• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:48:44 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT T-Shirt Design

Started by Celdia, May 10, 2019, 03:23:04 pm

Celdia

Some of you folks might be interested to know that for the RPG Limit Break charity speedrun marathon going on right now, TheYetee has teamed up with them much like with the Games Done Quick folks and has some new t-shirt designs including one for Tactics. Link to that design here. A portion of proceeds goes to NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness which has more info about that organization here.

Here's a quick look at the shirt design:

I don't think there's too much FFT apparel out there but this one is pretty accessible.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

3lric

Quote from: Celdia on May 10, 2019, 03:23:04 pm
Some of you folks might be interested to know that for the RPG Limit Break charity speedrun marathon going on right now, TheYetee has teamed up with them much like with the Games Done Quick folks and has some new t-shirt designs including one for Tactics. Link to that design here. A portion of proceeds goes to NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness which has more info about that organization here.

Here's a quick look at the shirt design:

I don't think there's too much FFT apparel out there but this one is pretty accessible.

So I love FFT, and I love the GDQ community and any community that does runs for charity. They are extremely noble causes. I would love to support and i generally donate something, but I have an issue with this... Not the idea behind the shirt, but the design itself. The thing is, speedrunners earn a lot for these charities because they are really goddamn good at what they do, and they deserve every bit that they earn for these charities. However, in my opinion, this shirt does not... This does not feel like an FFT shirt to me... The contrast isn't very good, and the design itself is weird... like, what exactly is going on in the background there? Only the one front Chocobo looks correct to me and none of the characters are really distinguishable aside from maybe the Wizard or the Horn on the summoner...

Idk, I'm not trying to shit on the idea, because it would be great to see some _good_ fft apparel, but back to my previous point, these runners make a TON for charity because they are good at what they do, and I feel like whoever made this shirt, frankly, is not... This seems like a really lazy design to me that could do much much better... Never once have I played FFT and thought, "ya know what would make this look great? greyscale"

Again, not trying to shit on the idea or the runners by any means, I respect the shit out of them, and I will donate as I always do, but I personally don't think this shirt is worth it at all. Sorry if I'm being a downer.
  • Modding version: PSX

Bartek-BB

Looks amazing! :D Its official: I am getting that shirt!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
🎲🎲🎲