• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Luiakyn's(Omnir's) Sprites

Started by Luiakyn, March 19, 2014, 08:33:54 pm

Luiakyn

April 10, 2014, 11:26:50 pm #80 Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 11:35:55 pm by Luiakyn
If you have PSP 5, I'll upload the file. It'll be hard to see as a sheet, due to layers, but:

jimmyjw88

April 11, 2014, 12:23:24 am #82 Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 01:23:22 am by jimmyjw88
Great looking concept & nice worksheet! One thing about the Taurus's back; it looks like he has 3 arms.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Luiakyn

Your face looks like it has 3 arms!

Noted :P I was trying to imitate the back of a bull -- need to work on that.

Twinees

Its looking pretty tops so far Luiakyn. One thing I will mention is the position of his arms though. Perspective wise this seem a bit off and I've drawn on your WIP2 to show you what I mean. Everything generally follows the 2 pixels across, 1 pixel down rule (as you may already know about) for this perspective. And with the red lines I've drawn you can easily see how the original sprites follow that also so either his left arm should be moved back, moving his right arm forward quite a bit or moving his right arm down a few pixels. Anyway I made a quick edit to show you what I mean (moved his right arm down). Another thing probably to quickly mention is his horns also seem slightly different sizes. (Another thing to note is that you are using a different colour for the black </3 it should be either #282828 or another one which ive forgotten :P)

I just wanted to mention these things before you got any further through the sprite :P. Can't wait to see more :)
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

Quote from: Jack of All Trades on April 10, 2014, 04:59:20 pm
I would absolutely write you more content for FFT with the other Zodiacs. I would however need the sprites (Also, I'd want them to resemble their FFXII counterparts like the existing ones).

That's not really how it works man lol, unless you are a spriter, we work with what we are given,
as it is his concepts are amazing. On amother note, s prites don't need to be done to do script work,
nor to make events :P I can highly attest to that.

Luiakyn

April 11, 2014, 05:35:01 am #86 Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 05:49:09 am by Luiakyn
Quote from: Twinees on April 11, 2014, 04:56:17 am
*snip*

Excellent advice. That is definitely something I completely over looked like an idiot.

Small update -- Cancer concept. Thoughts? If you think I should scrap entire ideas, let me know, also. The palettes feel real off, so I'll be trying vanilla ones, soon.

3lric

Seushiro

Something looks weird with Duma's back like it got a lump. For the crab guy the arms is well done... I think proper red palettes from vanilla will help even it out and make the shiny crab armor more effective

3lric

Forgot to mention that new leviathan palette and fishing line fixes/additions look great!

Luiakyn

Quote from: Seushiro on April 11, 2014, 07:39:52 am
Something looks weird with Duma's back like it got a lump. For the crab guy the arms is well done... I think proper red palettes from vanilla will help even it out and make the shiny crab armor more effective

That's exactly what he has :P Should I remove it?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e3/Santa_Gertrudis_bull.JPG

And will do.

Quote from: Elric on April 11, 2014, 09:20:34 am
Forgot to mention that new leviathan palette and fishing line fixes/additions look great!

Awesome : D

Seushiro

I see what you are aiming for but the circular shape and the shine makes it like a giant wart like thingy. Shape it differently to help Also since his cloth has a bright red wanna try it for an evil eye? A single dot would do

Twinees

Alternatively to hide his back you could always give him a huge tuft of hair like a minotaur is generally depicted with:

Luiakyn

I like the turf idea. I'll try that.

Vanya

Cancer needs some more color. Some highlights to break up the monotony of all that read. Since the Cancer esper in FFXII is officially based on Zeromus why not use the more crab-like Zeromus EG as a reference?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Luiakyn

3lric

Quote from: Vanya on April 14, 2014, 04:54:26 pm
Cancer needs some more color. Some highlights to break up the monotony of all that read. Since the Cancer esper in FFXII is officially based on Zeromus why not use the more crab-like Zeromus EG as a reference?

But, but... crab people... :(

Seushiro

I agree with Elric keep the crabby man. I do not mind being spammes by skills of mobs if it would be the crabman... just got murdered in JOT5 by a bunch of turtles that spammed rocks and I was not happy... Let us just see where this original goes first.
Quote from: Elric on April 15, 2014, 05:04:44 am

:(

Vanya

It's worse! Being red that means it was boiled alive, so correction...

But, but... UNDEAD crab people... :(
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Luiakyn

I really haven't done much work, but small update: