• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:06:22 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

What are you watching?

Started by Bastard Poetry, August 10, 2010, 05:17:29 pm

Bastard Poetry

August 10, 2010, 05:17:29 pm Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 02:41:40 pm by Bastard Poetry
CINEMA:

Inception.

My score: 8/10 - Not as good as The Prestige, Memento or Batman Begins, but definitely better than The Dark Knight.

MOVIES:

Good Night, and Good Luck.

Written, directed and shot with erratic flair. It's almost as if Clooney did a Mad Men marathon while drinking himself into oblivion, then woke up to a morning broadcast of His Girl Friday on TCM, flipped the channel to find the Smurfs on some stupid fucking channel (why would he flip away from His Girl Friday!?) and thought, 'Eureka! Commies! I'll do a movie about the journalist who dared to attack Wisconsin Sen. McCarthy's unconstitutional methods during the red scare!" Well played, George, with guys like Straitharn delivering the coolest fucking speeches over the CBS airwaves, evar, but you need to know that even--EVEN--in the fast-paced journalist world, the characters of His Girl Friday at least--AT LEAST--waited until one character finished speaking a line before the next character immediately started sputtering rapid-fire words as though the first person never existed. Not always.. but enough.

My score: 5/10 - Educational, with a neat overall message. Needed more drama, or tension, or sex, or something. I felt like I was really just hopping back in time to watch CBS in the 50s.

RIFFTRAX:
Star Trek [2009]

(Kirk runs from the giant ice-crab monster thing)
Kevin: "No, no.. He's doing it wrong! Shatner would have slept with the thing twice by now!"

(Romulan guard falls to his death)
Mike: "Tell my bald wife and my bald kids how baalld I thiink theey aaaaaarrrrrrrreeeee.."

My score: 7/10 - Not one of the best Riffs, because the movie is actually decent enough to create this sense of frustration in you as the guys are riffing--"Shh! Shh! Not now, guys! I'm trying to hear what Spock's dad is saying!" I originally gave this a 3/10 score because it was really bad the first time, but a second viewing (third viewing of Star Trek altogether) allowed me to relax and enjoy the riffs, which were surprisingly very decent.

TELEVISION:

Mad Men - Don and Lane out on the town = unexpected WIN of epic proportions.
Burn Notice - Can't wait to get this whole Jesse thing taken care of so he can move on to wherever the script-writers intend to send him.
Psych - "Who says work has to be fun?" - "Uh, Ron Jeremy, for starters."
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

Vanya

TV - True Blood, Hung, Down the Worm Hole with Morgan Freeman, Ghost Hunters, GHI, Destination Truth, Various other Alien/Cryptozoology shows, V, Flashforward, Futurama, Family Guy, Adult Swim.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

h0ndman2

Lol, I saw Inception yesterday. =]