• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:23:42 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

1.3's New Home

Started by Archael2, December 06, 2010, 05:05:09 pm

philsov

Your uninformed opinion is noted.

Quote from: "Arch"Deleting the previous channel was a screw you to Zodiac because things like it are what keeps his site alive and receiving traffic. Without contributions, the site would be.... a wasteland.

Yes.  He does want to see this site wither and die.  Meanwhile, he deletes our posts redirecting people to the new youtube channel, but then comes over here and links to his site?

No.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Alaris

Meh *Shrug* My opinion wasn't uninformed, simply mis-stated.

Arch said he didn't delete someone's comment sending them to the new Youtube account.  Yes, he overreacted by killing the previous channel, but everyone rages.  Even you Philsov.  It's human nature.

Regardless, just because you BELIEVE he deleted some post on a youtube channel, you've filtered out the link to his new website entirely? Kind of petty if you ask me.  Just saying.
  • Modding version: PSX

Episode 42 is out! Click above to watch!

philsov

I've kept his link in the locked topic :)

besides, he said he didn't recall deleting my comment.  I was signed in under a different account, which I'm pretty is a comment he does remember deleting.

edit:  yes, it's petty, but I can't stand hypocrites.  So... lesser of two evils imo.

edit2:  I'm not trying to draw lines -- it's the freaking internet and people are welcome to be members of both forums if they so desire.  But I will not support active linking specifically because of previous actions.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

FFMaster

No, he deleted it. He deleted Silvas' comment, why not delete philsov's as well? There are plenty of people who saw Silvas' comment, and now, it isn't there.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Archael2

Please.
This argument of "Arch deserved the ban because he deleted work AGAIN" is so flat out wrong it's not even funny, and serves as a nice excuse to get on a bandwagon because there is nothing better going on around here anymore.

1) I deleted >MY< Youtube channel AFTER Zodiac banned me on BULLSHIT grounds. (If you don't know what those are, read my locked topic)

2) I didn't go into anyone's accounts or forum and delete your work. I deleted something which I started to begin with. You all had ample opportunity to start a tournament channel, but no one did, so I decided to help. You all (tourney hosts) knew exactly what you were agreeing to when I gave you the password to >MY< account. I deleted MY YT channel which I ALLOWED you all to post videos in. And I did it AFTER I got banned unreasonably, NOT before. I could have just let you all run the show and give you Zero support from my main channel. (about 200 of the subs you had were mine from Voldemort7).

3) Emphasis: I deleted it AFTER I got banned unreasonable, for a BS reason.

4) Zodiac should have known better than to ban the owner of the Tournament channel for no good reason - knowing there would be a backlash. And it's for the best, because my subscribers were complaining that the channel >I< told them to sub to sucks anyway, and that the commentary was a disappointment. And to be honest I agree with them. I don't even watch S4 anymore, it's gotten boring, unenthusiastic, and it's dragging. Be happy I encouraged Otabo (a REAL commentator, btw) to help - otherwise it'd be worse than it already is. That said, I will be EXTREMELY surprised if Kokojo finishes the tourney, because now I feel his frustration of living under an admin who projects his / her personal insecurities and issues unto his community, and it's really sad and discouraging. I don't blame Kokojo at all for his loss of interest in this site. Or anyone else, for that matter.

5) Here's a rant I wrote on the FFTA forums which all of you, regardless of your dumb band-wagon trend-of-the-week-on-Chat hate for me will agree with:

Quote@ Dome: Everyone knows that the general sentiment at FFH is fear of calling Zodiac (or any other TG) something he / she / it / they might get displeased with and cause an uproar.

That is a STUPID reason to ban people on any gaming site and is no way to run a community. I disagree with Jon being banned from FFH BOTH times (and I KNOW that you agree that they were incredibly stupid reasons). If you are a TG and you decide to be female, fine. But don't punish people for not keeping tabs on YOUR gender-flavor of the month, your mood swings, or your identity crisis. If you want to transition to a new gender it is YOUR problem. And OTHER PEOPLE (even if they are your members) have nothing to do with it, and it is no excuse to ban or moderate them.

That said, Dome, I never thought you were a troll, what I think is that you contribute in the wrong way. (Too much spam, jokes, and mindless posting instead of stuff that helps a community grow). You are welcome to join ID but you are expected to contribute and follow the *stated* rules, in return, you will never be banned for random reasons related to a mod's estrogen imbalance.

Regarding Jon: I already spoke with Jon, and apart from ONE little argument about religion, I have never had any problems with Jon. People just assumed that because Zodiac flipped and banned him around the same time that the argument was taking place.

Open your eyes.

