• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:05:00 am

Tutorials

Started by Xifanie, May 27, 2008, 05:04:47 pm

Xifanie

May 27, 2008, 05:04:47 pm Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 06:54:51 pm by Xifanie
- Attach as a text file (.txt) or just post the following information

Quote from: "Format"Tutorial Name
Systems: PSX, PSP or ALL
Author name

HTML (auto line breaks)
Quote from: "GOOD Example"Replacing Sprites in the Formation Screens
PSX
Lydyn

Opened Sprite Editor
Sprite Editor: File -> Open: UNIT.BIN

Note: Shishi's Sprite Editor comes with the latest version of FFT Patcher and when opening the UNIT.BIN file, simply type "UNIT.BIN" (without quotes) in the text field when it asks you which file you want to open and then click open.

Sprite Editor: Palette -> Save: .PAL File (1_1.PAL)
Sprite Editor: File -> Open: .SPR File
Sprite Editor: Palette -> Save: .PAL File (1_2.PAL)
Sprite Editor: File -> Export: .BMP File (1_2.BMP)
[...]
Quote from: "BAD Example"Applying a patch
Lydyn
PSX

First get CD Mage Beta- http://ftp.uevora.pt/pub/Mirrors/CDmage ... 02-1B5.rar

Use it to open your image file (.img) and extract the SCUS_942.21 and BATTLE.BIN files (BATTLE.BIN is used only when you change the GFX, or graphics image, of an ability, change the Font section of the FFT Patcher, or change around the Monster Skills.) and remember where you extract them too! Then open up the FFT Patcher and go up top and find the patch SCUS_942.21 and patch BATTLE.BIN options. Patch the appropiate files.
[...]
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Xeno3

November 13, 2008, 09:46:11 pm #1 Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 10:53:59 pm by Xeno3
importing a bmp into shishi sprite editor
shishi
Xeno3

Open Shishi sprite editor
Shishi: File -> Open: .SPR file
Shishi: File -> Export
Shishi: Export -> Save .BMP(1-1.BMP)
Exit Shishi

Open image editor
Image editor: File -> Open: .BMP(1-1.BMP)
Image editor: *
Image editor: Open your custom sprite
Image editor: Match the colors from your custom sprite with 1-1.BMP
Image editor: Close your custom sprite
Image editor: File -> Save

Open Shishi sprite editor
Shishi: File -> Open: .SPR file
Shishi: File -> Import
Shishi: Import -> .BMP(1-1.BMP)
Shishi: File -> Save
Exit Shishi

* here is where it depends on what image editor your using this step differs greatly from image editor to image editor. but the point is to find out how to open the color palette to be able to see all the colors that are being used by the .BMP files.

Well that's my tutorial if I left anything out or if it needs improvements please let me know so I can correct them.

Xifanie

November 13, 2008, 10:30:28 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
I'm not even sure what this is.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Xeno3

November 13, 2008, 10:54:39 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xeno3
>_< it's a tutorial on how to import bmp files into shishi, well I thought this would be a good tut as I basically had to ask zozma to hold my hand through the process, so to help out future noobs like me, I thought I'd make a tutorial.

Vanya

January 08, 2009, 05:56:21 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Editing Effect File Graphics:
All
Vanya

here's a step-by-step explanation of how to do this.

1) Open your effect file in TileMolester. (it can be downloaded from Romhacking.net or Zophar's Domain.)

2) Click on the view menu. Go to the Codec option and click on "8bpp linear".

3) Next click on the view menu again and go to the mode option. Now click on "2-Dimensional". Now if you scroll down the image you'll be able to make out the form of the raw image in the effect file.

4) This is the most complicated part. now you have to figure out where the palette is located for the file that you opened.

First let me explain the rules for locating the palette as read from the Final Fantasy Tactics Investigative Project.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070124055559/http://www.m-l.org/~greerga/fft/

If the effect file is larger than 70KB (71,680B)...
-the last 64KB (65,536B) of the file is a raw image 256x256 pixels.
-the palette is 1028B before the start of the raw image.
-the offset for the palette = the size of the file in bytes minus 66,564 bytes.
-NOTE to view the image correctly for files of this size you have to expand the width of the canvas to 32 instead of 16.

