• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:31:59 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Chocokin Job (ChawCawBaw!!!!)

Started by Archael, February 08, 2009, 02:42:55 pm

Archael

February 08, 2009, 02:42:55 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Original sprite idea by digitaldragoon

Female:

Male:

Weak HP
Weak PA
Good MA
Good SP
Good Move / Jump
Weak but useful skillset

Are they people in chocobo skin costumes, or are they humans that have bred with chocobos? No one is sure, but the Chocokin is something we will discuss here in this thread.

They mingle with monsters, not just Chocobos.

Digitaldragoon's joke sprite turned out to be a pretty sweet idea for a new unit.

Think of them as a Chocobo Knight from FFTA2, except their entire skillset will be based on Monster / Chawcawbaw related things.

dwib

February 08, 2009, 03:14:08 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
what will these equip?? o_O

Archael

February 08, 2009, 03:25:28 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
we don't know yet

AngrySurprisedFace

February 08, 2009, 03:40:30 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by AngrySurprisedFace
I want one.

Seriously.

They look amazing, and they seem to be balanced (weak HP, PA, good move/jump, etc.)

Skills?

I think they should have something like a ranged Choco Cure.

OMG THEIR SKILL SET COULD BE CALLED "Wark"!

...Back to skills,

Choco Cure?

Formula: Heal_F(MA*Y) with Y=14. (Same as Cure)
Effect Area: 1
Range: 3
Vertical: 1
CT: ?? (3 or 4?)
MP cost: 16
Inflict Status: Regen (22)

This is essentially the same as Cure 1 for priests, except it adds the effect of Regen.

Choco Feather?

Formula: HIT_F(MA+X)% X=180 (Same as Haste)
Effect Area: 0
Vertical: 0
CT: 0
MP cost: 8
Inflict Status: Haste (2A)

Quicker version of Haste, with the possible visual effect of Phoenix Down?

Choco Wall?

Formula: HIT_F(MA+X)% X=255 (Same as Wall)
CT: 2
MP cost: 22
Inflict Status: Protect and Shell (24)

I think it's the exact same as Wall? Maybe quicker, more mana efficiant.

Choco Surprise?

Formula: Dmg_(PA*(WP+Y)) 100% Status Y=0 (Same as Holy Explosion)
Range: 4
CT: 1
MP cost: 18
Inflict Status: Confusion (79)

Couldn't think of a more original name. I gave the Holy Explosion(and every other sword skill formula, I think) formula simply because I don't think it should be used as a damage dealer, but more so for the confusion, and you said they had weak PA.

--

That's it for my ideas. Not increadibly original. But I hope they're maybe taken into consideration.

X_x

Archael

February 08, 2009, 03:52:12 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
those are some pretty broad generalized spells

none of them are bad ideas, but it's stuff other jobs can do

we should come up with a theme for them...

they should definitely be able to charm

I mean look at them

Effephoenix

February 08, 2009, 04:03:41 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Effephoenix
I don't think they should use any weapons. Instead have them rely on their skills and other units, or something. Armor & Weaponless.

Archael

February 08, 2009, 04:04:14 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
yeah that could work

AngrySurprisedFace

February 08, 2009, 04:28:45 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by AngrySurprisedFace
Just an idea...

What if they worked sort of like that one class from the Game Boy version of this? Like they'd turn into a chocobo and do the skills?

D;

Archael

February 08, 2009, 04:46:04 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
meh I don't think that's possible currently afaik afkekfkk afk

anyway, why? that sprite is badass

and there will be chawcawbaws around in this mod anyway

boomkick

February 08, 2009, 09:38:11 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
They should have Monster Talk and Invite (monsters) abilities eh?

I totally support the skillset name "Wark"

Instead of Choco Cure, it should be called Chawcaw Heal :).

Scream!- Deals damage in a straight line (3 panels).

Soothing Voice- Either Charms the target OR Sleeps them.

Cry Out- Low chance of Haste on all allied monsters on the battlefield.

Waark!- Puts transparency (low chance) on all allied monsters on the battlefield.

Chawcaw Fist- Deals 60% on a monster's HP in damage.

Invitation- Either invites the target monster or enrages them (Invite or Berserk).

Wark...- Adds PA or MA to a target monster, moderate chance.

Yell!- Deals damage and tries to inflict Don't Act in an area around him.

VincentCraven

February 08, 2009, 09:45:41 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
You should replace all Reis's Dragon-aiding skills with Chocobo-aiding skills.

Like Chocobo Level Up

and stuffs
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

DarthPaul

February 08, 2009, 09:56:49 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Ooooowhaaaaaat?!
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

PX_Timefordeath

February 08, 2009, 10:37:17 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Invintation too OP

boomkick

February 08, 2009, 10:48:41 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
It only effects Monsters.

LastingDawn

February 09, 2009, 07:16:51 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
"Only effecting Monsters" is a large troublespot, once we consider these are a primary class, (replacing Mediator), Not to mention the formulas that do that are few, and it will belong to another class, (Dragoons and Scryers in essence) They are only harmful... with monsters being allies in only a Couple of Sub-Missions, that would see some of the skillset fall by the wayside for most normal fights.

Quote from: "dwib"what will these equip?? o_O
I think Shoes would be very fitting, and that's it. After all they are supposed to resemble a monster. In the sprite preview of them, the only recognizable piece of equipment we see them wearing are what looks to be Boots and Shoes. So that would work out quite nicely, what do you fellows think?

Quote from: "AngrySurprisedFace"I want one.

Seriously.

