• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:58:27 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[Old] Zorlin Shape Poaching bug? (1.01c Beta)

Started by ashizen, November 27, 2012, 09:08:28 pm

ashizen

November 27, 2012, 09:08:28 pm Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 07:12:54 am by Dome
I had a Lancer wield zorlin shape with secret hunt ability. No matter how many monsters i killed, they would never get poached.
I turned her into a Knight and now she's using defender, poach on first kill.
Is this perhaps intentional? zorlin shape poaching would is pretty abusable, but I just don't see it mentioned anywhere.

Eternal

Pretty sure Dome gave Knives a new formula that doesn't work with Poach. Any non-Knife weapon should work though.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

RavenOfRazgriz

Weapons with a formula that is not 0X DMG_[Weapon] cannot be used to poach.  Dome made Knives use the SP*WP Formula so they cannot Poach and are subject to Catch. 

They still retain their original formula on any skill that itself references the original weapon's formula, if any exist in FFT: Plus still, and using those skills should result in a successful Poach regardless of weapon if my memory is correct.

Dome

Actually, Knives are back to their old formula
Zorlin Shape's formula, however, is different: it deals damage equal to your lost hp
The description should say it's not suited for Poaching

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"