If the effect file is larger than 34KB (34816B) but smaller than 70KB...
-the last 32KB (32,768B) of the file is a raw image 128x256 pixels.
-the palette is 1028B before the start of the raw image.
-the offset for the palette = the size of the file in bytes minus 33,796 bytes.

If the effect file is smaller than 34KB (34816B)...
-the last 15,872B of the file is a raw image 128 pixels wide.
-the palette is 512B before the start of the raw image.
-the offset for the palette = the size of the file in bytes minus 16KB (16384B).

As an example take E161.BIN (Wish)
I'm editing it to make it look less like Esuna.

Size: 51,336B
Palette offset: 51,336B - 33,796B = 17,540B

5) Import the palette from the file. Click on the Palette menu and go to the "Import From..." option. Click on "This File...". This will open the "Import internal Palette" dialogue. In the box marked "Offset" type in the location we got for the palette. In this cast it's '17540'. Where it says "Size" always type 512 because it always used a 256-color palette with 2 bytes for each entry. then click OK and you're ready to edit!! =)

6) Make your changes. Save or Save As... You now have a brand spankin' new effect!! Woohoo!!!!!!! =)

Be warned the program is kinda finicky when undoing stuff so be careful and save often. Also, you can open multiple files to copy over stuff! =)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Llednar

February 02, 2009, 06:08:37 pm #5 Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 09:48:44 am by Llednar
Starting up Lioneditor
PSP
Llednar

I am a beginner and had trouble doing this, so I decided it would be wise to put a step-by-step tutorial on how to do this.  Also I think you need to have Custom Firmware, but this is assuming you already have it.

1.  First go to the FFhacktics home page, click on miscellanious donwloads, then scroll down to the bottom to FFTpatcher.  This brings up a google page.

2.  Next save both the most recent FFPatcher (for later) and save the lioneditor, preferably in a place they can be found easily.

3.  Extract the files from each zipped folder.

4.  Double-click the Lioneditor.exe in the Lioneditor Folder.

5.  If you computer asks you if you want to run it hit Run.

6.  Connect your psp via a Usb cord to your computor, and go to settings (on the psp), go up to connect to USB, hit it, and wait for the computor to read the PSP
7.  Next click the button on the top right corner of the lioneditor.

8.  Check the different removable disk drives until you find your psp.

9.  Highlight the drive and hit OK

10.  Now go back to the PSP and turn it off.  Hold R as you turn it back on so it brings up the recovery menu.  Go to plugins and enable the savehook plugin that should be there.  Go to FFT: WOTL and Load a save file as if you were just playing an average game.

11. Save your game once your file is up.  The save should take a few moments longer than usual.  This is because the save hook in the Lioneditor is attaching itself to your game as result of your save.

12.  Go back to the PSP main menu and redo the USB connection.
Go to the button on the top left that has a file with a memory stick in front of it.

13.  Hit it, and select the removable disk drive that your PSP is hooked up too.

14.  The Lioneditor will open your first save file on the memory stick, but using a drop down menu in the center top of the screen, you can select other save files.

15.  Edit to your hearts content! :D

Lioneditor allows you to pick any character in your party and custimize it.  For example, I have a level 45 female ninja,
I can change it from a ninja sprite to clentienne
because I selected a character with a unique job, the generic squire job is replaced with clentienne's sorceror.
I change the gender from female to male
I change the job to sorceror.  I give it black magick secondary abilities, magick counter reaction command, MP shield, and Fly.
I give him a zeus mace, lordly robe, celebrants miter, and magepower gloves.
I give him 700 hp, 400 MP, and make him level 99.  
Now I am playing as an Uber Clentienne.

PM me or just tell me if there are any issues.  Or ask someone else...  Happy Editing!

