• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:42:54 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Petition to add a SaGa Frontier Hacking sub-board to the Hacking board

Started by Pickle Girl Fanboy, January 02, 2012, 01:32:36 pm

Do you want a SaGa Frontier Hacking sub-board, under the Hacking board?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
5 (35.7%)
Yes, but only if a lot of other people want it too
5 (35.7%)
I don't care
4 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Please explain the rationale behind your vote.

Right now, we have working, cross-platform spreadsheets to edit item data, ability data, and mystic absorbs.

I dumped all four of the initial character data tables last night, and am trying to figure out the best way to represent them in a spreadsheet, so we can edit starting character stuff, starting items, and maybe some other things, since there's a lot I don't know about the INITDATA.BIN files.

While I was screwing around, I searched for the monster form tables Zaraktheus compiled, and I found them - we can now edit the requirements for the various monster forms, as well as the form selected with each entry.

And, last, but not least, we can technically edit the monsters/monster forms, but it's incredibly tedious, due to Square's idiotic coding practices.  Not to fear, though, we can use FFTOrgASM to overcome this, but coding a spreadsheet which can generate FFTOrgASM XML is currently beyond my time and abilities, plus we'll have to actually dump the monster/monster form data from all 255 monsters - another doable but tedious project, which will be immeasurably easier if we could have different people work on it incrementally, when they can.

We currently can't edit the scenario or battle scripting systems (embedded scripting languages, understandable only to someone with MIPS 3000 knowledge, for which we have zero specifications).

We can conceivably turn many of the gameshark codes Zaraktheus reverse-engineered into hacks, though I haven't tried yet, because I can't get the PCSX-R RAM viewer to work, and neither can I make pSX 1.13 work - for Linux, or the Windows version via Wine.  If I have access to a Windows machine, I'll know if I can turn them into hacks within an hour.

What we really need is a single location to hold all this stuff,  where we can come together, make and host hacks and mods, and improve/expand what we can hack.  Which is why I'm making this poll.

I voted "Yes, but only if a lot of other people want it too".

Glain

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

Pickle Girl Fanboy

IIRC, either Xifanie or Eternal said that they'd allow a sub-board for a game, if there was an editor for it.

MasterGrand

Let's be together !!

Eternal

Vetoing this. There's simply not enough content for it to be worth a board. Besides, we're FFT modders, that is our primary focus. Non-FFT Mods isn't meant to be a big board or have individual sections.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817