• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:01:10 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

TacText Issue

Started by Eternal248, March 12, 2010, 01:26:37 am

Eternal

Hey all. I edited a bunch of spell quotes and added a bunch of new ones for my patch, but when I go to patch the ISO, it gives me the error in the screenshot below. I went back and shortened them so that their width is below 130, but the error still occurs. I've tried it on a new ISO and everything, and the error persists. Any idea what's causing this and how it can be fixed? Thanks.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

formerdeathcorps

OK.  That happened with me too.  This means you added too many spell descriptions or spell quotes and exceeded the maximum allowed size of the file (SPELL.MES).

You fix this by setting all the unused monster abilities that say No Message to ... (to save lots of space).
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Eternal

Wow... you're a lifesaver! Not only did that seem to fix that issue, but that seemed to fix the other issue I was having with TacText being unable to patch ISO's patched by the Patcher! Thanks a ton!

EDIT: Although that issue is fixed, there is still one minor error that's... interesting. In battle and the formation screen, any job with the 'on' syllable (which is a lot more than you would think) is replaced with 'in'. Oniin Knight, Mink, Summiner, Automatin, etc. I brought this up to Zodiac before, but I don't know if anyone else knows anything about it.

EDIT 2: Said error seems to be gone, but more testing needs to be done. Either way, it's a strange error...
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817