Xifanie

February 02, 2009, 10:12:29 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Added:
- importing a bmp into shishi sprite editor
- Editing Effect File Graphics
- Starting up Lioneditor

SentinalBlade

February 02, 2009, 10:20:20 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Zodiac Xeno3's tutorial is from last year...novemeber...of last year...

its outdated now xD

Xeno3

March 16, 2009, 11:32:09 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xeno3
how sad that it was only added a year later >_< but if you can  feel free to update it SentinalBlade ^_~

FFMaster

April 04, 2009, 03:41:53 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
FFTastic and World Debug
Useful for people wanting to test out their patch in a controlled enviroment.

Requires - All can be found here - http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/download.php?id=2348
MemcardRex0.2b
FFTastic1.44
fftstatsv14.xls
PEC 2.5

~Converting save file to a format that FFTastic accepts~
Open MemcardRex
MemcardRex: File -> Open: save file (normally .mcr file)
MemcardRex: File -> Save as -> .gme file
Exit MemcardRex

~Editing units~
Open FFTastic
FFTastic: File -> Open: .gme file
FFTastic: Edit units (you must use fftstatsv14.xls to calculate raw stats)
FFTastic: File -> Save
Exit FFTastic

***NOTE: Do NOT remove Ramza. Doing so can cause major bugs in the game, such as freezing***
You need to convert the .gme back to .mcr to be able to use it.

~World Debug~
Open PEC
PEC: File -> User Database
PEC: Add Cheat
   World debug
   D0198090 0000
   80198090 0006
PEC: Tick "World Debug"
PEC: Click "OK"

Open ePSXe
ePSXe: Config -> Video -> Set video plugin to "psx emulation cheater 2.5"
ePSXe: Configure plugin
ePSXe: Run FFT
ePSXe: Load save file
PEC: Click "Send Cheats to Plugin"
ePSXe: Move Cursor to "Move" option. It should now point at a blank area
ePSXe: Hit Confirm (normally Circle). Choose a map between 001-116 (the rest are very glitchy)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Smitson

May 19, 2009, 08:57:31 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
Is there an event editing one around anywhere?

Xifanie

May 19, 2009, 09:02:24 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
No. personally I don't see the need for one. Just read the readme, use the Event Instructions page on the site and ask any questions to fellow such as I, Cheetah, Zozma, Kokojo or Lasting_Dawn.

mav

September 12, 2009, 06:11:35 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
How To Fix Portraits in GraphicsGale
ALL
Mav

Xifanie

September 12, 2009, 06:54:09 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Added:
- How To Fix Portraits in GraphicsGale

Removed:
- importing a bmp into shishi sprite editor

Jon

December 14, 2009, 02:32:14 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jon
Ummm-is my guide okay??

Guide to Unit Creation
So everyone, here it is, the guide on how to replace Gafgarion the Dark Knight (the guest version) with your very own unique character. Don't worry, Gaffy will still be in the game as normal, only when he is in your party for those 2 story missions he might appear funny in the menu formation screen -he will be alright in battle- this is normal and a very small sacrafice you will need to make, sorry. However, now you can play some unit you created :) Under File, open up both the UNIT.BIN and WLDFACE.BIN that we extracted earlier with the CDMage. So in UNIT.BIN find under Character 0D Gaffgarion. Under Actions at the bottom, Import both the BMP and PAL of your Menu character and then Save File. Now go to WLDFACE.BIN and find Gaffy under 0D Gaffgarion (again) and Import the BMP and PAL of your portrait, then Save File.

6)Back to CDMage
Now that we have all sprites good and ready, it is time to upload the new UNIT.BIN and WLDFACE.BIN to the .iso/.img of FFT. Open up this time the .cue file of your .iso/.img and again find the EVENT folder under Track 1. Now one by one, select first UNIT.BIN and right click and Import File UNIT.BIN and next WLDFACE.BIN, right click and do the same. Close CDMage when done.

