• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:52:37 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFTA2 Tools (Updated 2013/02/16)

Started by Lennart, January 27, 2013, 01:44:40 pm

Kaizerfreak

Great tool! I've been looking for something to entice me to play another run and this might be it. But just a question first: Does the job editor affect enemies? I basically plan on boosting the stat growths of a few classes so I don't have to worry about swapping them to gain optimal stats. Otherwise I guess I can just transplant growths.

goder2910

October 08, 2013, 01:52:55 pm #21 Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 01:19:06 pm by goder2910
@Lennart Iam newbie here.

I trying to learn to make an editor for FFTA2 via Nightmare Editor or create a Window Form application Editor.

Iam a coder so i got difficulties in learning hexing.

I read all your notes and very interesting with them. I really want to know how can you find and note them ?

Can you give me a suggestion or a guideline to help me know how you find offset data that refer to the game. (find offset of array data, v..v)

I very interested in FFTA2, wait for you reply.

Thank in advanced. :D

FrozenDragon150

I don't know how to use it... can someone help me? :(

Sk3llig

Thank you Lennart, these tools are absolutely fantastic. They're fabulous even! It's also great to see that hacking has finally made it's way to FFTA2. I've already edited Penelo's dances to make them function more similarly to FFTA's. :D

Are we going to see any updates, or possible new features?

ArcticPrism

I too would be interested in more tools for modding A2. Though I don't suppose there will anymore updates since the creator hasn't logged onto the forum in a year. There aren't any other tools out there I'm missing are there?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

BadgerLordZeus

Forgive me for necroposting again, but I was playing around with the A-ability editor and I found out the use for one of the 'unknown' check boxes on the second page. Its related to whether or not an ability can be used with Magick Frenzy. You can see the box highlighted below.

Kerafyrm Six

I'd love to see more FFTA2 active myself too, but idk if that'll happen >,<

bingo12345

In AP editor, if "Fixed Damage" is 0, weapon's attack value is used in damage/heal calculation. (ex Rush, Beat down).
if "Fixed Damge" is not 0, weapon's attack value is not used in damage/heal calculation (ex Air Render) and "Fixed Damage" is used instead of weapon's attack value.

GasT87

Newbie (long time lurker) here, the 12th unknown of the second page seems decides if you can target an empty square or not.
It has been a long time since we heard anything from Lennart does any one have the source code for this tools? Don't know much about tool making and having this as examples will really help me.

FrozenDragon150

^yep, that one is disabled for ninjutsu, si if you want to give ninjutsu veils AoE, you'd better activate that one for all veils.

Sadly, lennart is gone, so we're pretty lost here

I would stop using his tools however, one of them seems to have bugs, namely, Illua doesn't have any A-Abilities anymore

Look for the datasheets, that way you can make sure you edit only what you wish to edit, no unforeseen bugs nor anything

Rfh

August 30, 2015, 08:35:57 am #30 Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 01:50:31 pm by Rfh
Some unknown flags revealed:
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: rfh

Rfh

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: rfh

Ethereal Embrace

So I downloaded this and it seems like I have all the files but there's no application for it. Does this require the nightmare or some other outside tool like some of the others have??

Eternal

It's the .jar file. Just execute it like normal and it should work fine.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

leonix24

Thanks for making a great tool.Just want to ask is there a way to mod P-Abilities and R-Abilities?Thanks again.

Eternal

Passives and Reactions are mostly uneditable at the moment. However, certain Reaction abilities are tied to certain Action abilities. For example, Critical Quicken is tied to the Quicken spell, meaning that whatever edits you've made to Quicken will take place when Critical Quicken goes off.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

FrozenDragon150

Eternal

Not quite. FFTA had this very same thing (which is how Critical Quick ended up becoming Critical Meteor, jokingly, in FFTA GG). Basically, when Critical Quick triggers, it's not triggering the status itself: it's triggering the spell, but for free. So when Critical Quick goes off, and you edit the Quicken spell to, say, restore MP, Critical Quick will then restore MP because you edited the Quicken spell.

Ethereal Embrace

Hmm, this may or may not have something to do with this being an old computer, but the .jar file just asks me to extract more files and that's it. When I try to run it through java, it tells me that
"data\job.txt (The system cannot find the path specified)"

FrozenDragon150

I see, interesting.

Then it should be possible to give Illua Critical: Full HP Heal riiight? *evil grin*