• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:37:48 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Event Compiler Error

Started by suekru, December 13, 2014, 05:05:51 am

suekru

December 13, 2014, 05:05:51 am Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 05:18:07 am by suekru
First off I want to apologize to Xifanie, She knows why and I'm sorry.
For the question though was in regards to one of my other questions about changing ramza's gender, Well I decompiled the event stuff and changed the all the "his, him, brother, son, and man" all to the female equivalent that was referring to ramza. Anyway I think I got them all anyway, I was trying to re-compile the events and I get the error in the screen shot, I know that its referring to hex offsets but how do I do this? I apologize its the first time I used the compile/decompilers and looks around and couldn't find anything. Any help would be amazing!

Jumza

This is, in fact, not an error! It's just telling you that the new stuff was written to the file (TEST still needs to be imported, it doesn't write directly to the iso) in those places. Basically you were totally successful in making those changes :P
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

suekru

I assumed it was wrote to the test.evt or to the attack.out but I didn't know cause once a box came up saying to compile and I clicked it and I believe this came up also, but the other time it just went straight to this. So should I be able to just import these to the .iso or? I was so tired when doing this I feel stupid now xD

3lric

The compiler writes your event.txt into the TEST.EVT at the offset specified. You can disable the popup in the config.ini, however you then won't know when you have an error.

Once your TEST.EVT has been successfully compiled too (check the time stamp to be sure) you can import it into the ISO in the Event folder,
overwrite the TEST.EVT located there and your edited event should appear in game.

suekru

okay I edited the PSX Events file cause I edited all events that referred to ramza as him or son or brother, I can only see the first tutorial event with ovelia getting kidnapped in the normal event file. so how would I go about doing this?

3lric

You don't edit the PSXevents.txt

You edit them as individual events. What you import is event.txt files, which is each event, one at a time.

suekru

Okay so do I replace the event that is in the even.txt with the event I'm editing? Sorry for the trouble >.<

Jumza

You do :) just copy / paste the edited event into event.txt (delete this files contents first), compile it, then repeat until you've compiled all of your changes.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

correct, you cant just make a file named event.txt and put your event into there to compile and then rename it whatever you want for safe keeping.

suekru

Thanks, thats probably what I'll do, and I tested it on the first event and worked so now I just need to others Thanks for all the support c: I'd be lost without you guys! :p