• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:24:21 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFTA : Mission Item Fix 1.0a

Started by rrs_kai, November 23, 2014, 05:32:31 am

bcrobert

Quote from: Darthatron on December 21, 2014, 06:09:00 am
Well the way that Mission Items are stored is inefficient and could be halved. So we could boost the limit to 128 very easily if that would be better?

I'm with rrs_kai. Doubling the limit sounds fantastic, considering the hellishly limited space that vanilla gives us. Between mission items and law cards, I often put off missions just because :effort:
My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.

Angry Potato

Good day!

Just finished playing this hack. A little report following.

Mission Items at the end of the game are as follows:

• Adamantite - from world building, don't exactly know where. Somewhere at the start of the game, really.

• Telaq Flower - from world building, don't exactly know where. After placing Nargai Cave.

• Topaz Armring - "S.O.S." mission.

• Jerky x2 - after placing Tubola Cave and after placing Siena Gorge.

• Blue Rose - "Desert Rose" mission. Didn't gave it to Ritz. =(

• Esteroth - "Moogle Bride" mission.

• Ally Finder - from some of the mission. Can't tell from which one, unfortunately.

• Ally Finder2 x2 - "Darn Kids" mission and "Missing Meow" mission.

• Insignia x2 - "Worthy Eye" mission and "Alchemist Boy" mission.

• Wyrmstone - should be there certainly.

• The Hero Gaol - should be there certainly.

• Elda's Cup - should be there certainly.

• Snake Shield - should be there certainly.

I could have gotten a Chocobo Hide from "Smuggle Bust" mission and Tiger Hide from "Poachers" mission too.
I've built a "Perfect Ivalice", in case this matters.
If you need screenshots regarding aforementioned mission items please, let me know.

Comparing to this list (http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/560436-final-fantasy-tactics-advance/faqs/25659), I got all equipment and even more! =)

All in all it was a pleasure playing this through, I got to see the judge mission for the first time out of three playthroughs. =)
Thank you very much!

rrs_kai

January 04, 2015, 08:51:53 am #22 Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 12:17:21 pm by rrs_kai
Quote from: Angry Potato on January 03, 2015, 03:06:15 pm
Good day!

Just finished playing this hack. A little report following.

Mission Items at the end of the game are as follows:

• Adamantite - from world building, don't exactly know where. Somewhere at the start of the game, really.

• Telaq Flower - from world building, don't exactly know where. After placing Nargai Cave.

• Topaz Armring - "S.O.S." mission.

• Jerky x2 - after placing Tubola Cave and after placing Siena Gorge.

• Blue Rose - "Desert Rose" mission. Didn't gave it to Ritz. =(

• Esteroth - "Moogle Bride" mission.

• Ally Finder - from some of the mission. Can't tell from which one, unfortunately.

• Ally Finder2 x2 - "Darn Kids" mission and "Missing Meow" mission.

• Insignia x2 - "Worthy Eye" mission and "Alchemist Boy" mission.

• Wyrmstone - should be there certainly.

• The Hero Gaol - should be there certainly.

• Elda's Cup - should be there certainly.

• Snake Shield - should be there certainly.

I could have gotten a Chocobo Hide from "Smuggle Bust" mission and Tiger Hide from "Poachers" mission too.
I've built a "Perfect Ivalice", in case this matters.
If you need screenshots regarding aforementioned mission items please, let me know.

Comparing to this list (http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/560436-final-fantasy-tactics-advance/faqs/25659), I got all equipment and even more! =)

All in all it was a pleasure playing this through, I got to see the judge mission for the first time out of three playthroughs. =)
Thank you very much!

What a coincidence, I am releasing an update today.
Thank you for your time, interest and that list :D

I wanted to see if I missed anything and I did, I intended to have insigniax2 and only one allyfinder2. I think I fixed it in this update. The adamantite, teleq flower, and jerky were obtained as treasure hunts and not mission rewards because I did not change them.
I dont want to do anything about the chocobo hide and tiger hide as they are optional (I don't know how it can be changed either), clearing the mission without the battle is reward enough.

