• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:54:38 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

How can i prevent the damage from dispaying twice ?

Started by Tony75, April 28, 2019, 10:30:06 pm

Tony75

Trying to create elemental arrows for a better Archer class . Pics of the patcher and what is checked is coming soon .
  • Modding version: WotL

Tony75

Here is a picture of the patcher .

Tony75

I can't put the video on here but what is happening is the archer shoots the arrow the lavaball effect shows up before the arrow gets there . Then it shows the damage amount twice .

Nyzer

So, there's no need to make three back-to-back posts in this topic. Just... finish the one post before posting.

Your image is too large for the page, it's best to scale it down a bit if you see something like that happen and then just edit in the replacement attachment.

As for the video, you could have just given us a Youtube link. Not that we really need it. The same effect happens in the Jot5 release version as well. Normal FFT doesn't really have a way to process the delay in archery skills between the weapon animation and the arrow hit.

I don't know if anyone ever came up with a workaround for it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Heisho

Hello there!

What you can do is remove the check on Weapon Strike ,Weapon Range and set a range of 4-5 for Archer skills.

According to my findings, the Weapon Strike check on arrow skills (or ranged weapons) show twice any given effect, being a status, stat change or damage. However you must be aware that the range will stay fixed regardless of height, so if you want to have something like the original range of bows but without the Weapon Strike check you can search for Dokurider AoE patches and use the ones that increase Range with height. Or better yet you can combine the ones that increase range and AoE and you can make "arrow bombs" or sorta like that, meaning that with a unit located on a high ground, not only the arrows will get farther but also will have some "splash" damage. Just remember to choose an effect that can be used with multiple targets.

I found this while doing experiments with formulas and will be definitely in my project in the future. I hope this can help you.
  • Modding version: PSX
Grrr, arwg, hiss, and some other zombie noises...
  • Discord username: Heisho