• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:30:05 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Rivalry Battle Series, anyone?

Started by Reks, December 17, 2013, 11:25:34 pm

Reks

Welp, It's an idea I had. I'm sure everyone who's played and participated in Arena has that one other guy/gal who they seem to fight the most, or simply get matched up often, or had a few REALLY good bouts and aren't satisfied with just that.

So, I made a proposition. This isn't meant as a normal tournament, just something to the side for you and your rival to enjoy some clashes without worrying to be matched against someone random. Sure, you can always ASK for specific people, but hey.

Anyway, my own rival tends to be DarkxFatal, so if he agrees to that, then we have our first matchups.

You can make teams specifically for this setup, or use your general ones.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

formerdeathcorps

CT5Holy because he has the best record against my teams.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Barren

I can resume FFT Arena: rivalries during winter break
You dare cross blades with me?

Elmdork

That would be awesome! How many teams do I need to participate? I have always considered fenire my rival, given we started around the same time and have similar experience. Otabo is another person I'd be interested in battling. When building a team, I often try to measure up to his level of thinking as I think hes's one of the best builders here (IMHO)
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

CT5Holy

formerdeathcorps for the same reason.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Malroth

I don't know if I have a rival  Nobody really joined around the same time as me,  and i'm pretty much halfway in between the newbies like Fenire and the experts like gainun and CT5holy in terms of skill. 

reinoe

If TheDamned were still here I'd see him as a rival.  We both made a crap ton of teams of questionable quality.  Unfortunately he's deleted most of them and has been scarce as of late.
My dreams can come true!

Elmdork

How unfortunate :'(

I'll make sure to keep my teams logged even if I go away for a bit. Shouldn't be too hard, I generally don't make a team unless I can procure the original intended strategy and be unique. So when I'm "complete" I am generally happy with the result and can move to my next project.

Speaking of next project, I have a design for a summon spam team with 2 mimes. More of a "just for fun" "all in" strategy. Even on its' best day, it'll go either really good or really bad. Just gotta make sure my ideal situation CAN happen and I'll be satisfied. I expect matches to last under 5 minutes, one way or another.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Malroth

10 speed shortcharge casters can get the basic summons (shiva ifrit ramuh)  off before 8 speed units can even get a turn,  Time mage and mediator chassis can pull this off easily while still leaving room for MA boosting and strengthen

Reks

Quote from: Dokurider on December 21, 2013, 05:34:59 am
I'll rival all of you. I got enough teams for it.

Then that really will be no different than regular Arena if everyone does it. Otherwise, if you're willing to randomly rival peeps without having a set one, that's fine with me.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

xyzqwv

Rivals would assume long-term experienced players. It would at least be good study material for newbs like myself.

Zotis

When Fenire and I update the rest of our teams, a rivalry match between us would be pretty cool.  : D

Fenire

December 30, 2013, 03:38:18 am #13 Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 08:06:11 am by Fenire
Challenge Accepted! Teams updated and ready to go! I deleted one team and added a new one that I would like to see pitted against Rouroni Elmdor.

Zotis

silentkaster

This sounds like fun! I don't have a rival though, and besides my flagship team (Four Seasons) my other teams haven't won a match yet.

I really need to get the patch on my laptop so I can test a few teams before posting but it is kinda getting ancient.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.