Can you check your inventory and tell me how many Madu(the rapier that teaches doublecast) you have, because I haven't added that anywhere.
Thank you for playing this hack.

Update version 3.0

-Story battles reward less gold and more AP.
-Story battles reward quest items which can be used to access optional missions with rare equipment.
-Totema battles reward ultima equipment, secret characters recruiting items and the secret characters themselves.
-Every mission gives two rewards.
-Help:Area missions also give two rewards and slighly more AP.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Angry Potato

Quote from: rrs_kai on January 04, 2015, 08:51:53 am
Can you check your inventory and tell me how many Madu(the rapier that teaches doublecast) you have, because I haven't added that anywhere.

There are 3 of them in my save file just before the final judge mission. There was one for clan level up reward in vanilla, so I think at least 1 should be obtainable.

rrs_kai

Quote from: Angry Potato on January 04, 2015, 12:40:53 pm
There are 3 of them in my save file just before the final judge mission. There was one for clan level up reward in vanilla, so I think at least 1 should be obtainable.

That's good to know. I'll leave it as is for now.

3lric

(First time posting in this section I think :O)

rrs_kai, I just wanted to say thank you for this. I am using this patch along with Eternal's Anarchy hack to remove the laws.

The game is actually playable for me now. I am able to actually enjoy it a bit, which isn't something I thought I'd ever say.

Good job man.
  • Modding version: PSX

rrs_kai

August 08, 2015, 03:13:18 pm #26 Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 01:54:01 am by rrs_kai
Quote from: Elric on January 07, 2015, 07:11:19 pm

rrs_kai, I just wanted to say thank you for this. I am using this patch along with Eternal's Anarchy hack to remove the laws.

The game is actually playable for me now. I am able to actually enjoy it a bit, which isn't something I thought I'd ever say.

Good job man.

Thank you :)

Minor update V3.1
Corrected the AP rewards for missions Pale Company (from 1600 to 160) and Frosty Mage (from 400 to 40).

scorcher9009

Now, when you say that the Secret Characters are 100% recruitable, what exactly do you mean by that? Does that mean that you can get them without having to beat that game? Because I always found that really stupid that you had to beat the game to get characters like Ritz.

bcrobert

Quote from: scorcher9009 on November 27, 2015, 05:54:59 am
Now, when you say that the Secret Characters are 100% recruitable, what exactly do you mean by that? Does that mean that you can get them without having to beat that game? Because I always found that really stupid that you had to beat the game to get characters like Ritz.

No. That would require a lot of effort and isn't worth it. I'm pretty sure he means that characters like Eldena, Lini, Littlevilli, Quin, Cheney, Pallanza will always join when the condition is met instead of there being a 20% chance. Which makes certain characters permanently missable.
My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.

Dough Chew

Hey rrs_kai, I've been playing with your patch for about a week now and I'm enjoying it. Thanks for all the time and hard work you put into it. I had a 220+ mission game I had to abandon because I threw out a Black Thread.  I was looking for a patch that didn't change the vanilla game too much; I just wanted to finish the thing without worrying about dead ending myself again. So you can imagine the relief I felt using this patch.

I have one problem I'm running into: I'm trying to recruit Lini (semi-secret character.) I've done about 3-4 dispatch missions with the Hero Gaol as a mission item and Lini hasn't shown up. I've tried after the Famfrit battle (when the patched game gives it out) and after Oasis Frogs (when the vanilla game gives it out.) No luck so far. I've also tried saving and reloading the game state a bunch of times, and that hasn't worked either.

Any chance you could help me figure out what's going on? Please forgive the dredging up of a super-old thread.

rrs_kai

Quote from: Dough Chew on April 03, 2016, 04:02:41 pm
I have one problem I'm running into: I'm trying to recruit Lini (semi-secret character.) I've done about 3-4 dispatch missions with the Hero Gaol as a mission item and Lini hasn't shown up. I've tried after the Famfrit battle (when the patched game gives it out) and after Oasis Frogs (when the vanilla game gives it out.) No luck so far. I've also tried saving and reloading the game state a bunch of times, and that hasn't worked either.

