fast. And like halfway through the scene there is this thief that gets slain and he knees down instead of dying. The chocobo actually runs through the kneeling thief.

3lric

Kokojo

I will be trying my best to fix at least the equipement bug ASAP. Thanks for playing and thanks for the comments, it's really appreciated.

Also that's weird, move find-items are there, for each map, at least until chapter 3. Guess you got very very unlucky.

Guru

Yeah that's my luck  :P That collaboration event was epic kokojo! It's cool you guys are able to work together and help each other out. I'm proud to be a leacher of this community  :mrgreen:

VinceValeker

Hello. So I played your patch, and I really like it. The story has my full attention and the gameplay is very different yet still has that tactics element. Whatever your doing, keep it up!

I do have to mention, I haven't found a single item in the game. I'm not sure if I'm unlucky or if there is an issue. Either way, I can live without it.

I steal a lot of items, and I have to ask. Does the "occasional lost of all 'spare' items" a thing that's supposed to happen or is it a bug? I usually try and keep it by just using the 'equip change' trick.

Lastly, would you like a list of small errors/bugs that I've encountered? I didn't keep track but I do recall some that I can list, and I could always just keep track from now on. I'm currently on Chapter 3.

Guru

Hmm as far as the move-find goes, we could both be incredibly unlucky...But I'm almost wondering if some how the innate move-find ability isn't working? I'm not a programmer so not sure exactly how it works but just a theory. Or maybe its just bad luck, I do have plenty of that lol.

The loss of inventory is a known bug. He's working on fixing it asap. It seems to happen twice(for me any ways), once in ch 1 and once in ch 2. But now that your on ch3 you should be good to go!

CT5Holy

January 05, 2016, 03:07:42 pm #95 Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 04:04:28 pm by CT5Holy
Hey Kokojo - first off, I've been having a blast playing through CoP again. Awesome job!

Unfortunately, both ePSXe and psxfin have been crashing at the Mourning Plains puppet battle. The battle goes smoothly for a bit, then unexpectedly crashes. psxfin says something about an illegal address, and ePSXe had some sort of error window pop up.

All three crashes involved the 4th unit in my roster (female Elementalist, for what it's worth). Twice it crashed as I had her wait (once on ePSXe, once on psxfin), another time it was after she cast Healing Wind (this was on ePSXe).

I'll play through the battles again to get you the text of the error message.

EDIT: well, it crashed one more time when I clicked on Armageddon, but I forgot to note the error. Oops. But the next try there were no problems and I got past the battle.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Kokojo

how immensely weird, I can't get it to crash whatever I try. I think It might be the map, but then it would't make sense if it works in the end.

A unit, off-map, has a speed of 1 and when he gets his turn, it stops the battle and you win. It seems he's the source of all my troubles, but I am unsure how this is possible.

I should be able to fix the inventory bug by tomorrow... if I find what's causing it.

Angel

I have three questions;

CT5Holy:
1) Have you tried getting a new base image of FFT? Either from physical disc or undisclosed internet acquirement?

Kokojo:
2) What emulators have you used? If you list fewer than three, I suggest you download, install, and try more.
3) Are you using the patch posted against a fresh ISO, or from your working environment?

I'm still not fully recovered - I lost 3TB of data, vacation is just now ending, and I'm trying to salvage relationships and sanity right now. I will happily test myself in the near future, but it may not be until the weekend, at least.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

VinceValeker

Quote from: Kokojo on January 05, 2016, 06:10:50 pm
how immensely weird, I can't get it to crash whatever I try. I think It might be the map, but then it would't make sense if it works in the end.

A unit, off-map, has a speed of 1 and when he gets his turn, it stops the battle and you win. It seems he's the source of all my troubles, but I am unsure how this is possible.

I should be able to fix the inventory bug by tomorrow... if I find what's causing it.

If it helps, I had no issues with that battle.

I just completed the chapter. Interesting twist of plot. Can't wait to see how it goes.

Here is a (Current) list of bugs.

Quote- Lohengrin (Sword) list that it has 3 Weapon Power. It however, gives 7.
- Sagoris (Axe) list that it has 15 Weapon Power. It however, gives 11.
- Pelukus (Axe) list that it has 10 Weapon Power. It however, gives 8.
- Fermata (Staff) list that it provides 1 MA. It however, provides 0 MA.
- Leisel's Gun (Gun) does not list the proper Weapon Power that it gives. I forgot the details to this due to losing it.
- Ball and Chain (Flail) list that it gives 11 Weapon Power. It however, gives 10.
- Qaws Ferengi (Crossbow) has no space between the listed Weapon Power and Evade.
- Grimirum Rernum (Dictionary) list that it gives 10 Weapon Power. It however, gives 5.
- Venia's Stick (Stick) has no description. It provides 15 Weapon Power and 1 Physical Attack though. I'm not sure if this was supposed to be steal-able.
- Miter (Hat) provides 1 Move Point and 1 Speed Point. However, it does not list it in the description.
- Ushanka (Hat) has no space between the listed HP and MP.
- Sorcerers Attire (Clothing) list that it provides 2 Physical Attack. However, it provides 2 Magical Attack.
- Straightjacket (Clothing) has multiple small errors. It does not list that it provides 2 Physical and Magical Attack, and it ends in Madmans in the description. Not sure if its due to spacing issues or whatever. Thought i'd list it.
- Stonebracelet (Armlet) does not list that it provides 2 Speed Points.
- Demon's Arm (Gauntlet) does not list that it provides 6 A-EV.
- Noble's Cloak (Cape) list that it provides 26 A-EV, it however, only provides 24.
- Golem's (Class) Piercing Strike, Blunt Blow, Mighty Slash does not do any change of damage. I can be wrong on this one but just thought i'd mention from my own experience.
- Archaic's Demon (Class) Skillset (In formation) list their skill as Thunder/Ice/Aqua Soul instead of Eat Soul, Pure Anger, and Crush. In battle it list the abilities correctly.]
- Sprite issue with the Tonberry you fight in Chapter Two. You can make out the Uribo that you replace.
- Vilya's Slice and Dice (Skill) does not work on Bombs. It just list 00% chance for success. Not sure if its a bug or something that isn't listed.
- Loneliness (Skill) does not remove Re-Raise.
- Inventory screws up. I'm sure your aware of this information.

There, I listed all the small issues mostly concerning of items. Hopfully this will keep you mildly busy, or something.

DeJ

Hey Kokojo --

Just wanted to say thanks for the great patch, I am really enjoying my playthrough so far. The events and story are great and I love the new battle system you have installed.

I must admit that I too have experienced the inventory bug. I stole a variety of items (in the jail break scenario where you get generic heroes to join, I believe in Chp 1) and was excited to equip them only to find them no longer in my inventory. I believe some other items were missing too.

This is the only major bug I found, the description/stat inconsistencies aren't crippling to the experience.

All in all, great challenging patch!! I am loving it.

thanks again Kokojo!