• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:23:08 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Pokemon World 8.0

Started by FFMaster, January 06, 2012, 06:28:23 pm

FFMaster

Here is an update to an old map I used to work on. Unfortunately, the newest version I found was  a WIP of 7.3-7.4ish, so the features from 7.4 aren't implemented, such as new pokemon. However, I think it's worth losing those features temporarily for being able to use 6 Pokemon. If anyone wants to add/readd any features, I can do them given free time.

But for now, here is Pokemon World 8.0! Once you try out the new Pokemon Sending System, you will definitely love it over the old one. Trust me on this.

Link on epicwar.

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/194315/
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

bennyhaha

This map is simply amazing, but I would like to suggest a few ideas.
1. Have more types of pokemon (such as onix being rock and not normal type), although you might need to make the map bigger to host other new pokemon types
2. Maybe give us small hints as to what we can do with mysterious items that drop from killing pokemon (such as red orb or meteor etc.)
3. During the final fight, the cooldown for switching pokemon during battles should be a lot longer (since injured pokemon can slowly regenerate, therefore some annoying players spam that and just wait until the last second to take them out again)
4. I'm being greedy of course but you could add more pokemon we are able to catch in the beginning :)
There's also a small issue with the hotkeys issued for the trainer. the ensnare ability has the 'E' hotkey while taking out pokemon also has the same hotkey. Maybe assign a different hotkey for taking out each pokemon.

I'm a huge fan of pokemon world and would really like it if you could continue making more.