• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:27:44 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Let it sit overnight and still patching?

Started by maxtro, June 06, 2011, 01:35:31 pm

maxtro

June 06, 2011, 01:35:31 pm Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 03:31:59 pm by maxtro
I have no idea why but I just can't get the V.05 to patch.

For the hell of it I let it sit overnight and nothing.

I have tried various other ISO and let them sit for about 20 minutes then just closed it. Because I'm not going to bother letting it run for hours again while nothing is accomplished.

I've tried other patches and they all applied in a matter of seconds.

Are there any other patches that have the war of lions translation without affecting the difficulty?

Edit:

I forgot to mention that I can apply the  1.3 Easytype with the FFT:Complete patch no problem.

Unfortunately I'm new to FFT so the easytype is too hard for me.

Is there any reason why I can't apply FFT: Complete by itself but it works fine when combined with the 1.3?

BTW I can apply the v.02 patch. Something later on breaks the process.

Cheetah

June 06, 2011, 07:17:11 pm #1 Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 07:26:03 pm by Cheetah
This complaint has come up a few times now. Let me try it on my own now. Make sure that your ISO is not expanded from using the newer versions of shishi with it.

UPDATE: Yep 5 minutes later and I have a working FFT:C. I just took a fresh ISO of FFT, which was saved as a .bin but I think that would make no difference. Then I downloaded the patch from the "Download v.50" thread in the FFT: Complete subforum. I used the version of PPF available also in that same thread and it patched in about 10 seconds or less.

Make sure your ISO is truly clean and not expanded. Almost all the other patches here require the expanded patch while this does not.
Current Projects:

maxtro

Shishi?

Also, how do I check if my iso is expanded?

Cheetah

I believe expanded ISO's are larger. ShiShi is the sprite editor within FFTPatcher, recent versions of ShiShi alter the ISO so that there are more sprites available. Many patches requires this and thus you need to expand your ISO with ShiShi before applying the patch.

If you are still having trouble I would recommend trying a different FFT ISO.
Current Projects:

maxtro

I'm confused, so I need to expand my iso with shishi before I can apply the patch?

LightningHax

I do believe it's the exact opposite. Make sure your ISO is NOT expanded with shishi before patching.

And like he said, if you don't have a clean ISO that hasen't been expanded, get a new one.

maxtro

Yah, I've never touched shishi. So I was confused when he started saying how it was needed for patches.