• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:05:14 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 5 ☢ ☢ ☢

Started by Barren, August 29, 2016, 09:46:38 pm

gatebuster202

Quote from: Shintroy on October 03, 2016, 12:14:23 am
Stalling Mime vs Burst Faith
Went into this knowing it was a bad match up (Still wishing I had white robe). The only answer against spell gunners I have is steal weapon, and since it's paired with an item user it's less likely to happen due to how passive item units act.

R1 - Map 97 again. Horrible starting position for me. My units were stuck under the tunnel structure for half of the match making the team split up into pairs. It was in gatebuster's favor up until his scholar or time mage kept going down. The loop was broken when the time mage finally got a turn and stopped the mediator. 70 faith? GG. Steal weapon sealed this round.
At no point should pausing during a match be allowed in tournament Gatebuster didn't comment on it live so there was no need to restart then and there. He could've done it if he wanted to though. I would've even with a lead. Too bad I'm not around when the stream is live.

R2 - Map 84, B. Hill. I didn't comment on the map being wrongfully labeled due to this being a bad match up for me. Both maps were either small or medium. We'll get into maps after the tournament or at least before the next. No more depending on one person to categorize things

Actual R2 - Mutual death loops and another steal weapon to seal it. What more needs to be said? The deciding point of the match is my archer and mime forcing gatebuster's team into support mode healing the lancer. It allowed my time mage and chemst to get in range and gain momentum.

GG. Gatebuster we both had the same idea with glacier gun being the best gun this season. Stop protection and ice absorb on accessory? More reasons to rebalance accessories so that they don't match up with weapons (Ice Bow adds Stop).

My team needed a few edits that I just didn't have time to see before we started the tournament. That being Said... Round 1 I could have had a win early on but the number of talk skills that landed was well over 50% and that burned me. I do agree that Pauses Should not happen. However, you were not Live, and had the lead. (The pause was to indeed check if my weapon was stole, which I had seen that it already was. It was not at my request. However, Kashkabald is the newest of the Streamers and to the community.) I was not going to request a restart as I knew that our matches were purely dictated on Map and % Talk Skills that landed. It would have actually been more unfair to you then me. You took Round 1 due to the Mediator thinking Refute was a good idea instead of shooting people with the Glacial gun that could be killed by it and you, as you mentioned, predicted that Ice would be the better element and let others get weeded out for using Lightning and Fire.

Round 2. Was a hot mess, medium to short map that burned me. One person was saddled with the responsibility of organizing the maps and no one went back over them til the last minute. Season Five might go down as the most correction from a tournament. (I wasn't here when these things went in, but we are working on maps now. Not griping just pointing this out.) i couldn't win the map when I saw my team split, and couldn't over come their ineptitude. GG Shintroy, you worked hard on a team that requires a lot of prayer and good mime use/positioning.
  • Modding version: PSX
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Anima Zero

Pretty exciting match here.  Round 1 didn't go in my favor, but hilarity ensued in round 2 when the dead male Summoner's Reflect Ring got involved with shenanigans from Iris, resulting in two stopped Paladins (and don't move getting inflicted on the turn after for insult to injury), thereby sealing my win there.

Round 3 I think Altair would have had a chance to win in had King Arthur decided not to challenge Zero to one on one combat.  Doubly so when Iris steps in with the cheap shot and disables him.

As for the rest of his team....they were getting stymied by Axl & X.  If one of them went down to Death casting shenanigans, they almost always got picked right back up.  By the time Zero finished his duel, the other three units were pretty much dead and a win was secured with a little effort.  GG Altair!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Barren

I sent Kashkabald and dw PM about whose doing matches 85 - 88. If no one responds by this Friday then I will do those matches over the weekend to keep this tourney going
You dare cross blades with me?

gatebuster202

Quote from: Barren on October 06, 2016, 06:40:47 am
I sent Kashkabald and dw PM about whose doing matches 85 - 88. If no one responds by this Friday then I will do those matches over the weekend to keep this tourney going

If they don't get back to you, with set dates, I'm just going to record 2 a night til I get to that one match you wanted Barren.
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Mudvayne

Wow, despite the immediate pressure on my team we somehow still managed to squeek a win out. I really thought that first round was going to be yours and then you'd have ended up sweeping me 2-0. I think that early reraise on the Geo plus a couple lucky dodges (holy, dia) is what did it for me.
R3 I feel like that counter magic holy really helped to seal the deal. GG Gatebuster!

Barren

Hey everyone as we know that the tournament is inching towards the end and while it wasn't in the initial discussion when putting the tournament together, by the end of round 6 we're going to do a top 12 bracket based on the top twelve records since gatebuster mentioned that a lot of people will end up with the same record.

Please during the week if you are in favor of this post here and I will PM andante on adding more matches towards the tournament. However the semi finals and finals are set as they are

Corosar

Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

CupOfOrangeJuice

top 12 sounds good because I could actually make it to that. Top 4 not so much

Kurosabes

• Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Andante49

All for the top 12 advancing. Already updated the match list and bracket so we can see what it will look like. How will ties be broken if 13th+ has the same record as 12th?

Barren

Then what I will do is hold a tie breaker match where two people at the bottom of the top 12 with the same record will fight it out. If that is too complicated. Then we could do a top 16 instead. It evens out the singles bracket and doesn't require players being seeded

Kurosabes

For tiebreakers, I suggest to refer to the scores on the right of the table. For instance, someone who's 3-3 but constantly has been winning with 2-1 and losing 0-2 is, in my view, lower ranked than another 3-3 player who's won his matches 2-0 and lost 1-2.

Corosar

Quote from: Kashkabald on October 10, 2016, 08:34:25 pm
https://www.twitch.tv/fftarena/

Gonna stream matches 89-90

EDIT: FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 5 Round 5 Match #89 - DomieV vs Vigilanti
FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 5 Round 5 Match #90 - Krypt vs Corosar
(I ended up doing match #99 because someone had to do Barren's match since he's recording other matches)
FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 5 Round 5 Match #99 - Barren vs Alfa

Ow.... ow whatever pride i had recently... just turned to ash and flew out the window... god damn Krypt. way to show how to wreck someone. GG
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

CupOfOrangeJuice

Quick question though. Why isn't something like top 16 go through? That way you can have a bracket without any byes in it.

Kurosabes

Well, Doubt Faith just cost me my last chance of making it to the second bracket. I knew I would lose the large map due to too much distance to cover (it's one of the largest maps in Arena), but also partly because of the overall squishyness of my team. GG Kashkabald and good luck on the last round.