• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:55:05 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Need Help Changing Ramza Squire Abilities

Started by kingsbury23, May 04, 2019, 03:33:30 am

kingsbury23

Hello,

This is my first time ever getting into modding for FFT:WOTL . I have done this in the past for the base game for PlayStation 1, but never for the PSP version (Which I'm doing an emulator of the ppsspp). So I am literally just wanting to change Ramza's abilities for the squire to be like a Holy Knight to have some better moves. But I have no idea how to do the FTPatcher if that even works with ppsspp? I'm just confused as to what to do because I'm just literally wanting to make Ramza have some better abilities and don't know what direction to go since this is my first time dealing with this. If anyone could lend me some tips or steer me in the right direction that would be very much appreciated!

Thank You!
  • Modding version: WotL

Nyzer

The process of using FFTP on the PSP version is literally identical to using it on the PSX version. The one single thing you might do differently is to select PSP instead of PSX with the dropdown menus when applicable.

FFTP is also an extremely straightforward tool - even if you had never used it before, it should be really easy to figure out what to do with just five or ten minutes of looking around.

So what are you having issues with?  :|
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

kingsbury23

Thank you for replying back I appreciate any help I can get! Awesome that's good to know then because I was thinking it was incompatible with ppsspp for the fftp for PSP version! So I know I must be doing something wrong I'm just curious but these are the steps that I take and don't know how to exactly how to add the patch to my ppsspp iso for war of the lions? This is what I do:

Run FTPPatcher --> File --> New PSP Patch --> Here I go to Jobs and make it so that the Squire jobs for Ramza are changed to basically a holy knight skillset --> File --> Save Patch --> But now is where I'm stuck as to how to apply this patch to my ISO of the PSP version for final fantasy tactics war of the lion

Thanks again for helping me out with this or just steering me in the right direction I do appreciate you taking the time to reply!

Thank You,

Nyzer

You only saved the patch. You didn't actually patch the ISO yet.

kingsbury23

Hello,

So thank you so much for I was doing this so wrong haha! I appreciate you correcting this for me my apologies. So however I am getting this screenshot of when I run the ISO, however. Should I try using a different ISO? I attached a screenshot of the error message I'm getting and don't quite know what I'm doing wrong on this part because I haven't launched the game yet it's a fresh download of war of the lions. Should I just try using a different ISO then or is there something I'm possibly missing? Thanks again for helping me out on this!

Thanks,

Nyzer

I've never seen that message before. No clue, sorry.

3lric

Quote from: kingsbury23 on May 05, 2019, 10:58:30 am
Hello,

So thank you so much for I was doing this so wrong haha! I appreciate you correcting this for me my apologies. So however I am getting this screenshot of when I run the ISO, however. Should I try using a different ISO? I attached a screenshot of the error message I'm getting and don't quite know what I'm doing wrong on this part because I haven't launched the game yet it's a fresh download of war of the lions. Should I just try using a different ISO then or is there something I'm possibly missing? Thanks again for helping me out on this!

Thanks,

Are you sure its an ISO and that you dont have it compressed as CSO? FFTP does not work with the compressed .cso format..
  • Modding version: PSX