• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Artifacts, Treasures and their new role.

Started by LastingDawn, November 16, 2008, 12:02:32 am

LastingDawn

November 16, 2008, 12:02:32 am Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 11:51:06 am by LastingDawn
Alright, I would like a few new ideas for weapons and the like, and the effects planned for the Treasures, keep in mind, treasures are not end all - be all weapons, but they are weapons and items that maintain their use as the game continues on.

The treasures are...

Four God's Set (Shield)*
Madlemgen (Weapon)
Demon Slice (Weapon)
Tobacco Pipe (Weapon)*
Zeni-Sword(Weapon)*
Bartz's Crystal (Accessory)
Malice Mask (Helmet)*
Parade Helmet (Helmet...)*
Kid's Bread (replaced for Hades Helm)*
Adult's Bread (replaced for Blood Sword)*
Calbrena (Clothes)*
Doctor Lugae (Clothes)*
Red Materia (Accessory)
Blue Materia (Accessory)
Black Materia (Accessory)
White Materia (Accessory)
Rat Tail (Weapon)*
M-Fiction Novel (Reading Book)
Diary of Nanai (Reading Book)
Wyuvle (Reading Book)
Book of Enavia (Reading Book)
Rubicante's Cloak (Mantle)*
Engineer's Gun (Weapon)
Magi - Sword (Weapon)
Orb of Minwu (Weapon)*
Tarot of Ben (Weapon)*
Excalipoor (Weapon)*
Parasite Tree (Armor)*
Longibunne Spear (Weapon)*
Gran Grimoire (...?)
Band of Abilities (Accessory)
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Archael

November 16, 2008, 12:07:25 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Chocobo Cannon should be a Gun
M-Machine Gun should be a weak multi-hit gun or Crossbow
Rat Tail can be an Accessory

What is Calcobrena?

Four God's Set .. what is it?

Btw we need more of them to function as Armor / Shield / Helmets

way too many weps / accs

Disco_Peach

November 16, 2008, 12:10:27 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Disco_Peach
How do you even use the treasures as items? I thought they were just for show...

Archael

November 16, 2008, 12:12:19 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
he's making items for them

equippable items

LastingDawn

November 16, 2008, 12:36:14 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
I 100% agree, Voldemort... but which of those can really be called Hats or Armor?

Art of War

The Damned

November 16, 2008, 12:55:33 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Ah, this thread reminds me of how stupid I am for not knowing how to backup things three years ago (and still not backing them up)  since I had developed these items out for HOI before my previous desktop computer decided to "self-destruct"/stop working entirely. That was fun.

Anyway, I'll post the descriptions of the Treasure from the Game Script since people probably don't know them offhand. I'll try and remember some of the ideas I had and post them before I go to bed tonight:

============
                           Treasure
                         ============

"Four Gods Set"
===============
 This's a miniature set shaped like the gods from the far
East. Judging from its jewels, it must have belonged to a
noble.

"Statue of Lylis"
=================
 The stone statue of the goddess Lylis is said to be the
source of life or the first devil. It is believed the
possessor of this stone statue increases his strength. A
favorite item for the ancient warriors.

"Beetle Charm"
==============
 Called a scarab in some areas, it's a beetle-shaped ornament.
Well loved by the people as a good luck charm. It sparkles
like a rainbow.

"Tobacco Pipe"
==============
 A tool used by thieves in the Far East. Normally, it is used
for smoking, but since it's made of Golden tight stone, it can
also be used in battle.

"Zeni-Sword"
============
 Used for fortune telling by an itinerant Caranan trade group.
Made of foreign coins shaped into a sword.

"Black Cat"
===========
 Ornamental black cat with eyes made of lapis lazuli and claws
made of diamonds. Very ancient and very popular with
collectors.

"Malice Mask"
=============
 Mask of a giant demon that rules an ancient foreign kingdom.
These demons were said to be the source of hatred among
mankind.

"Parade Helmet"
===============
 Used in victory parades, it's very impractical, but
breathtaking. A symbol the glory of the ancient world, it's
nearly completely covered with jewels.

"Kid's Bread"
=============
 Ancient bite-sized bread snack for children. Few know how to
make it today... only a recipe book remains.

"Adult's Bread"
===============
 Ancient over-sized bread eaten for stamina. Its recipe book
also remains. Adults like it.

"Calcobrina"
============
 Traditional dress-up doll first popular among the girls of
this area when there wasn't much entertainment. The doll
contains the memory of those girls.

"Yurgeivogue"
=============
 Popular marionette with designs that hold the attention of
kids. No one knows how to make them anymore. Therefore, they
are very valuable.

