• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:34:33 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Zareb

Quote from: Barren on June 08, 2012, 11:00:05 am
I can do the next series today. Zareb if you want I can run a gauntlet for you and help you see if your team is good or not

Quote from: Celdia on June 08, 2012, 12:43:37 pm
Since I forgot my last submission for exhibition matches was an old version of my team, I'm going to update it to what I think my other design for the tournament submission was going to be. I didn't save that one so I'm just kind of doing this one as best I can remember. Its still kind of the complete opposite to Zareb's team though so that should make for an amusing matchup. :P

Sounds good x2! :)
Now your blood travels through the veins of our history
It bursts forth in boiling black clouds from the wrists of kings

Barren

I'll definitely get the zareb chronicles by sunday. just got to go through work today and tomorrow morning
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Zareb

Quote from: Barren on June 09, 2012, 06:31:32 am
I'll definitely get the zareb chronicles by sunday. just got to go through work today and tomorrow morning

No rush, man, I just appreciate you doing this for me.  Have a good one.

Zareb

June 10, 2012, 10:34:47 pm #1444 Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 10:43:06 pm by Zareb
Quote from: Barren on June 10, 2012, 06:56:23 pm
FFT Arena The Zareb Chronicles

FFT Arena 1.37b Zareb Chronicle Episode 1

FFT Arena 1.37b Zareb Chronicle Episode 2

FFT Arena 1.37b Zareb Chronicle Episode 3

FFT Arena 1.37b Zareb Chronicle Episode 4

FFT Arena 1.37b Zareb Chronicle Episode 5

Thankfully I fixed that Samurai!  It wasn't my intention for him to heal others with his katana.  For some reason, I thought his sword was absorb when I built him.  I changed the team already, so here's to no more backstabbery performed by Nick the Psychopath.

P.S.  --- I only watched the first two episodes; I dare not watch the last three.  Damn Reflect didn't work to my advantage at all, so I may be changing that around....

iamBQB

Nothing much to say about the Zareb matches that isn't obvious. I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch with the team working as intended. I really should look at the list of possible changes before I get too attached to messing around with my teams, but it's fun to tinker around with things.

Zareb

Quote from: iamBQB on June 11, 2012, 03:21:36 pm
Nothing much to say about the Zareb matches that isn't obvious. I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch with the team working as intended. I really should look at the list of possible changes before I get too attached to messing around with my teams, but it's fun to tinker around with things.

I mutated my team a fair bit after Celdia ran some more tests against its previous build (the one that fixed the Samurai up a bit) and I still got slaughtered.  My intent is for my team to be able to take on anything without getting completely smashed to bits.  Of course, I'd like to win every match, but that's hardly likely (unless I were to abuse certain functions, but I'd like to play as fair as possible whilst offering some innovative, erm, radical elements).

If you want to check-out my updated team, here's the link: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6179.40#msg175412.  Sorry about our previous match.

RavenOfRazgriz

Rule 1 of making the best team ever: There is no abuse if it's legal.

Rule 2 of making the best team ever: You can't take on anything with getting completely smashed to bits.  There will be matches you need to get lucky to win and matches where you simply can't win.  The more you try to beat everything, the more you begin to lose to everything.

Zareb

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on June 11, 2012, 05:33:34 pm
Rule 1 of making the best team ever: There is no abuse if it's legal.

Rule 2 of making the best team ever: You can't take on anything with getting completely smashed to bits.  There will be matches you need to get lucky to win and matches where you simply can't win.  The more you try to beat everything, the more you begin to lose to everything.

Aww.  Well, I hope that my current build is at least an overall improvement. :)

Zareb

Quote from: Barren on June 13, 2012, 04:06:10 pm
FFT Arena 1.37b Zareb (IPRO outdated) vs Barren (My Latest Experiment)

FFT Arena 1.37b Zareb (L4D2) vs veliuz (Shake N Bake)

Versus you: No surprises there.  I had very little status protection and my own status got used against me.  Plus, not much damage as a backup.  Your team's very balanced.

Versus veliuz: Samurai sucks; Archers landing 50% hits; units not Reviving when they're supposed to... the only one that did what I wanted her to do most of the time was my Squire.  But, man, getting hit by a bow for ~250 damage sure sucks.

Fantactic1316

Yeah, I was never gonna win that one.

Loved the music though.
"D'you know in 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important before."
-The Doctor-

Celdia

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Barren

Reks

That long first match scared me, but they pulled through, and dat breaker Archer. GG Zareb!
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Zareb

Quote from: Barren on June 14, 2012, 08:00:28 pm
FFT Arena 1.37 Zareb Chronicles is back!

FFT Arena 1.37b Zareb Chronicle Episode 6

FFT Arena 1.37b Zareb Chronicle Episode 7

FFT Arena 1.37b Zareb Chronicle Episode 8

Hey, my team has three Santa Outfits.  The Summoner is supposed to have a Silk Robe and Magic Ring instead of a Santa Outfit and Cherche.  I can understand why you would mix it up because I made recent changes to the team.  I appreciate you recording the matches though, Barren!

Barren

Oh crap my bad zareb >_<

thanks for pointing it out to me

Zareb

June 14, 2012, 09:41:18 pm #1457 Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 10:35:39 pm by Zareb
Quote from: Reks on June 14, 2012, 09:27:28 pm
That long first match scared me, but they pulled through, and dat breaker Archer. GG Zareb!

Just got halfway through of mine match with Eternal; realized during the beginning that I had three Santa Outfits.  Gotta run; will watch our match when I get home.

EDIT:
Round 1: Sucks that my Paladin kept chasing your Priest around even though he couldn't do anything to her, heh.  Being put on rez and heal duty early on sucks, and it also sucks that you have Wind absorb, too.  Damn Armor Break!  Was glad to see my Scholar FINALLY be able to use Bio halfway through.  Took forever to down that Archer!  I may make some adjustments to my Paladin so he can deal some non-Holy damage... may have to drop the Move-HP Up, though. :(

Round 2: Well, that was rather quick.  You definitely have range on your side, heh.  That Bolt 4 is definitely crazy!

Round 3: Same sort-of situation as Round 2.  I think I discovered the weak link, and will modify accordingly.  Your team is definitely the anti-IRPO.  GG to you, sir!

Quote from: Barren on June 14, 2012, 09:38:59 pm
Oh crap my bad zareb >_<

thanks for pointing it out to me

No problem!  I realize that I made a tonne of changes in a short while, so it's really not a big deal.

Barren

If anyone want to take over for me and do FFT Arena exhibition matches are welcome to do so. My mom suffered a head injury today and I need to step down for a while to watch over her

I like to thank everyone for tuning in to FFT Arena and been up to date on the videos I or anyone else has uploaded for you. Your feedback and time has been much appreciated. You can also thank FFMaster for making Arena 2 years ago. He's been doing all he can to make Arena a fun patch for everyone to get into. Hopefully at some point the new FFT Arena patch will be released and with the proposed changes in effect.

When things get better I'll be back in full swing with the videos and hope I continue to entertain you guys and girls the way I do for everyone on FFHacktics on a regular basis. Thank you all for your understanding and support. I will be back in action before you know it!

Otabo