• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:20:46 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFTA2: Promise Rewritten (Rebalance and Difficult hack)

Started by Kuro, August 21, 2018, 07:42:49 am

Kuro

Since we are going to use a Grenade (lol) as the best item of the world -only for foes-. The gift box sounds perfect for the trolling (lol) and Adelle can keep the Moon Maiden.

Mmm Idk, you can send a Bangaa next to you off to Meltdown everything XD I'll think on the usefulness to make changes. Also, if there are many enemies to deal with you can give it a try and send it to the other corner of the map. However, it could have 5-6 fixed range.

Is that the highest combination possible? Because it is hilarious XD Tsk, no fun =-= This happens when there is not Accuracy stat. Anyway, this also means that I was giving a wrong value to balance Evasion. So, I'll need to probably reduce by half Evasion stat in equipment. That will make your cute Animist 68% Cap, unless I remove his Evasion bonus then it will be 58%

Edit: Reduced to the half but for cards. Please, let me know if there is a better combination xD 69%(I rounded up) Seems an erotic cap, I mean good. Actually I might lower the bonus of Animist to 7, maknig it a 66%. 1 out of 3 will hit. Amazing Evasion but still fair?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kairetsu

I am not sure if that's the highest combination. But, it seems to be the case (more or less). Yeah, cutting the equipment evasion by half is good idea. Oh, Juggler can equip instrument too. So, Juggler can use the same equip combination for maximum evasion. Anyway 60-70% max evasion is still fair, I guess.

Madeen

Umm if you remove moon maiden, wont we lose access to exclusive abilities?

About evasion I vaguely remember Vaan wasnt bad at it, with his own evasion buff and all..

Kuro

Quote from: Madeen on September 23, 2018, 08:12:12 am
Umm if you remove moon maiden, wont we lose access to exclusive abilities?

About evasion I vaguely remember Vaan wasnt bad at it, with his own evasion buff and all..

We lost special abilities long ago lol. I don't like losing a slot, with my mod you get more skills than before (Most have 8 if not more, but for Juggler 7 and Alchemist 7), because many had 7 or 8 with the special one locked.

I'll check if Vaan breaks the cap, when I begin to balance the unique jobs.

I have something else to discuss guys: In order to balance Dual Wield I improved Two-Handed weapons and Shields. In my head seems alright now. Allowing you to use the different combinations with no regrets. Monkey Grip + Shield. Cool. Dual Wield + Knight Swords. Cool. Broadsword + Attack Up, etc... All combinations in my understanding seem balanced now BUT we are going to lose one useless passive.

Doublehand c: I'm going to permanently remove this one unless someone finds out how to change its bonus, because it is LOW and obviously worse than the alternatives I pointed back there. Any opinions?

EDIT: I'm about to start with Greatswords, I'll wait to listen you guys because I want to be sure about what I'm modifying because it is slow to change so many stats and I don't want to do it twice xD

Kairetsu

I wonder what the developer was thinking to give Doublehand such small attack bonus (I think it was flat 5 bonus?). I guess no one will complain if you remove it.

Vaan can wear light armor, but cannot equip Card or Instrument. He shouldn't be able to reach higher evasion than Juggler. XD

Madeen

I'm cool with more abilities :D  A bit of a shame though because some special abilities were really good... (bishop, mog knight...)

I never use dual wield, except to learn abilities faster. Even more true in this mod where monsters hit like trucks, I prefer shields lol.

I dont care about doublehand either :P

Kuro

I think I'm giving player more options and stronger equipment, it will make Non-monster stronger as well ^^ But maybe Monsters need another power up :3 More HP! xD I finished with Edged Weapons, tomorrow I'll rush to revamp the whole equipment.

Do you want me to release the 0.9.5 with all the new stuff but for Enemy Formation? I only advanced two more missions (Because I was making the new equipment list), to the A Voice from the well. Untouched lol It is super hard as it is. First turn yellow Lamia uses Night and half party goes to sleep xD And Lamias have a lot of HP already. They Delay you with Hand Slap... Fun. Idk if Rfh designed this one or it was a consequence from his changes to monster's Job but I liked that one as it is.

Kairetsu

If you complete the whole equipments changes and stuff, you should release the next patch so I could test any potential bug faster. Hopefully there's none, lol.

Madeen

I thought monsters already had high hp?

I'm fine with it as long as its still fun.  Spending half an hour to kill a lamia at low level isnt.

High hp is alright as long as you can still debuff them. (poison, doom..?)

Kuro

Quote from: Madeen on September 24, 2018, 03:49:00 am
I thought monsters already had high hp?

I'm fine with it as long as its still fun.  Spending half an hour to kill a lamia at low level isnt.