"Red Materia"
=============
 In the ancient magic city of Salonia, the people used to seal
their wisdom in magic orbs for posterity. These orbs are
called materia, and they raise the skills of whoever possess
them.

"Blue Materia"
=============
them.

"Black Materia"
======--=======
them.

"White Materia"
===============
them.

"Rat Tail"
==========
 Since ancient times, magicians have used this as magical
medicine. The desire for its delicious taste has been known to
start a war.

"M-Fiction Novel"
=================
 First edition of the life of the Saviour, Mesa. Sadly, most
of it is damaged and only part of it is able to be read.

"Diary of Nanai"
================
 The psychologist Nanai analyzed many people in this book.
Part of it writes of the life of a gambler.

"Wyuvle"
========
 If published, it is said this book would have changed the
course of history. It is the record of the life of a certain
lady.

"Book of Enavia"
================
 A record of Kusu Castle in Enavia. The most important part is
written in an ancient script and cannot be deciphered. It is a
story of 3 girls.

"Magical Gun"
=============
 An ancient pistol believed to be magic, because its bullets
contain magical power. Later, bullets containing Summoned
monsters were invented.

"M Machinegun"
==============
 An ancient gun mounted on many aircraft of the time. Its use
varied depending on the type of magic bullet inserted. Very
useful.

"Magi-Sword"
============
 From a nearly illegible inscription on the sword, I managed
to read that this sword killed a Warlock in Hell with one
slash. A gigantic tower-type sword.

"Minu-Orb"
==========
 This is actually a Magi-orb. It's called the Minu Orb because
it contains the soul of the first Magician, Minu. It's also
known as the Soul of Minu.

"Tarot of Ben"
==============
 Created by the famous artist, Benstat, only one set exists in
the world. It was stolen from the Lesalia Museum of art, a few
years ago.

"Excalipar"
===========
 An imitation of the legendary sword "Excalibur". Although
it's a copy, its sharpness is superb. It was cherished by
adventurers.

"Parasite Tree"
===============
 This tiny tree feeds on the bark of the World Tree,
Yugudoracil. Once it attaches itself to the tree, it usually
dies in half a day. The tree, which is tricky to get, is said
to be medicine for eternal youth.

"Longibunne Spear"
==================
 Legendary spear used to kill the Demon who rules the earth.
This spear is said to be able to pierce any shield. Many died
trying to get it.

"Chocobo Cannon"
================
 With this, you get a fat chocobo to drink gun powder and fire
it like a cannon. Rarely hitting the target, it was never used
for practical purposes. It was made during an experiment.

"St. Elmo's Fire"
=================
 This blue flame is said to come from the human body. Those
who produce it usually are suffering from some sickness. It is
thought that a virus causes the disease.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

LastingDawn

November 16, 2008, 01:06:31 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Thank you very much, I should have first looked for that. That puts things in a much more... moderate purpose.

Art of War

The Damned

November 16, 2008, 03:33:01 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
No problem. Sorry about not posting anything last night before I fell asleep like I promised I would. I fell asleep in the middle of trying to figure out what to do with the Materia that resembled what I had originally made up for them but could be done without having to ASM hack in Item Attributes or something like that.

Anyway, I still skipped quite a few of them, if only because I don't know enough about them or you "told" me to skip them indirectly via the list:

• Kid's Bread - Skipped because you said that it was already replaced. You could make it into a book from the description, but most of the weapons in the Treasure department are already books.
  • Adult's Bread - Skipped for the same reasons as Kid's Bread.
  • Rat Tail - Skipped for the same reasons that you probably skipped the above two: It's a food/healing item.
  • Magical Gun - Skipped for the reasons you gave.
  • M-Machinegun - Skipped because this too is a magical gun.
  • Tarot of Ben - Skipped because I know next to nothing about what tarot cards are supposed to stand for what.
  • Parasite Tree - Skipped for the same reasons as Rat Tail.
  • Longibunne Spear - Skipped because, IIRC, you already made this item as shown in one of Voldemort7's beta videos for you.
  • Chocobo Cannon - Skipped because the description makes it seems really fucking silly. It's actually a living creature, not a gun.

I did all of the 22 others, though, yeah, I have to agree that there's generally a lack of non-Weapons and non-Accessories. I went out of my way to make at least one Shield (Four Gods Set) and one Hat (Black Cat), but there's literally no body armor among the Treasure and I forget what the pictures look like that come with the Treasure, so both of those changes might be contrary:

• Four Gods Set - Equipment: Shield. Stats: Initial: Faith; Block: Innocent; P-EV 8%; M-EV 20%.
  • Statue of Lylis - Equipment: Accessory: Armguard. Stats: Block: Faith, Innocent, Reraise, Death Sentence, Haste, Slow; PA +1; SP +1.
  • Beetle Charm - Equipment: Accessory: Armguard. Stats: Initial: Reraise; Block: Blood Suck; P-EV 1%; M-EV 1%.
  • Tobacco Pipe - Equipment: Weapon: Pipe. Stats: WP: 5; EV: 15; Sp +1; Absorb: Fire. (Perhaps make it capable of adding Blind on hit or automatically Stealing something since it's supposedly used by Thieves.)
  • Zeni-Sword - Equipment: Weapon: Sword. Stats: WP: 3; EV: 25; Sp +1; Initial: Haste. (Perhaps make it possible of performing Gil Taking on hit.)
  • Black Cat - Equipment: Hat. Stats: HP: 90; MP: 40; Block: Blind.
  • Malice Mask - Equipment: Helmet. Stats: HP: 135; PA +3; Always: Berserk; Weakness: Holy.
  • Parade Helmet - Equipment: Helmet. Stats: HP: 30; Always: Blind, Haste, Silence.
  • Calcobrina - Equipment: Accessory: Armlet. Stats: Block: Slow, Stop, Silence, Don't Move, Don't Act; Initial: Confusion; Weakness: Fire.
  • Yurgeivogue - Equipment: Accessory: Armlet. Stats: Always: Float; Block: Don't Move, Don't Act, Berserk, Death Sentence; Initial: Confusion; Weakness: Fire.
  • Red Materia - Equipment: Accessory: Armlet. Stats: Block: Confusion, Silence; Initial: Posion; MA +2.
  • Blue Materia - Equipment: Accessory; Armlet. Stats: Block: Confusion, Silence; Initial: Poison; MA +1; Move +1; Jump +1.
  • White Materia - Equipment: Accessory: Armlet. Stats: Block: Confusion, Silence; MA +1.
  • Black Materia - Equipment: Accessory: Armlet. Stats: Block: Confusion, Silence; Always: Poison; MA +3.
  • M-Fiction Novel - Equipment: Weapon: Book. Stats: WP: 8; EV: 5 (I never understood why Books had such high EV: same with Rods); Initial: Blind; Element: Holy; Strength: Holy.
  • Diary of Nanai - Equipment: Weapon: Book. Stats: WP: 10; EV: 20 (this book is an exception); Block: Confusion; Inflict: Charm.
  • Wyuvle - Equipment: Weapon: Book. Stats: WP: 12; EV: 5; Block: Slow, Stop; Inflict: Stop.
  • Book of Enavia - Equipment: Weapon: Book. Stats: WP: 6; EV: 5; Block: Don't Move, Don't Act, Dead; Initial: Silence; Add: Silence.
  • Magi-Sword - Equipment: Weapon: Knight Sword (forced 2-hands). Stats: WP: 19; EV: 45; Halve: Dark, Fire; Always: Slow; Inflict: Silence. [Note: When I originally was forced with coming for something with this item a year and half ago, others and I theorized that this was this sword killed Velius given the description.]
  • Minu-Orb - Equipment: Accessory: Armlet. Stats: MA +3; Block: Death Sentence; Initial: Confusion.
  • Excalipar - Equipment: Weapon: Knight Sword. Stats: WP: 20, EV: 35. [Note: This was probably easiest one to come up with something considering from the description it's merely a barely subpar Excalibur without the buffs.]
  • St. Elmo's Fire - Equipment: Accessory: Armlet. Stats: Block: Blood Suck, Poison; Initial: Death Sentence; Immune: Ice; Absorb: Water; Weakness: Fire; PA +1, MA +1, Sp +1, Move +1, Jump +1.

I believe that's all of them.

As you will notice, most of them ended up being Accessories that got lumped under Armlet or Armguard because there weren't any other "appropriate" Accesory types. There weren't any Perfumes or Cloaks or Rings and pretty everything else was a weapon, usually a Book (surprisingly).

P.S. I would like to correct my earlier statement that the file I was talking only got destroyed about a year and half ago since it was on my laptop. It was not 3+ years ago when my other desktop did stop working entirely; I think that was actually 5+ years ago, actually....

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Clockwork Seal

November 16, 2008, 05:17:30 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Clockwork Seal
A few of these items ARE equippable in other games, for example, there is a 'Shield of the Four' (which, if running with Four Gods Set as a shield, could make a good point of comparison) and 'Orb of Minwu' in FFTA2.  IN which the shield of the four has pretty good evasion and adds mdef (maybe always:shell?).  Orb of Minwu provides a minor increase to PA and MA and blocks against 'most debuffs.'

Looking over it, the other obvious analogue is the Scarab (beetle) Charm: minor buff to def/mdef (which is hard to quantify in FFT terms) and immune:frog.

The Damned

November 17, 2008, 03:44:09 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Haha. That's interesting. So the Four Gods Set actually is a Shield in another game?

My, don't I feel special for coming up that with on my own?

Anyway, if some of these are in other games, then this gives me an idea....

LastingDawn

November 17, 2008, 04:06:17 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
What might that be? Your ideas are truly quite interesting... though that Is a lot of Item Attributes, which we simply don't have the room for at the moment... some things might need condensed or use what is naturally there, a bit difficult.

Art of War

The Damned

November 17, 2008, 04:46:50 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Since Clockwork Seal brought up that some of the items were in other games, I'm just going to see how many of them I can actually find in other games considering it should be possible to go through most item menus with relative ease. It might take a couple of hours, but considering that I was thinking about using a few of these in-game as well and that my own patch won't really take off until about New Years at this point, I figure I'll kill two birds with a gigantic freaking rock.

I'll try not to take up too much space and try to keep Item Attributes in mind next time I post.

Oh, there was something I had been meaning to ask (you), LastingDawn: Do you know what the Second Table for Items is (referring to)?

LastingDawn

November 17, 2008, 04:50:40 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Bah! If only we had more Item 4F attributes, but that is a sizable amount at least, it's not Too unreasonable, but first we also have to figure out what these items will be replacing, any thoughts regarding that?

Art of War

The Damned

November 17, 2008, 04:58:26 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
I think it's really dependent on nature of your patch, but, personally, I would say that you could probably stand to get rid of all Cloths and all Bags at the very least. That's about 8 or 9 spots already.

The problem is that even with only adding these items, if you add all of them, you would still need about 14 more.

You might just want to start out with the same type of weapons that you had the Longibunne Spear replace. (By the way, what did you have the Longibunee Spear replace?)

It weren't currently impossible, I would have also recommended that you get rid of the three relatively useless Ninja Ball Items and perhaps even the Shuriken, but since there's not anyway to edit those right now (that I've noticed) and the same is true of Items (which you still seem to want to use), I can't really think of anything else to suggest.

(Oh, maybe Nagrarock since no one ever uses that, but eh.... It's much the same with two highest Ninja Swords since they don't do anything but damage.)

LastingDawn

November 17, 2008, 05:09:40 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Nagrarock
4Bags
3Harps
3Cloths
Nagrarock
3 Bows (that many bows is Not necessary)
3 Ninja Swords? (With Ninja's gone...?)
4 Daggers (10 daggers? Why so many...?)
3 Swords
Also the Bombs and Shurikens can't be changed? Even with the patcher? I haven't tried yet.
23 Items thus far in total...
Also I got rid of the basic Javelin for Longibunne.

Art of War

The Damned

November 17, 2008, 05:20:59 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
I just checked FFTPatcher and Shuriken and Bombs can be changed. My bad.

You're getting rid of Ninja as well? Why not just get rid of all Ninja Knives then?

P.S. You counted Nagrarock twice.

LastingDawn

November 17, 2008, 05:33:42 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hah, you're right. I forgot it was a sword... but this does leave us a lot of room for new items as well as the treasures, of course, I'm not even sure what I want to replace Ninja with as well as Samurai... hmm...

Art of War

The Damned

November 17, 2008, 08:14:07 pm #17 Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 11:50:43 pm by The Damned

Skip Sandwich

November 17, 2008, 08:30:35 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
Rune Blade, Magic Gauntlet, Wizard Rod and Wizard Robe have identical item atributes, so thats three free slots right there
Triangle Hat, Holy Miter, Wizard Mantle and Wizard Staff have identical atributes, so another three free slots there
Reflect Ring and Reflect mail, another slot there
Headgear and power wrist, another slot there
Twist headband and Power sleeve, another slot there

That's a total of 9 free slots you can gain by consoladating redundant item atributes, still not enough, but a start

also, the chocobo cannon is a cannon that FIRES a gunpower stuffed fat chocobo instead of cannonballs, judging by the artwork.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Zozma

November 17, 2008, 08:34:17 pm #19 Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 08:37:21 pm by Zozma
Quote from: "Voldemort7"What is Calcobrena?

you mean like that doll monster from FF4 ?
theres an artifact in fft that does look just like that monster.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!