• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 12:48:05 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT Arena Season One Discussion Thread

Started by Eternal248, April 29, 2012, 04:20:29 am

Eternal

WHEN POSTING ABOUT A MATCH, USE SPOILERS. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN A DELETED POST.

That aside, this thread is used to discuss the battles as they happen. Point things out, critique the teams, share what you enjoyed, etc. As mentioned above, please use spoiler tags so as not to spoil those who haven't seen the matches yet.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

dacheat

I'm excited! Even if I don't do well it's still fun to watch everyone compete. :D

Will there be a losers bracket or is this one and done?

Dome

Loser bracket = More fights / Work for the host/s
I'd like to see them, but not if the amount of work is painfully big

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

dacheat

Yeah I figured as much. I could maybe host some scrimmages over the summer, but not right now.

Barren

And Best of luck to everyone who are in this tournament! Thank you everyone from FFHacktics who made the FFT Arena A.I. Season 1 tournament possible! :) We all love you (even dinosaur) XD
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

the frisky dingo

If dinosaur loves me Barren, then he needs to do me a favor and act like a piece of bacon!

Vigilanti

HAHA! Time for everyone to GET ON STATUS! I'm amp for this tournament, for real! Hope you all do good

Avalanche

Im happy the tournament start very soon, speaking of it: when will the first battles be recorded?

Barren

I'm not sure yet, we'll have to discuss it when the brackets are determined

skiploom188

Maybe I'll get some wins on my third try. Oh wait, this is just my second attempt. Uh oh.
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
======================================================================

formerdeathcorps

As it stands, 47 teams requires 17 first-round byes.  If we added one more late submission, 48 teams would only require 16 first-round byes.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Barren

If we don't have a 48th player registered, then that would suggest several byes.

Plus we'll have to structure the tourney like way back when Season 3 came around

the bracket would look like this: http://challonge.com/tournament/bracket_generator?ref=LYVDBOPQLE

Dynablade

If 47's all you got an having just another team in there would make it 48, how about some people come up with some random shit?
Unless you wanna go out and find a real 48th.

Whichever's easier, getting another guy or just plugging in a B team from someone else..

Dome

Let's create a randomly-generated team!

Barren

my choice for a 48th player would be RavenOfRazgriz

his team: Y U SO DERP

AeroGP

Just going to sabotage the whole tournament, eh? Sounds like fun. xD
Quote from: Tycho"There are a number of different factors impacting server connectivity on Xbox 360," the spokesperson said. "It is a particularly complex server architecture and we continue to work with Microsoft to improve connectivity."

I don't want to bolster any "violent gamer" tropes, but that statement makes me want to improve the connectivity of my front two knuckles with their esophagus.  I wonder how Brenna would respond if I told her that "fidelity" was complicated.

Dynablade

Another idea:

The 48th team should be a team of champions: Four winners of the previous tournaments create their own unit to form a team. Perhaps to make it interesting (and fair? considering how well versed with Arena the winners are), that team would only have to be defeated ONCE for the other squad to win.

Dunno, just trying to think of something that doesn't require wading through Slow, Stop, Poison, Blind, Don't Act, Death Sentence and Silence..

formerdeathcorps

April 29, 2012, 12:18:13 pm #17 Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 12:28:37 pm by formerdeathcorps
In theory, with 48 people, you only need 3 byes if you slightly change the order past the semi-final round.

Winner's Bracket:
Round 1
48 teams (24 winners, 24 to Round 1 Losers)
Round 2
24 teams (12 winners, 12 to Round 2 Losers)
Round 3
12 teams (6 winners, 6 to Round 3 Losers)
Round 4
6 teams (3 winners, 3 losers to Round 4 Losers)
Round 5
3 teams (1 bye to the team with the best overall Win / Loss, 1 winner, 1 Loser to Round 6 Losers)
Round 6:
1 + 1 = 2 teams (1 winner, 1 loser to Round 8 Losers)

Loser's Bracket:
Round 1
24 teams (12 winners, 12 eliminated)
Round 2
12 + 12 = 24 teams (12 winners, 12 eliminated)
Round 3
12 + 6 = 18 teams (9 winners, 9 eliminated)
Round 4
9 + 3 = 12 teams (6 winners, 6 eliminated)
Round 5
6 teams (3 winners, 3 eliminated)
Round 6
3 + 1 teams (2 winners, 2 eliminated)
Round 7
2 teams (1 winner, 1 eliminated)
Round 8
1 + 1 teams (1 winner, 1 eliminated)

Championship:
Best of 5
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Dome

48th team should be a team made of 4 Master-Squires called
We are
Rebels
Plotting
Rebellion

Dol

Quote from: Dome on April 29, 2012, 10:38:47 am
Let's create a randomly-generated team!

I sent a RNG chosen team to CT5Holy the other day.  Name/Gender/Job/2nd/r/s/m all randomized.  It wont be strong, but I think they would be amusing to watch.

I'd still rather have the late submission team as the 48th though.

*Edit* Although there is a minimum of byes in this bracket format, a semifinal bye seems a bit much.