I apologize for this inconvenience. I am also stuck at the same problem.

I was changing the recruit rates and in the nightmare editor and thought it would help...and alas! they are no longer triggering the recruit at all. I tried to change the settings back to vanilla levels and it still wouldn't work.

I found a way to make them semi-generics (Lini, Eldena..etc) 100% recruit-able. Problem is they come with their special abilities but their names are randomized.

Chronosplit

Quote from: rrs_kai on May 01, 2016, 02:27:10 am
I apologize for this inconvenience. I am also stuck at the same problem.

I was changing the recruit rates and in the nightmare editor and thought it would help...and alas! they are no longer triggering the recruit at all. I tried to change the settings back to vanilla levels and it still wouldn't work.

I found a way to make them semi-generics (Lini, Eldena..etc) 100% recruit-able. Problem is they come with their special abilities but their names are randomized.

To be perfectly honest I'd be fine with this.  I can see why some would be against it however.  Perhaps a compromise: one with the vanilla semi-secret character recruitment reverted, and one with the 100% rate.
  • Modding version: PSX

rrs_kai

Quote from: Chronosplit on June 12, 2016, 08:06:31 pm
To be perfectly honest I'd be fine with this.  I can see why some would be against it however.  Perhaps a compromise: one with the vanilla semi-secret character recruitment reverted, and one with the 100% rate.

This.

Updated.
Semi-generic characters come with randomized names and can be recruited multiple times, Quinn can be recruited in Mythril Rush. I couldn't recruit Eldena though.

psalmsamuel

Quote from: Elric on January 07, 2015, 07:11:19 pm

Good job man.

If you like dealing with small teams most of the time like me, mostly under 4 or 3, then one piece of banned equipment or spell in a mod for a class can totally break the game, versus vanilla.  By far this is the best mod of FFTA for me, actually, second best, the best mod is the Anarchy Patch which removes the rules (I guess rules were used to supplement poor AI in the first place, until your forced to play with classes you don't care about, then 5 hours into the game, your all finished)................("FFTA AIO Editor 0.7.5" ................. this tool still works with some of the other mods if they take the time to list what they removed from the game, then you can simply add it back, especially if its a game breaker,  I just really don't think the game is super easy as is, versus, repetitive and dull).

rrs_kai

I have removed the file and am requesting the moderators to un-sticky this topic and also FFTA:Extend.
I had some fun, learned a few things, and its time to say good bye :).
Thank-you all.

Eternal

Hey guys! Apologies for the necropost, but it looks like the original post no longer has the attachment. For those wanting just the Item Fix patch, it's attached to this post.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

rrs_kai

Quote from: Eternal on July 14, 2018, 07:51:33 pm
Hey guys! Apologies for the necropost, but it looks like the original post no longer has the attachment. For those wanting just the Item Fix patch, it's attached to this post.

Thank you Eternal.

Update:
-Redone from scratch.
-Changed name to Mission Item Fix.
-Fixed treasure hunts.
-Added a Thundrake and a Goblin.
-Only added Quin to the mission Mythril Rush

rrs_kai

17th December 2018 - 1.0a
-Fixed "Desert Rose" giving two Blue Roses (player only has use for one-exchange for Almighty)
-Added back Cyril Ice to "Malboro hunt" (player can exchange it for one more Ice prism)
-Fixed "You Immortal" giving two Stradivari (now it gives random equipment)
-Fixed "Clan Law" giving two Master Braves (now it gives random equipment)

darkskyx

December 19, 2020, 10:23:23 pm #38 Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 08:01:25 pm by darkskyx
I need this patch for the EUR ISO, it would be good. Or it can be used in that one?
  • Modding version: WotL

✪ Emergence 2 for PSP (EN/ES) - Play it now! ✪
A vanilla+ experience for PSP. Actual patch: 1.0+. More fixes in v1.1!
  • Discord username: darkskyx#9825

Junninx

Can you please add the ultimate quality of life mod?: enemies level scale. This mod is the more atractive to those who want the original experience, the scale level thing would Just stop it from being too easy.