They look amazing, and they seem to be balanced (weak HP, PA, good move/jump, etc.)

Skills?

I think they should have something like a ranged Choco Cure.

OMG THEIR SKILL SET COULD BE CALLED "Wark"!

...Back to skills,

Wark!! Eh? Short, fitting... and to the point, Wark!! it is!

QuoteChoco Cure?

Formula: Heal_F(MA*Y) with Y=14. (Same as Cure)
Effect Area: 1
CT: ?? (3 or 4?)
MP cost: 16
Inflict Status: Regen (22)

This is essentially the same as Cure 1 for priests, except it adds the effect of Regen.

With Priests cannibalized there is no such thing as Cure 1, this in a way... can fill the void. Also the Regen (25% but still...) is a pretty nice touch.

Choco Feather?

Formula: HIT_F(MA+X)% X=180 (Same as Haste)
Vertical: 0
CT: 0
MP cost: 8
Inflict Status: Haste (2A)

Quicker version of Haste, with the possible visual effect of Phoenix Down?[/quote]

Time Mages were devoured for Warder, a long time ago. There is currently nothing which casts Haste on a unit. Yet this seems so fitting... and I have the perfect animation for it!

Choco Wall?

Formula: HIT_F(MA+X)% X=255 (Same as Wall)
CT: 2
MP cost: 22
Inflict Status: Protect and Shell (24)

I think it's the exact same as Wall? Maybe quicker, more mana efficiant.
QuoteAh, this is a bit of a problem... the Scryer's have inherited Wall from the defunct White Mage, in the form of the Wall Rune.  So perhaps something else?

Choco Surprise?

Formula: Dmg_(PA*(WP+Y)) 100% Status Y=0 (Same as Holy Explosion)
Range: 4
CT: 1
MP cost: 18
Inflict Status: Confusion (79)

Couldn't think of a more original name. I gave the Holy Explosion(and every other sword skill formula, I think) formula simply because I don't think it should be used as a damage dealer, but more so for the confusion, and you said they had weak PA.

Weak PA alone yes, but keep in mind, it can easily be put as a secondary. PA * 14 + Y is quite a bit... for instance. Perhaps if it just confuses?

Quote--

That's it for my ideas. Not increadibly original. But I hope they're maybe taken into consideration.

X_x

They were pretty good ideas, while a bit general, the White Mage lost it's pure support role and is something else entirely by this point, losing a number of buffs.

Quote from: "Effephoenix"I don't think they should use any weapons. Instead have them rely on their skills and other units, or something. Armor & Weaponless.

My thoughts on this situation is exactly that.

Quote from: "boomkick"They should have Monster Talk and Invite (monsters) abilities eh?

I totally support the skillset name "Wark"

Instead of Choco Cure, it should be called Chawcaw Heal :).

Invite no longer exists in any shape or form. The game's basic design hasn't changed. The only three in your "party" still consists of Rad, Ramza, and Hedin.

QuoteScream!- Deals damage in a straight line (3 panels).

There are a few damage formulas, which did you have in mind?

QuoteSoothing Voice- Either Charms the target OR Sleeps them.

Charm and Sleep are both absurdly powerful status. I'm not very comfortable with either, or. Unless it's MP cost is relatively high and if it's not incredibly accurate. Also I don't think the name fits it very well...

QuoteCry Out- Low chance of Haste on all allied monsters on the battlefield.

Interesting... but that monster bit makes it really only useful as an enemy ability.Even if not so, it would resemble Roulette too much.

QuoteWaark!- Puts transparency (low chance) on all allied monsters on the battlefield.

This I can see being an ability, though it would be all units, not just monsters.

QuoteChawcaw Fist- Deals 60% on a monster's HP in damage.
While interesting... currently impossible. Even if done to all units 60% of Life is even more then Demo 2 had.

QuoteInvitation- Either invites the target monster or enrages them (Invite or Berserk).
An impossibility, not to mention Invite's nonexistent status in Mercenaries.

Quoteb]Wark...[/b]- Adds PA or MA to a target monster, moderate chance.
Not a distinct possibility....

QuoteYell!- Deals damage and tries to inflict Don't Act in an area around him.
Don't Act is another very powerful status, Yell is also a bit... overused by this point, hard to see why that would cause Don't Act. Don't Move... could work though. As well for Damage, which formula?
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

boomkick

February 09, 2009, 07:44:50 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Scream would be have an Earth Slash like targeting.

Well, yell could be changed to Intimidate or some tactics with the voice that shouts fear into the opponent. The damage should be based off of Pa and brave (forgot what the formula exactly was)

Chawcaw fist's percentage was just an example, so if that was included it can do any % you want. Its just a base idea.

Cry Out could be a chance to haste himself, maybe?

I just had an idea that would be wierd, is it possible to have him be able to use Choco Ball/Meteor, since he base doff a "Chawcawbaw" afterall.

Archael

February 09, 2009, 07:58:41 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
no godamn earth slash targeting

why do ppl love that targering

NO!!!!!

PX_Timefordeath

February 09, 2009, 08:03:34 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Quote from: "Voldemort"no godamn earth slash targeting

NO!!!!!

able to hit 7 units

Archael

February 09, 2009, 08:04:37 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "PX_Timefordeath"
Quote from: "Voldemort"no godamn earth slash targeting

NO!!!!!

able to hit 7 units

I meant line-type targeting

it's over-done to hell

LastingDawn

February 09, 2009, 08:07:05 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
I have to admit... it is a bit overdone by this point, many abilities have it already.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!