• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:14:06 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Now Playing

Started by Cheetah, April 03, 2008, 09:31:33 am

Vanya

October 10, 2009, 12:24:12 am #540 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Just beat Castlevania (NES) again. Dracula can be quite a bitch in this game if one looses his head.
Started Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest (NES). I so want to hack this game.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Luminar

October 10, 2009, 06:16:34 am #541 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Luminar
MagnaCarta II  :wink:

Mental_Gear

October 10, 2009, 06:38:19 am #542 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mental_Gear
flOw. It got a trophy patch.

Dominic NY18

October 10, 2009, 11:54:35 pm #543 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
Currently going for all of the endings in Chrono Trigger DS. I just did the newest optional ending and I liked the tie-in with Chrono Cross. The boss is probably the hardest in the game though.

And LOL @ how ridiculous Robo's Apocalypse Arm is (new weapon). Apocalypse Arm + Dragon's Tear (new accessory) = good chance for instant 9999 damage. Not even the new boss can withstand it.

Vanya

October 11, 2009, 02:31:46 am #544 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
I was on that mission a few months ago, but then my SD card with all my game saves decided to delete itself.
Now I'm waiting until I feel like playing through it again.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Dominic NY18

October 11, 2009, 06:55:58 pm #545 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
Now that sucks. And I know how you feel about not feeling like play it for now. I bought the game last year when it first came out, but I'm just now getting around to finishing it because I didn't feel like playing it after awhile for some reason.

I'm probably going to fight the secret boss over again because the Apocalypse Arm made the fight too easy.

Samuraiblackbelt

October 19, 2009, 06:35:09 pm #546 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Samuraiblackbelt
finally got some new games, it's been over a year. now playing Resistance:fall of man and Ninja Gaiden Sigma

I think Resistance: fall of man is a great game, the story is addicting, but the gameplay is nothing special, being an FPS that's to be expected, but call of duty and halo did have better ways of doing levels and what you had to do to clear the level

Ninja Gaiden is a good game, I like the gameplay but the story is lacking, and the historical inaccuracies of the samurais bug me :)
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

philsov

October 19, 2009, 06:54:04 pm #547 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
wizardry: tales of the forsaken land.

I'm a pretty big fan of the series, <3 dungeon crawlers.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

LastingDawn

October 19, 2009, 08:07:11 pm #548 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well I just finished up an old SNES game called "Arcana" , I had no idea this game existed until I was watching some of HC Bailly's really old videos, it seems he planned to have a full Let's Play of it, but it's... not really Let's Play material... he quit halfway through the Ice Mine. But it's a very fun game! It holds up rather well, the story... eh... but the gameplay is great! Classic 3D type Dungeon Crawling, with Enormous dungeons, very balanced set of foes, and while I do have a problem with the way Equipment worked (far too linear with that...) the battle system itself was Solid.

The character you control is a "card master", (pretty unique for the SNES days) he can control spirits and use magic cards, all enemies fall into the category of one of the five elements, Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, None.What is very unique about the system is the "spirit system" each of the four spirits of the elements eventually join your party, and you can switch them out midbattle on the Card Master's turn without his turn being taken, so say you want to take a group of Fire Creatures out faster, switch out to the Water spirit, and have her use either a water spell, or turn your parties element to Water, so the Fire creatures will do less damage, a great game and not all that long either. If anyone here is an RPG enthusiast that loves dungeons crawling this game has my Full suggestion to play.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

PX_Timefordeath

October 19, 2009, 08:11:18 pm #549 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Heroes of Newerth

$$$Voldemort

philsov

October 19, 2009, 08:21:09 pm #550 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
QuoteWell I just finished up an old SNES game called "Arcana"

<3

my cult-classic of SNES.  Also, Darwin's a hoss :D

LastingDawn

October 19, 2009, 08:48:18 pm #551 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Haha! You know that you're awesome when you have a Theme music (on an SNES game!) that follows you everywhere.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Skip Sandwich

October 19, 2009, 08:50:02 pm #552 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
Wonder Project J2 - I recently found out about the translation patch, and since I enjoyed the first wonder project game, I decided to give this one a go, so far it's pretty neat, still just a frustrating when you're trying to teach your robot how to, for example, use a mop, and she decides to eat the damn thing instead (in the first game, I about punched a hole in my keyboard spamming the "bad robot!' button after he ate a cat instead of being nice to it like I wanted him to)
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Luminar

October 20, 2009, 06:55:42 am #553 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Luminar
growlanser generations: growlanser II  :wink:

Suikojin

October 23, 2009, 05:39:11 pm #554 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Suikojin
Playing....

Aion
MagnaCarta II
Dissidia
Xenogears

SilvasRuin

October 24, 2009, 11:02:12 am #555 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
I picked up Wild ARMs XF the other day off of the PSN.  I'm on the final chapter now.  I've barely been able to put the game down.  The story is mildly interesting, but it has some very stupid moments.  Relatively minor spoiler complaint:
I can't imagine someone being happy about learning they're involved in a pre-destination paradox, let alone six.

The gameplay though...  Wow.  It gives me a whole new perspective on how I want the job dynamics to be in my eventual FFT patch.  With each class having only four action abilities (usually), it makes sure that every single class has a role to play throughout the game.  Some classes are clearly more powerful and advanced than others, but the innate abilities and unique stat modifiers of each of them make absolutely certain that all of them are appealing for certain situations.Very few abilities are without good uses too.  (Though I dare anyone to explain to me how Exhaustion Strike is practically useful rather than just theoretically useful.)  The weapons and armors each have their own special roles to play as well, just like the classes.  Though... they might have gone overboard with the power of the generic swords.  (I understand that they have no gimmicks, but my goodness, do they have to outclass one of the main character's two-handed weapons?)

The level design is fantastic too.  Most of it seems very well planned with multiple ways the player can go depending on the abilities used.  Though be careful... you'll want some healthy mages or a guy with good climbing and possibly some revival items at the first swamp type level.  That last ledge can be a game breaker.  Speaking of setups, my numerous game overs were often quite unrelated to chance.  Rather... I failed to take something into account and properly prepare for it.  The difficulty curb doesn't seem too harsh, though there are stretches of the game that appeared very intimidating.

MiKeMiTchi

October 24, 2009, 11:26:22 am #556 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
QuoteHeroes of Newerth

Coolness.

mine: still DotA
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Mental_Gear

October 24, 2009, 11:56:59 am #557 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mental_Gear
I traded in a bunch of stuff to Gamestop, so in addition to 2 PS2 SMT RPGs (lol, acronyms) I'm playing Resident Evil 5, BioShock, Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 and Disgaea 3 on PS3. Should keep me going for ages, plus once I get my port forwarding set up I'll be playing GTA4 and Unreal Tournament III more.

philsov

October 26, 2009, 12:27:41 pm #558 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quote from: "LastingDawn"Haha! You know that you're awesome when you have a Theme music (on an SNES game!) that follows you everywhere.

Arcana's soundtrack is quite awesome (and advanced) for its time to boot.  

Started up another game of FFX.   Going three person party of Tidus/Yuna/Kimahri, no summons.  Early game is a fun kick against flans and eles without lulu -- lotta elemental weapon swapping and plenty of NulX's to go around.

Cheetah

October 26, 2009, 04:39:17 pm #559 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
I have spent the past month or so looking for "Ico" for PS2 and finally got it for a reasonable price. I have played it before but it is such an amazing game and is now kind of worth something.
Current Projects: