• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 12:31:51 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Blue Mage Base Patch

Started by nitwit, September 20, 2014, 05:50:00 am

nitwit

September 20, 2014, 05:50:00 am Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 09:00:25 am by nitwit
The goal of this patch is to realign monster PA and MA closer to that of humans.  This requires that I also change the X and Y values of monster abilities to get the damage output of the abilities the modified monsters use to match that of vanilla monsters.

When this is done anyone can add any monster ability to any human job and expect roughly the same amount of damage.

This patch is being built on the base patch found here:
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6450
Specifically "StatusItem2.fftpatch".

To calculate damage output of vanilla monster abilities I'm adding a new sheet to Raven's Utilities workbook:
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9143

I will attach this sheet with each update I make.

I want this patch because I want to change the minimum and maximum values for SP, PA, and MA to something more reasonable than 1 (min for all three), 50 (max for SP), and 99 (max for PA and MA).  A min of 4 for PA/MA and 6 for SP makes stat breaks less overpowered.  A max of 16 for SP and 21 for PA and MA makes stat boosting abilities less overpowered.  Of course this requires that everyone have higher starting stats and lower growths overall but that is what I intend to do with my own rebalancing patch.  I decided to make a blue mage base patch first using vanilla first because I can reuse it for other patches and because other people may find it useful.

Edit 9/20/2014 5:55 AM

This is more tedious than expected.

Just finished Lvl 10 damage/hit outputs for Chocobo monsters.  Took me about half an hour.  See attached spreadsheet.

When it's done you should be able to change X/Y values for abilities and multiplier/growths for monsters and get the most basic damage/hit previews, assuming I make no mistakes anywhere.

Timbo

I love that you are adding it the status and item consolidation patch. My patch is too far gone for this to be directly useful to me, but I'll probably copy your numbers into my patch when you are finished.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

nitwit

September 20, 2014, 09:03:21 am #2 Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 10:24:26 pm by nitwit
It will be a while before a patch is made.  I need to finish the spreadsheet first.  See edited first post for more details.

I realized that there's a need for really basic utility patches like this.  Any patch with a Blue Mage needs to adjust monster stats and monster abilities.  Raven's spreadsheet is very useful for any modder and it will be even more useful when my (very ugly) additions are complete.

EDIT

The tool is done.  I'm not sure that monster ability animations can work (waiting for more info on that) but I can now adjust monster stats and monster ability x/y values.