• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:14:24 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Elmdork

great series, barren! you're one of the hardest working players here, i appreciate that. Also thank you true light for the double feature with silentkaster, i enjoyed that!

i am a fan of the speed gain/ undead/immortal build, though it needs more... chunkyness to really get the most effect. the only problem with speed build teams is they take a long time to reap the benefits of their small gains each round, whereas teams that rely on procs or elements generally get their value each turn. even PA/MA stacking builds see benefit long before speed increase can make a difference, but i like how the speed translates to damage and benefits the team as well as it possibly can. it's a good team and i hope you stick with it, just needs some meat to survive an extra round or two.

GG and welcome to FFarena!!

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Zotis

Yes it's good to see another newcomer.

Barren

I was going to do that match actually but you beat me the punch. But yea I had a outdated version of xyzqwv's team so its no big deal.
You dare cross blades with me?

Zotis

Well that was... interesting.  I took your pointers to heart CT5Holy and made some pretty significant changes.

Barren

silentkaster

FFT Arena 1.38d - Zotis (Black and White Wicthes) vs Vigilanti (Destiny Bond)

Ohhhh nice match! One of the most enjoyable I've watched so far. That match, particularly the tiebreaker round, took me back to the days of that happening when I first started playing 1.3. I thought magic was the best way to go, and then I would get mid-charged silenced, paralyzed, charmed, etc. It also continues to prove to me how powerful death sentence abilities really are. In other formats with AI, I always overlooked them simply because the AI behavior around death sentence is to run away like they're a contagious leper and give that unit two free turns to do something useful. But in this format, it seems to be an extremely effective ability in most cases.

Good teams guys. Great match!
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Zotis

That was really intense.

Good job Vigilanti.  I like your insane status combo set up, very scary.

Vigilanti

i like the series of fights we had man. Seriously good stuff zotis. Shiva and chiri and holy hurt all over but thankfully charm turned those against ya. GG zotis. Your team is anothet kind of beast i think eventually will be feared

Zotis

Thanks Vigilanti.  I'd like to see a few more matches to get an overall feel for how the team plays out against other types of teams.  Is there an instructional video or thread for how to make these videos.  I certainly wouldn't mind helping out with making videos.  I downloaded a program and read some tutorials and learned how to patch the ISO, but that's about as far as I could get.  I don't know how the memory card thing works and I don't have Excel.

I think this is the most well put together team I've made so far.  It puts out big AOE damage and has good survivablity.  Even thouse Cure 2's heal a lot more than I thought they would.  But dang, charm kills me with the good compat 1 hit KO Holys... lol.  I was even surprised the silenced summoner was doing over 80dmg with staff wacks.  You got so lucky dodging 2 70% Holy's in a row, heh.

Barren

I can give you detailed instructions zotis if you want while might not be a video but I can still walk you through it

Zotis

I would appreciate that a lot.  I'll take another go based on what instructions are on the forums already and PM you with where I get to.  Maybe I can download a free demo of excel that will be good enough for the team designer.

Barren

Yea Microsoft office isn't cheap but they make you pay per year if you buy it

Zareb

Hey, everybody, I posted a new version of Spoilers and I was wondering if somebody could record a match between it and whatever team of your choosing?  Honestly, pick anybody, I don't care!  Thanks, and have a good one!
Now your blood travels through the veins of our history
It bursts forth in boiling black clouds from the wrists of kings

silentkaster

Oh, I like your team Zareb! Do you want to put it against my revised team? That might be a good match :)

I'd love to see that!
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Barren

I actually have that match in mind myself.  Once I get out of work I'll get started

Malroth

thats why i like magic ring,  immunity to holy sniping and the permanent "screw you caster" that is silence.

DomieV

That was a fun set of matches awhile back. Damn those squires hit hard. Im starting to wonder If I need to change up my famous knights at all? I mean They can take punishment but not THAT much punishment

Zareb

Quote from: silentkaster on December 29, 2013, 12:00:52 pm
Oh, I like your team Zareb! Do you want to put it against my revised team? That might be a good match :)

I'd love to see that!

Quote from: Barren on December 29, 2013, 12:30:41 pm
I actually have that match in mind myself.  Once I get out of work I'll get started

Okay, sounds good!  I look forward to it!
Now your blood travels through the veins of our history
It bursts forth in boiling black clouds from the wrists of kings