7)FFTacText
Details, details, details...well we are gonna do this correctly, right? Open FFTacText and then ISO>Import either PSX or PSP ISO and well I think you know what to do. For me the FFTacText Editor takes like 30 seconds to open, patience is a virtue... Select Text at the top and choose QuickEdit to save us some precious time. Now this is the part where I am gonna make us a Red Mage, so if you want something else, just replace it. Hmm, so the first thing under the QuickEdit is the JobDescritptions, scroll down the list until you find 23 Dark Knight. This is the Guest version of Gafgarion's Dark Knight, and since we will later replace all Gaffys with the enemy one(don't panic, he won't attack you until the waterfall!), this Dark Knight is practically free for us to edit. In the box I will write something like:

The Red Mage uses both destructive{Newline}
and recuperative magic. He cannot{Newline}
use final magic, however.

Now change to JobNames and scroll down once again to 23 Dark Knight. Change it to Red Mage. After this, under SkillsetNames, this may seem strange, but we are not gonna use Dark Sword (mainly because I have no idea which one is which-guest or enemy), but rather change Dycedarg's Swordskill to Red Magic, because we can give Dycedarg Orlandu's All Swordskill later in one click. Now find 70 Sword Skill and rename it Red Magic. Under SkillsetDescriptions, scroll down again and replace 70 to read something like:

Red Mage Job command. Uses both{Newline}
black and white magic.

In JobRequirements, type the same thing you have for JobDescriptions (36 this time) but add under the text the conditions for job change:

The Red Mage uses both destructive{Newline}
and recuperative magic. He cannot{Newline}
use final magic, however.{Newline}
No conditions for job change.

I didn't give any requirements for job change, but you can if you want, naturally. Alright, now that in theory your whole new job is totally complete in name, there is just one thing left to do. Go back up to the top and make the drop down bar under Text appear, select ATTACK.OUT. You should see Unit names, scroll down to 23 Gafgarion and rename this to your very own custom name, probably your own name or something like Aeris or Bartz or whatever, it doesn't matter. This will make your own character's name appear in game 8)FFTPatcher
Save the best for last. We need to do a lot here so read on carefully. 1st File>New PSX/PSP patch. Now I am guessing and assuming most of you out there have already played around with the mechanics of FFT, if not, no problem too. Alright, click the Jobs tab. Find 17 Dark Knight, this is our job we created. Since this is a Red Mage, I am gonna copy the info of 1F Temple Knight, because I figure a Red Mage is both magically and physically strong, and Beowulf's job seems to fit that just right. I cannot help you too much here because I am not a mind reader ;)
I hope this helps everyone who wants a custom character. Please feel free to comment/ask questions.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

MasterGrand

can you please upload PalSuite3 here  because i search but i can't find it,  i'm really tired for search ):

Thanks advance
Let's be together !!

Lijj

April 30, 2010, 06:16:59 pm #16 Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 03:42:35 am by Lijj
Concise GIF Making tutorial

You'll need: Shi-shi's(r04 always recommended), Magnifixer, and Photoshop.      Get those here:       viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5084 {Not Photoshop}
╔SET UP~
Open Shishi's and load your BMP go to frame 9; we'll make a front walking example. Set Magnifixer to the desired magnification. Now move mouse over the frame viewer in Shi-shi's and hit Control F to set it in place. {It's usually set to follow the arrow on mouse} Control F selects from 'Fixed Location' or 'Follow Cursor'

Now when you scroll frames they should also be viewable in Magnifixer's Window..
╔STEP 1~
Now hit Prt Scr Click into Photoshop and hit Control-N (new) and Control-V (paste) and capture frame 9. Click back into Shi-shi's Scroll to frame 10 and hit Prt Scr again then click back into Photoshop and hit Control-V again. Repeat this until all 5 frames have been posted.

╔STEP 2~
Delete the Background layer. It should look like this:

Now invert the layer order so they are 1-5 top to bottom {disregard the fact mine will be 0-4 instead of 1-5} then right click on layer 4 (2nd from the bottom) and select Duplicate Layer ... move it to the bottom (after layer five), then Duplicate Layer 3 and put it at the bottom. And lastly Duplicate Layer 2 and put it at the bottom. Make sure all frames are visible and select the top frame; it should look like this:

╔STEP 3~
Naow crop it using M (marquee select tool) and Image/Crop

╔STEP 4~
In the Animation window click on the arrow in the corner and select make frames from layers. Select all frames in the Animation window to set the speed(use shift select then change all frames at once).

