• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:17:45 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Izlude

Started by DaftOtter, December 15, 2009, 10:48:16 pm

DaftOtter

December 15, 2009, 10:48:16 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by DaftOtter
Did anyone else like him?

He was my favorite character, despite how little of a role he had in the game.
Q: What is the difference between a picture of Jesus, and the actual Jesus?

A: It takes only one nail to hang the picture.

Dormin Jake

December 16, 2009, 12:14:56 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
Lots of people like Izlude.  I'm not really big into him though, precisely because he is such a minor character.  His blind devotion to his father's cause when you first meet him is annoying and frustrating to me.  I loved his omg spoilers death scene, but that's all there really is to the character to me.  His sister is the one I find more interesting, because she gets the development he likely would have gotten had he not been omg spoilers crushed to a pulp by his omg spoilers father.

I can't identify with the little fella, having not been omg spoilers crushed myself.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

LastingDawn

December 16, 2009, 12:41:09 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Izlude is, in a way, a foil to Ramza, he and Ramza are very much alike. He tries many of the same tactics Ramza does, in order to quit the fighting and have the two see eye to eye. Though as it would be this time, I think that Izlude might have hit a nerve when he mentioned Delita having joined them, ruining any real chance of that. So instead, he continued to rail against Ramza until he was defeated.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Kaijyuu

December 16, 2009, 12:49:34 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
He's got a pretty cool name, seems an alright guy, and is sort of a martyr.

My only complaint is his sprite: why does he look so mean/angry there, but normal in the portrait? Always bugged me.
  • Modding version: PSX

Dormin Jake

December 16, 2009, 01:15:34 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
Well, one thing I will say that I like about Izlude: he showed concern/compassion for Wiegraf as he lay coughing up blood at Orbonne.  Humanized the temple knights for me.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

Atsuro

December 17, 2009, 07:51:15 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Atsuro
I thought his name was fairly awesome, but he left little of an impression on me I am afraid.