• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:18:38 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Trying to find bit information

Started by Naoto, March 19, 2012, 02:46:33 am

Naoto

So, for the people that are consistently in this forum category, it's time to play the comparison game!

This is sorta mostly an extension off of the FFTA Abilities Spreadsheet thread, which has been immensely helpful.  Some information does not seem to have been found yet, specifically bit information concerning the properties of abilities have not been found yet it seems.  In any case, let me see if I can start it off with the following list:

Any Control Ability
Any Morph Ability
Crystal summons
Lawshift
Descent
Abate
JP Gift
Yellow Clip

Apparently, only these abilities do not contain a certain bit (property) that all of the other abilities do have, and I can't wrap my head around what exactly is that property.  (Prone to error of missing something from the spreadsheet)

Please use any resources possible, preferably the other forum threads, TFergusson's Mechanics Guide, or just by modifying the bits in the FFTA Ability Spreadsheet and testing it yourself.  It would be nice if we can fill out this spreadsheet.  It'd be so fun to mod this game completely :D
Blank Card

Darthatron

Probably something to do with the AI not using those abilities, unless it's hardcoded.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Darthatron

Naoto

By the way, the Blank Card ability is in the list.  Copy + Paste fail on my part.

@Darthatron: Hmm, that seems to be something that would make a lot of sense.  It's definitely something I would never think up o.O

Hmm... this seems like something that can only be tested to be proven at a glance, but that seems at the very least a very good guess Darthatron :D  Hope it's right!

Naoto

After a few tests, I don't think that the answer came out to be true...  I set the Sharpshooter moveset to lose that supposed ai bit, and it didn't stop the ai from using the move.  Also, descent is listed as a move without that bit, and the ai can definitely use that move...  Man, that was a good guess though

Darthatron

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Darthatron

Naoto

Hmm, think along those lines though.  I would've never thought of such a guess, and that guess was REALLY good.  Hmm, what do these abilities have in common...

Naoto

I'm going to keep moving on since it seems like no one knows the answer to the above :/

In any case, what do these abilities have in common?

All Black Magic (Fire, Firaga, Blizzard,...)
All Monster Abilities (Except Karma and Voodoo and Blowup)

Initial Guess on my part:  I dunno if Beastmasters have access to those 3 specific moves, so maybe this is the bit that tells the Beastmasters what abilities they can use?

Eternal

Karma, Voodoo, Blowup look at current HP, no?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Naoto

Hmm that would make sense for another bit, but that info doesn't correlate with the fact that all of the other skills not mentioned are grouped with Blowup and whatnot.  Hmm, this shouldn't be hard to test.  Flip the bit for karma/voodoo/blowup and see if a beastmaster can use it now (or morpher) <- i forgot what the limitations of both jobs are.

Naoto

Meh, I've been busy lately sorta and I never got around to testing the above to see if there were any effects.  In any case, though, I did compile a list for some skills that were missing a bit or had that bit in comparison.  Below is another set of skills that have hopefully 1 exact similar property:

White Magic
Bishop Magic
Sage Magic minus Ultima Blow
Sleep
Time Magic
Illusion Magic
Elemental Magic
Provoke
Warcry
Wyrmtamer
Bangaa Cry
Ninja Skill Set
Hunter Skillset minus Oust, Advice
Control Skill Set
Morph Skill Set
Animist Skill Set
Resonate
Soundwave
Zombify
Explode
Stillness
Azoth
Abyss
Amber Gleam
Descent
Alpha
Magi
Howl of Rage
Logos

Hopefully someone can figure this out? :D  Either that or can someone test the above responses?

bcrobert

That set with the monster abilities and black magic definitely is for the beastmaster. Karma, Blowup and Voodoo can NOT be selected by the beastmaster but black magic (via flans/jellies/creams) can be. 95% sure.

If this topic sees some activity could we please point to the bit structure? We can't test whether our guesses are correct without knowing which bits to check.
My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.