• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 01:03:35 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Volunteers for Hosting

Started by Barren, March 17, 2012, 07:58:33 am

Barren

March 17, 2012, 07:58:33 am Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 08:04:17 am by Barren
Everything now covered and after all the exhibition videos I have done, now I need some people committed to hosting an FFT Arena A.I tournament. I know I can do it, but need others to help out. Whoever volunteers to help, please post here and we'll set up a meeting after this weekend to discuss rules and registration.

I'll also assign responsibilities to those who volunteered to do certain brackets or pick maps for brackets. If we have enough people we can do a loser's bracket and have what we did for the season 5 1.3 AI tourney and just have the winner of the winner's bracket face the winner of the loser's bracket for the championship or let the winner's bracket winner win it all while the loser's bracket winner finishes only in 2nd place.

Again please post here if you are available to host FFT Arena Season 6(1) A.I. tournament. Thank you for your support for those who watched every FFT Arena match and provided feedback for the patch. And thank FFMaster for making such a great tourney patch for all of us here in Final Fantasy Hacktics

(Also if anyone knows the password for FFHacktics Tournament Youtube Channel please PM me that as well, thanks again)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Gaignun

I can fill in for people.  I can even host if the existence of a loser's bracket hinges on my participation. 

Barren

We just need 1 or 2 more hosts for season 6 then we should be set. Otherwise I can start the registration page this week. If anyone want to discuss rules with me I'll be on IRC chat as well as Skype. My contact in barren9

Fanatic

I can also host matches, at least for the forseeable future.
Final Fantasy Tactics Football Fracas [FFTFF] Link:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197339-final-fantasy-tactics/57703092

Barren

Well then, when should we all discuss who can do what together?

Wiz

I wouldn't mind putting my name in the hat as well. Even though I think that there's some horrible balance issues that are incredibly apparent, that isn't enough of a reason for me to sit on the sidelines and not participate/make vids for a tournament of all things :P

Barren

Quote from: Wiz on March 19, 2012, 01:16:21 am
I wouldn't mind putting my name in the hat as well. Even though I think that there's some horrible balance issues that are incredibly apparent, that isn't enough of a reason for me to sit on the sidelines and not participate/make vids for a tournament of all things :P

Since your the video expert why not make a intro video of Arena like you did for season 5 :P

Soleil

I am able to host, but I'm not much of a talker. I'll be available as a replacement if anyone flakes, how's that sound? = )

Barren

Can you produce a video for me then Soleil?

Soleil

Quote from: Barren on March 20, 2012, 07:28:29 am
Can you produce a video for me then Soleil?

Yeah!
Tell me though, How to you get the match to go faster? Are you doing that in post editing? Or is there something I'm missing?

Barren

Quote from: Soleil on March 20, 2012, 01:22:55 pm

Yeah!
Tell me though, How to you get the match to go faster? Are you doing that in post editing? Or is there something I'm missing?

You change the FPS in your video config of your PSX emulator to 180

Soleil

Quote from: Barren on March 20, 2012, 01:25:39 pm
You change the FPS in your video config of your PSX emulator to 180

Ah! Thanks!
I'll record it right after breaking bad!

Barren

I think we have gotten enough volunteers for hosting, when are you all available? I have today, tomorrow off from work. saturday I have plans and sunday I get out of work by 3pm EST. If any of you are up for chat on what responsibilities to assume then we can either discuss on IRC chat, skype, or we can PM each other the details. Just let me know soon, thanks everyone for throwing your names in the hat! :)

Wiz

Well considering that the only things that need to be done outside of figuring out who's going to record what matches are: 1. Generating the Match layouts (Match X = S,L,M) for the entire tournament, and 2. Copy/Pasting the Registration + Season Videos pages, I'll volunteer to do #1,and considering that I've already done it once, it'll probably be the smoothest experience for me compared to everyone else.

As for the rest of the stuff that needs to be done, that's all elementary and I'll leave it up to rest of you guys to figure it out.

Btw, it takes MANY hours to figure out the matches for the entire tournament provided you do it properly with the RNG selecting every map one time each then repeat the cycle :P

Barren

Well I talked to Fanatic and he's definitely available to help host. I don't know about Soleil yet. Avalanche said he can help too but I haven't heard from him yet. I know Gaignun said he'll take care of the maps considering he actually posted what maps in his opinion are good and bad. I can probably check teams again like I did previous tournament

Dol

I just got back from vacation.  Its nice to see that things are moving forward with the tourney.  I'll be able to help with videos if need be (provided my sound card is working correctly.  I can run tests tonight if it sounds like you need me to).

I can also help with little crap like map rngs and the like, just let me know.

Barren

If you wish to help Dol you're welcome aboard. if you wouldn't mind how about a video of your commentary and see how it turns out

CT5Holy

I can help check teams again, too. That's about the best I can do =P
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Barren

We also need to discuss the rules of the tourney as well