╔STEP 5~
Now Save for Web and Devices Under File And Save it as a GIF. You're done.
ЛИЖЪ

Lijj

May 02, 2010, 06:22:24 pm #17 Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 09:11:51 pm by Lijj
Example of what just happened:

formerdeathcorps

Troubleshooting Downloaded Programs

TacText

Good Practices:
Save often.
Before you patch anything, save.
Once you have a non-glitched TacText file, never use reimport ISO to override the file you have established.  Also, patch anything to a clean ISO with TacText (even a seemingly blank, newly generated TacText file)!

The DTE for "XXXXX.YYY" has failed.  The ISO was not modified.
Causes:
Your ISO is unclean, has already been patched by FFTacText, or you applied a PPF from a hack that applied TacText.
Solutions:
Try to patch the text to a clean ISO.  If it doesn't work, go to the file that doesn't work for you, click on the restore ISO button, and reference your clean ISO.  Files that commonly do this are JOBS.LZW, BATTLE.BIN, ATTACK.OUT, SPELL.MES, and WLDHELP.LZW.  Once you click the restore ISO button, all the information in the file will be restored back to the PSX defaults, which you'll have to manually change.
Note, by importing FFT-C, and by applying the above method, you can insert WoTL text into the PSX version.

Object Reference not set to an object.
Causes:
You added so much extra information you exceeded the maximum size of a given file.
Solutions:
Delete things you aren't using.  Seriously, the game has a lot of "no messages" or "none" or "empty", which you can delete.  Plus, if you won't be using something, you can certainly delete it as well (like Japanese text).

2 character replacement ("on" by "in" as in Summoner => Summiner)
Causes:
You applied your patch while your emulator was running or you imported an older version of the same file with CD Mage.
Solutions:
Do not panic.  Do not re-import from your patched ISO.  Close your emulator and CD Mage and apply your TacText again.  To safeguard against this, make sure you always upload your latest copies of all files modified by TacText to your computer's filesystem (so you don't import old versions with CD Mage).  Note, patching with FFTPatcher while the emulator is open will have the same effect.

Patcher

IO Error Occurred.
Causes:
You have ShiShi or CD Mage open.
Solutions:
Close ShiShi or CD Mage.

102 is not a valid value for 457 on PSP.
Causes:
ShiShi 457 does not patch the PSP version because it increments to 102%.
Solutions:
Use an earlier version or use 466, which fixed it.

Long Stream of error text (object not referenced, .lua files cannot be opened...)
Causes:
Varied.  Usually because you don't have .NET framework 2.0, you tried to patch a PSX patch to PSP or vice-versa, or you tried to patch an old .Patcher file (pre-457) on the most recent version of the Patcher.
Solutions:
Install the latest .NET framework (you have to install them all in sequential order) and just pay attention to PSX/PSP/version differences.

PSP Version freezes after patched by Patcher.
Causes:
Varied.  It's known that crystals with skills not belonging to the original class mess up the game.  Other known ENTD and event problems are known.
Solutions:
No good workaround.

Unit classes either don't know/know more moves than they have learned or have inexplicable slowdowns on spells.
Causes:
This one is difficult to explain, but it's known that you shouldn't try to modify the throw, jump, item, mimic, draw out, geomancy skillsets of either you or the AI controlled units.
Solutions:
If you really want to know, see my explanation here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4868.

Changes made WORLD.BIN or to bar propositions don't work.
Causes:
Incorrect coding in version 457/466.
Solutions:
None outside of hex editing.

Can't set bomb class to have one of the "small bomb" attacks.
Causes:
The code can't properly differentiate between the three skills.
Solutions:
None outside of hex editing.

Weapon sprites, if modified, do not appear correctly in battle.
Causes:
Patcher does not modify that area in BATTLE.BIN
Solutions:
Outside of hex editing, none.

Enemies won't load my custom colors.
Causes:
The game hard-code checks each battle.
Solutions:
Zodiac's ASM hack can be found here: http://zodiac.ffhacktics.com.  Apply with orgASM after editing Zodiac's xml file in 457 to include it.

Not all units show up in the battle I hacked, or like very glitchy.
Causes:
You had more than 9 sprites in one battle scene or more than 11 units assigned to the enemy.
Solution:
No known workaround for the sprite maximum.  The second can be fixed by with the same hack by Zodiac as above.

orgASM

Certain hacks don't do what they say.
Causes:
See viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1785&start=760.
Solutions:
See viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5132.

PSP will not load my hack!  Neither will my real PSX machine.
Causes:
You applied an ASM hack that used a jump command.
Solutions:
Get a clean ISO and apply each of the steps manually.

ShiShi

Cannot import sprite; IO error.
Causes:
Emulator or CD Mage is open.
Solutions:
Close CD Mage or your emulator.

Cannot import sprite; massive string of text.
Causes:
Varied.  You either tried import a non-FFT ISO/BIN/CUE, you didn't install NET 2.0 for 457 or 3.5 for 478/466, or you tried to change the first dragon BMP (same problem as small bomb).
Solutions:
Make sure you import a FFT ISO/BIN.  Install up to NET 3.5 (remember to install sequentially).  To load better-looking dragons, just modify the second dragon BMP and fix references in FFTPatcher.

Cannot import sprite on PSP; incorrect sprite size.
Causes:
457's ShiShi won't do this.  The same will occur on PSX if you use an earlier version of ShiShi for PSX sprites.
Solutions:
478/466's fusion might.  Earlier versions (352) will.

Cannot dump all non-sprites.
Causes:
% bar refuses to budge from incorrect coding.
Solutions:
None so far, but I'm working on it.

Game text loaded by images (like Alazam text) looks separated along a line when compared to the actual game.
Causes:
Just the way ShiShi displays it.  No real problem.
Solutions:
N/A, but be aware of this when changing such text GIFs.

pSXfin

Cuebin/read out of limit errors keep popping up when events load.
Causes:
Your ISO was expanded ShiShi (version 457+).  This has no effect, though.
Solutions:
N/A

I cannot see my debugger.
Causes:
You do not have pSXrel downloaded or you have settings that made the debugger appear with size 0.
Solutions:
Download pSXrel.  In pSX.ini, you must have all stuff referencing pSXrel deleted.

PPF-O-Matic

The specially modified sprites in this hack are gone!
Causes:
You patched a PPF file from a ShiShi 457+ expanded ISO onto a "clean" ISO that had not had such expansion.
Solutions:
Delete the messed up ISO and apply your PPF over an ISO that is completely clean except expansion by ShiShi 457+ or Zodiac's 700 MB size expansion hack.

My real pSX won't load my file.
Causes:
Your PPF is for a ShiShi 457+ expanded ISO.
Solutions:
Use an earlier version of ShiShi that doesn't automatically expand the ISO.

ePSXe

QuoteThere are some bugs like black world map, abilities display problem (every line in each page is full of abilities eventhough it should't, for example a reaction page is full of action abilities after the correct reaction ones)
Causes:
You have the wrong plug-ins.
Solutions:
You need the plug-ins from here: http://www.pbernert.com/html/gpu.htm#OPENGL.

Ganesha

Cannot open program.
Causes:
Varied.  You either didn't install NET 3.5, or you tried to load a faulty map file.
Solutions:
Make sure you load only the complete maps (the ones Zodiac installed uploaded on the main page).  Be sure to also Install up to NET 3.5 (remember to install sequentially if you didn't install 2.0 and 3.0).

My modified map looks wrong in the actual game.
Causes:
Polygons not originally in the game won't be added correctly.
Solutions:
None known, but gomtuu is working on it.

EDIT: I'd rather this be a sticky in the Help Forum.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Jon

Tutorial Name: Character Creation Tutorial
Systems: PSX (and maybe PSP, untested)
Author name: Jon

(Also a side note: I am extremely thorough, I played up to the part when you first encounter Velius and Simon DOES remain the same! His sprite remains unaltered, making the guide flawless.)
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!