• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 01:16:48 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Paladin or Knight: POLL

Started by FFMaster, August 04, 2010, 04:56:13 pm

Should we replace Knight with Paladin?

Yes
15 (88.2%)
No
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: August 04, 2010, 04:56:13 pm

FFMaster

Knight will be 1.3's Knight.

Paladin
Nurse - Heal_(25)% Add: Defend Self Only
Dia- Minor Holy damage from afar and Blind.
Consecration- Kills undead surrounding the Paladin
Transfusion- Sacrifices HP to restore the health of adjacent allies.
Iron Will: Protect/Regen on self.
Magicward- Shell and Reflect on self.
Dispel - Hit_(PA+80)% remove +status

Abilities are subject to change. More will likely be added if people have good ideas.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

philsov

same stats/equips, otherwise?  Just different skillset?
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

FFMaster

Yeah, for now. If they prove to be too powerful/weak, their stats will be changed accordingly.

Barren

i like the paladin idea. but if i may add one suggestion, give the paladin class a holy sword attack like for instance Holy Blade from FFTA or one of Agrias' Holy Sword skills. anything of that nature would help give the paladin its break in offense instead of being too defensive but its your call
You dare cross blades with me?

Zaen

Maybe one Swordskill ability. Statis Sword with Slow instead of Stop sounds rather nice. Just slap on a small CT/MP cost, or both.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

Pride

QuoteDia- Minor Holy damage from afar and Blind.

Maybe not a lolswordskill but this would constitute as damage from afar. And a very nice take on the paladin, regular knights are so boring...
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

FFMaster

9 votes for Paladin, 0 for Knight... it really feels weird. I would think at least one person would be against it, and have good reason to be...

Looks like this change will definitely happen, unless someone suddenly comes out with a brilliant idea to make both knight and thief useful and varied.

Skip Sandwich

Some people seem to be favor of giving the Paladin at least one Sword Skill like ability, how about this?

Grand Cross: Deals PA * WP weapon element damage, range 1, area 1v3, can hit caster and enemies, can target caster and enemies, may cause Blind status, P evadable.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Kagebunji

My first time in this forum, I have no idea what this patch is all about, but I vote for Paladin nonetheless.

logus

August 06, 2010, 06:26:07 pm #10 Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 06:32:10 pm by logus
Quote from: "ffmaster"9 votes for Paladin, 0 for Knight... it really feels weird. I would think at least one person would be against it, and have good reason to be...

and here I am. Power Ruin is really powerful against melee setups, as seen in px's team. And giving range to breaking skills is really nice in a regular game, I just wonder if the ai could actually stand to use it.

So yes, I'm against the change. I like knight's skillset. The problem is, can the AI use it?
S3 Official Refresh Spammer

FFMaster

Fair enough. We can bring back the Ruins, but where would they go?

logus

lancer's new skillset?
or any of the new skillsets...
S3 Official Refresh Spammer

CT5Holy

Give it to Thief? They'd be "stealing" their strength/whatever, kinda like Thieves in Disgaea 2 (and maybe D3?). They'd 'steal' someone's health (inflict Poison), sanity (inflict confuse), etc.
But then Thief becomes the old Knight skillset-wise.

Mediator? They're convincing the target that they're becoming weaker/slower/stupider/etc.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

The Damned

I'm fine with giving Power Ruin and Speed Ruin to Thief and Mind Ruin and Magic Ruin to Mediator. Or giving all of them to Thief due to what CT5 said.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Skip Sandwich

I agree with the damned, in giving Power/Speed Ruin to the thief and Mind/Magic ruin to the mediator
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

ffta707

Paladin all the way. It's something new.

philsov

I think with the right level of tweaking, the old battle skill can be a very formidable skillset, especially in a pvp scenario.  The main problem is that most people use them as a glorified slow bot, which is partially the fault of the user and partially of the game.  Equipment breakage is real and unhealable damage, and two respective ruins will stop most primary damage dealers in their tracks.  

That said, I'd still like to see the success rate on the ruins and breakage (stealage?) boosted, in addition to these paladin changes.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

ffta707

That's a good point. It seems right to have breaks in an arena.