• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:42:09 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Backwards arrows

Started by RandMuadDib, February 28, 2011, 02:57:16 am

RandMuadDib

Okay so i'm trying to build an arrow storm or bulletstorm ability that performs a random-fire within an area and acts like a song or dance (i.e. goes off repeatedly throughout the battle). I've got most of the mechanics worked out (random fire, range 5 radius 2, weapon strike, persevere, etc) but i have one problem. When i use the bow, the arrow's trajectory is backwards. As in, comes from the opposite side of the target from the attacker. Any ideas?

The target panel in this screenshot is the panel directly to the right of the corpse.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Celdia

I've got almost this exact same skill for the last class to go into my patch. If there's a way to fix that arrow, I can't find it. I'm just taking the glitch as-is and not worrying about it too much. Yes, it looks silly, but if you do manage to catch a few units in the AoE its less noticeable while the animation is triggering.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

RandMuadDib

Fair enough. I was thinking about doing a 1 shot with a short CT for arrow storm and then a few shots with a longer CT with bullet storm. That's why its super noticeable for me right now.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!