• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 02:47:54 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

TacText not usable?

Started by slivers7, September 10, 2010, 08:12:03 am

slivers7

Hi, I've been trying to use TacText, but still can't get it to work right for me.

It loads the text from the ISO fine, but after I edit some entries, and try to apply the patches, it always hangs somewhere in the process of applying.

My ISO currently has the Extend ISO=Spritesheets Re-assignment=FFT:Cv50 ppf patches applied, as well as some editing using FFTPatcher and imported sprites. The only problem it faces is with TacText.

I've tried using TacText first on the vanilla ISO, and it works, but when I apply my other patches after it, the result is a big mess (wrong text throughout everywhere).

Anyone can help me on this?  :|

philsov

a common workaround for hanging is this:

rip text
edit text
Save text
close program
open edited file

patch
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

slivers7

I might be missing some of the common-sense terms here. I'm getting it as:

-Use TacText to open the text from the ISO, and edit it to what I want, then save the text as a *.ffttext file
-close TacText

Then, open the *.ffttext file. But, using what, exactly? If it's TacText, well, I just tried following the steps, and it still doesn't work.

Or do you mean something like Notepad? How'd I patch it, then?

philsov

QuoteIf it's TacText, well, I just tried following the steps, and it still doesn't work.

Weird.  

oooooooooooooooh

FFT:Complete has some issues with tactext, sadly.  I can assume you're handing up at DTE on wrldhlp.lwz or something, ah?  No dice there atm... fft:c used a different version of tactext which is incompatible with the current version, afaik -- and melonhead, the awesome dood who made the program, hasn't been around much for followthough :(
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

slivers7

Oh man.

No go, until a compatible version of TacText gets released by melonhead, I suppose. :|