• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

My Red Mage sprite

Started by rathaelos, May 24, 2010, 04:52:08 pm

rathaelos

Hi there. I´m new here.

Red Mages are my favourite class in the final fantasy universe, so when i discovered that it was possible to make custom jobs and modify lots of things in fft, the first thing that came in mind was to make a red mage job.
However, the custom sprites that I found out there wasn´t exactly what I was looking for. So I made it myself.
I tryed to make it as close as possible to the final fantasy 3 (DS) red Mage design.
I used the Aliste sprite as base, the portrait was made by Cheetah (I think), and the tricone was made by myself.
Now I´m sharing it with you.
Hope you guys like it.

(it´s type 1)

mav

Nice sprite--I'm impressed. I'd say change out the boots, but I think they work with the sprite. Great work.

DeadManWalking

The red might be a tad saturated, too.  Try basing the colors off of existing palettes.

GeneralStrife

Change teh Portrait. Still a good job.

Lijj

Wow, 1st post. This high quality?
Looks really good! But there's already a male Red Mage that's type 1. Why not type 2? Oh well too late.
A new portrait would be nice. Nothing flawed about that one but already in use.
  • Modding version: PSX

mav

Quote from: "DeadManWalking"The red might be a tad saturated, too.  Try basing the colors off of existing palettes.
I was gonna say this too, but I think it works for this sprite. It gives the whole character a much needed vibrancy. Someone should test it out in game to get a better idea. A new portrait wouldn't hurt, but this one looks fine.

jimmyjw88

I say the red is fine, actually. Good job.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Cheetah

Looking quite nice. Some thoughts though.

1) The rear side view for the hat looks really bad for some reason. For the singing animation when it is raised slightly it looks great and almost looks like it should be the main angle for it.
2) Why is the feather yellow/skin toned instead of white?
3) The color for the boots and then the different color for the pants and gloves look to similar. Maybe make one of them brown or tan to go with the hair color?

The hat for my original red mage portrait could certainly use some touchup to say the least.
Current Projects:

R999

Hmm, unrelated but I always felt as though the Red Mage sprites have too much clothing and or armor on. Am I the only person on this?

Sprite looks alright~

Knox

I think it looks pretty good, might wanna work on some higher boots, and a bit darker, or a nice brown shade.

That or make that blueish pants part white like the above picture and change the shade of the boots.
I wanna say that the blue gloves and pants stick out a bit.

otherwise very awesome start, part of me also says you should make the thing sticking out of his neck white as well.
~Auranhiem

Lijj

Well I think this is a pretty hot sprite. Definitely make the ascot, feather and bande white though.

rathaelos

Thanks for the feedback guys.