A mod banning people because of HIS own identity issues is irresponsible and everyone at FFH has a right to be angry at Zodiac, Xyphanie, or whatever the fuck it's name is now or next month. Who gives a shit about your personal problems Zodiac, keep them out of the community, because it's not our problem, it's yours. IIt has nothing at all to do with Tactics, Gaming, or any of the reasons people come to these sites. Zodiac should ban himself for off-topic trolling with issues no one gives a shit about.

A common counter argument is:
"But it's a transgender! We have to be sensitive to their feelings!"
Yeah, that's fine. But what about EVERYONE ELSE'S feelings? What about the people who get banned because they don't happen to KNOW the site's particular admin or mod is a transgender and call him he / she incorrectly?

If you ban people because they called you the wrong gender and you are too sensitive to deal with it, you are the one who is insecure, and you are the one who has a problem dealing with your true identity. In other words, the person in the wrong is you, not the member who was never out to case any harm.Members shouldn't have to participate in a constant state of paranoia over slipping and calling someone the "he" instead of "she". And if they do, it's really not a big deal, get over it.

That said, I am glad I'm no longer putting any more of my energy / time into that social butterfly attention whore of a community.

/ Rant over

FFMaster

Archael2

Yeah, post your memes. It won't make you agree with me any less, even though you don't like it.

The truth is a powerful thing isn't it?

FFMaster

Yeah, the truth is pretty strong. You ARE a 12 year old boy, I don't have to think of you as one anymore.

Archael2

December 08, 2010, 09:32:38 pm #29 Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 09:36:56 pm by Archael2
Oh no I got called a 12 year old! Nice one, FFM.

That will surely discredit the entire post I just wrote.

When the best you can muster is to call me a 12 year old boy (even though you know for a fact that I'm much older than that through pics and Facebook profiles), and posting forced memes, I already know you agree with me deep down inside but hate the fact that you do.

It's entertaining to watch, but a little sad, because I know the only reason you're doing it is because you feel like you have to take sides. When we both know if Zodiac happened to vent his TG issues on you, you'd be singing a different tune and would be in 10,000% agreement with everything I wrote.

You are full of hot air.

FFMaster

Agree with what? I agree completely with you getting banned, if that is what you mean.

Archael2

You agree with me getting banned because I had an argument with Hana?

Because that's what I was banned for, btw.

In case you didn't read my post, and in case you still haven't realized, I will repeat it for you again here:

I did not get banned for deleting anything. I just logged in one day and was banned.

FFMaster

Then you will get banned for deleting stuff, tomorrow.

Archael2

That's not what I asked.

Like I said, full of hot air.

FFMaster

And also for ban evading. That's pretty standard in forums.

Humans are full of hot air, since they are exothermic.

Archael2

I asked you if you agreed to the reasons I was banned originally, FFM.

Stop playing dumb and answer the question.

Because I deleted the yt channel AFTER I got banned for those BS reasons.

Do you agree with me getting banned because I had an argument with Hana?

Do you agree with people getting banned because they happen to call someone a "he" instead of a "she", even though they might not even be aware that they are making a misake?

Do you agree with other people getting banned in the future because of reasons like that?

FFMaster

Yes. No. Yes. Harassment and abuse is against the law, at least here.

For someone who didn't care for FFH anymore, you seem to be trying your hardest to sway people who won't be swayed. So kindly fuck off back to your e-peen site. I might put up 20 replays there for you to show off if I become a narcissist.

Archael2

There is no laws here, just who the admin feels like banning, for whatever reason the admin feels like banning at that particular time. The law here is zodiac's current mood.

And if you are actually saying "YES" to the first question - People getting banned because they got into an ARGUMENT with another member, then I seriously don't know what to tell you.

You can't actually believe that. And if you do, I think you've gotten too used to this place, in a bad way.

EDIT: You sound pretty swayed, at this point you're just typing out bad reasoned replies in order to seem like you're on the side of whoever admins FFH.

Pride

QuoteDo you agree with me getting banned because I had an argument with Hana?
An argument is not what you had with Hana, much more of an attack since even after she asked you to stop talking, you continued on. The temporary ban was more then justified.

QuoteDo you agree with people getting banned because they happen to call someone a "he" instead of a "she", even though they might not even be aware that they are making a misake?

This hasn't happened. Calling someone "It" is not the same has calling a transgender he or she on accident.

QuoteDo you agree with other people getting banned in the future because of reasons like that?
Yes.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Archael2

Someone making their point on chat is not harassment. Seriously, what.

If I ask you to stop talking because I don't like what you're saying, and you don't, on an IRC chat, it's "HARASSMENT", or "AN ATTACK"?

Spare me.

If you won't be swayed at this point is because of voluntary blindness.