High hp is alright as long as you can still debuff them. (poison, doom..?)

Yeh, don't worry the boosts are like from 40 to 60 HP more, let's say you need an additional hit to kill them. However, I won't give them more until I tested if I really made Non-monster really stronger with the changes.

Then I'll release 0.9.5 with the changes, I lhope we don't need a 0.9.5.1 hotfix xD

Kuro

I released 0.9.5! And I'm tired lol I was starting to hate to open the hex editor. Along with the changes you knew I, for third time, revised equipment availability and I'm worried some might freeze the game but they are soo cool. Like Ninja using Knuckles or Paladin using Maces.

Ravager gets Dual Wield, let's see if it freezes as well XD I'm very satisfied with the changes but I just checked them once, unless I was very lucky this time maybe some stats are not equal to the list I made. Please, let me know if you find numerical errors.

The list seems a mess, I'll fix tomorrow

Kairetsu

1. You need to change "Gift Box" equipment type and property from "Grenade" to "Accessory" or else it will cause crash when enemy is using it.

053FDE80 = 14 (old) >> 23 (new)

053FDEA4 = 11 08 (old) >> 20 00 (new)

I tested it. Now, it should work flawlessly.

2. Sequencer and Peytral used to have "Attack/Defense improved under certain condition" text in the description. You need to bring them back because those equipment still receive stats bonus from Opportunity Command whether you like it or not. So, might as well put the description back to its original state.  ;)

-Sequencer: 053FC132 = 00 (old) >> 52 (new)
-Peytral: 053FEC2A = 00 (old) >> 53 (new)

3. I couldn't find Dual Wield for Ravager everywhere. Even if it exist, Dual Wield cause crash when Gria tries to use it. I tested it.

Kuro

1. Thanks, you saved me tiresome testing xD

2. I have my theory. They don't receive anymore because we have our save games with the points in Attack/Defense already stacked. So, if we get it after battle with Red King with this patch it will not accumulate additional points. Need testing :P

3. Tsk, shame. Well, I look forward for more reports! I hope everything else is fine.

Edit: Found Excalibur and Arch Sword slightly wrong values.

Kairetsu

Hmm... I guess that possibility does exist...
In that case, I will start fresh new file and see if Sequencer and Peytral get bonus stats or not.

Kuro

"I shall wait your return, but beware that I don't conceive failure even in my darkest dreams, good luck~"

Fixed:
Arch Sword
Excalibur
Cachusa
Marduk

If you find something else let me know.

Kairetsu

1. Potion has weird effect. I didn't check the ability editor yet. But, when Luso tried to use it on himself, the damage estimation was 1. When the moogle used it, it was 42. Definitely something is weird here.

2. Green Dominion is... a little bit severe. Cure heals for 70. And all of them can cast it. I was able to win ONLY by turning the Moogle and Nu Mou into Black Mage for maximum aoe damage. Maybe, it's better to limit the Cure on 2 units only. The other 2 Green Mages can get offensive skills instead.

Kuro

1. Probably because I used it as a win button xD

2. True, I'll just take Cure off of two of them.

You don't really need to start again to test it. I mean, you could just simply start and use some cheats to get sequencer <.< Unless you want to test the whole thing again.

Kairetsu

Okay, after starting new file and rushing to Red King and Blue King (with cheat, of course).
- Sequencer = 52 ATK
- Peytral = 41 DEF

I am positive that I only used 1 Opportunity Command before then. As you can see, both of them have +1 stat bonus. This means you should bring back their original description and slightly decrease their starting ATK and DEF. I believe the bonus are capped at +99. With your current Sequencer starting ATK, it will max at 51+99 = 150 ATK. Probably a little bit too high. Maybe decrease it a little?

Kuro

Pfft, I don't like at all that one weapon and armor can be best over time. It might be fun if I could control the pace of grow and now I lost one slot...

Sequencer might be a Greatsword with range 1. 92 is my cap so 99 Atk Weapon seems "okay" since it is a Unique weapon. Edit: Better I just make Sequencer two-handed but still a Knightsword.

Peytral might be an armor 99 Defense but in that case I will raise Armor Tier 1 stats to balance them. Just letting Peytral be slightly better.

I'll update 0.9.5.2 after these changes. Potion fixed already.

Kuro

I just want to say that I modified every story mission: They have higher ranks (Last is 66 instead of 52), higher levels, new equipment (Gift Boxs everywhere c: They allow me to give Illua a passive like Reveal), new skills. I didn't touch Laws for now. Also few more missions in early-game got new levels and laws. Plus I have a question for you guys to help me if you want.

What would be a nice reward to spice up region cups? I'm going to make them harder. Since summons are disabled, (aren't they? o.o I never used them lol) I could make those accesories give unique stats.