• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:43:55 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena BETA 130 changes discussion Thread

Started by FFMaster, May 26, 2011, 06:48:30 am

RavenOfRazgriz

This seems like the best place to post this.

Fury is supposed to be (CasFury+35)*(TarFury+35)/10000, right?  Shade, Eternal, and I were crunching numbers to get to the bottom of a bunch of things, like Shade's 17 PA Paladin swinging for 425 against another 70 Fury neutral compat unit and my Dancers getting two shot by Eternal's Monk.  Through my leet maths, we found that Fury is STILL being factored as Fury +40, which is having a huge effect on the final damage output for high-end physical units.  For example, if we were using Fury +35 as we're supposed to be doing, Shade's Paladin should only be hitting for about 383, over 40 damage less.  Fixing this for the next version would probably be a good idea for people who think Physicals are too powerful.

As for the point on Weapon Formulas - I'm of the reverse believe.  I think everything should be either PA*WP or MA*WP and their usage pool and special properties should diversify them.  Most other formulas are absolutely worthless. 

As for the point on Statuses - I love playing around with Stack properties for Statuses myself, but if you want the AI to cast Protect (eg) more, you could just make it heal 1% HP by using the Raise formula.  The AI becomes more inclined to use it early on to dispel minor damage.  (Yes, for those familiar, this is an 'R999' solution, but if it works, it works, may as well use it if you want those positive statuses casted more often.)