• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:17:55 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[Old] Importing Sprites into FFT+

Started by MidnightManifesto, July 29, 2012, 09:30:15 pm

MidnightManifesto

July 29, 2012, 09:30:15 pm Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 07:10:16 am by Dome
Hello, i'm new to the site and want to experience the FFH experience.  I've very excited to try out FFT+ but i'm having problems inserting my custom ramza sprite in the patched game.  When I try to open FFT+ with CDMage it says the file length does not match sector boundry, and when I try loading it via Shishi nothing happens.  Is there a way I can import my sprites or am I stuck?

Thanks

Dome

I used Shishi to import the custom sprites O_o
I don't know why it isn't working...
Tried downloading the latest version of the file?

P.s: Welcome to FFH, where all your dreams come true!

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

RavenOfRazgriz

It's because you padded your Vanilla ISO with 00s to make it equal to a post-ShiShi converted ISO before making your PPF, Dome.  Being unable to open patched ISOs in ShiShi and CDMage is a side effect of that method.

MidnightManifesto, expand your Vanilla ISO in ShiShi then apply FFT+.  This sometimes fixes the problem when dealing with patches that make their .PPF files in this manner, but I can't guarantee it to always work.

MidnightManifesto

I tried your Idea RavenOfRazgriz but it didn't work.  It just says the file is in use and won't let me patch.  I also tried inputting the sprites in a clean ISO and then patching it but the patch just put the regular sprites back in.

Ps.  Thanks Dome, looking forward to a new and fresh FFT experience.

Dome

Quote from: MidnightManifesto on July 30, 2012, 09:07:26 am
Ps.  Thanks Dome, looking forward to a new and fresh FFT experience.

:-)
Just remember that the version that you are going to play isn't the final one
1.02 is being worked on, and will implement much more stuff to further balance the gameplay while removing bugs/glitches
Oh, and add more Hard Deep Dungeon fights if you are an hardcore player

MidnightManifesto

Looking forward to it, vanilla FFT was quite easy to play.

Dome

While it will never be something like FFT: Battletoads edition, I assure you Plus won't be as easy as Vanilla
Especially if you decide to challenge the Deep Dungeon