• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 04:22:05 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT Arena: BETA Tournament Registration [CLOSED]

Started by AeroGP, July 14, 2010, 12:41:42 am

AeroGP

FFMaster is the host of this tournament. Please PM him with your completed teams, and make sure that all JP costs are correct before submitting!
Timer til deadline

TOURNAMENT FORMAT:
3(maybe more if more people join) Swiss rounds(1 battle). Top 4 will enter single elimination(best 2 of 3).
Initial bracket placement will be randomized by http://davidpeter.me/misc/bracket/
During the Swiss rounds, you may not fight the same person more than once.
Map will be randomly selected from a large pool of maps, based on rounds. (First round, a small map will be selected; second round, a large map; and third round, a medium-sized map)
At least one map will occur at night and/or during a rainstorm/snowstorm.
In terms of unit placement, Unit 1 will always be closest to a higher panel or, if there isn't one, closest to the front of the team. The opposite can be said for Unit 4.

RULES:
  • Teams will consist of 4 generic humans at Level 35, controlled by enemy AI routines.
  • Fury and Faith range is between 40 and 70. Minimum Fury for the party must be 200; minimum faith must be 220.
  • Each unit has 3000 JP to spend on various abilities. It costs 250 JP to unlock ANY job.(includes Squire/Chemist)
  • As an addendum to the above, Elemental can be wholly purchased for just 600 JP.
  • Only two units can buy any individual ability. Innates do not count towards this. (i.e. four units could have the Punch Art skillset, but only two could have purchased Earth Slash; conversely, you can have two Chemists and a Knight with Throw Item)
  • Only two units can equip any individual item.

REFERENCES:
Classes/Skillsets
Item List

PLAYERS
PX_Timefordeath - Ⓕⓡⓞⓖⓢ, Ⓔⓨⓔ ⓜⓤⓢⓣ ⓕⓡⓔⓔⓩⓔ ⓣⓗⓔⓜ.
logus
Pride
Kaz
The Damned
Zaen
Barren
philsov
Skip Sandwich
CT5Holy
Melancthon
BaitySM

REGISTRATION FORMAT:
When sending teams to FFMaster, you must use the following format without any additional text:

FFM EDIT - use this layout
Name:
Fury:
Faith:
Primary Class:
Primary abilities known:
Secondary:
Second abilities known:
Reaction:
Support:
Movement:
~~~
Right Hand:
Left Hand:
Head:
Body:
Accessory:

• All fields are case-insensitive. (You'll probably want to capitalize names, though)
  • Name can only be a maximum of 16 characters.
  • Sex is male or female ONLY.
  • Skillset action abilities have no limit on writing style, though the briefer yet more understandable it is, the better. Refrain from writing JP costs, though.
  • Leave any blank slots empty. DO NOT write "blank", "---", etc.
  • Don't forget proper spelling. Whilst it will probably be corrected when recieved, it saves FFM a bit of a headache. For example, Magic AttackUP is "Magic Attack UP", Move HP UP is "Move-HP UP", H-Bag is "H Bag", etc.
Quote from: Tycho"There are a number of different factors impacting server connectivity on Xbox 360," the spokesperson said. "It is a particularly complex server architecture and we continue to work with Microsoft to improve connectivity."

I don't want to bolster any "violent gamer" tropes, but that statement makes me want to improve the connectivity of my front two knuckles with their esophagus.  I wonder how Brenna would respond if I told her that "fidelity" was complicated.

The Damned

A couple of quick questions:

• We're restricting this to humans only at the moment and not indefinitely, I'm guessing?
  • Should people just PM in FFMaster in secret? Or should people sign-up/say they wish the participate here?

That's it. Really.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

FFMaster

Humans only for now. Once we get this balanced, we will then add monsters.

If you want to reserve a spot, post here. Otherwise just PM me.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

The Damned

Very well.

I was merely wondering since if posting here wasn't necessary, then it's quite possible for someone to PM you wanting to join after all the places have been filled up. That was all.

Expect a PM within the hour.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Zaen

Wait a second... what happened to the entire "Pay to unlock a job with scaled ability costs(say 250 JP per class unlocked)"? I thought that was a huge part in this back when it started, unless it's taken a 75% different direction.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

FFMaster

I'm not too sure myself, but it MIGHT have to do with balance. I never really questioned it, since I forgot about the 250JP unlock system. Maybe it might come back, but don't I wouldn't bet on it. If someone pulls out a really good argument and the majority agrees to the change, it might revert back.

But yeah, it took a large change in direction. A lot of base mechanics are similar to ASM'd, while Skillsets are much closer to 1.3.

Zaen

Well, the whole purpose was to balance each individual class to be useful in it's own way. Thus, 250 JP (or slightly more to balance JP costs) per class to unlock them and use their abilities, so it's less of a tiered superiority tree where it's either good class or good abilities, and more of a "everything is balanced, so here's more freedoms" kinda thing. The best part is you don't need to scale JP in relation to usability, as it's not meant for actual playthroughs, so instead of making Draw Outs relatively cheap, you could raise their JPs a bit. Asura could go up to 250 JP, Masamune could be 1000 JP. Bizen Boat could go to 500 JP. Summons could cost 500 a piece, or up to 800, 900 like Vanilla. You could have Wizard's Flare be 600, and Sage's Flare 2 be 800. It really makes balancing easier. Really good reaction ability? 1500 JP, maybe even 2000. It'll cost your arm and leg and leave that unit without many abilities. Otherwise you have abilities that are nearly forced to be unusable due to JP for unlocking the class itself. It makes it more of a competition patch. Everything made to be usable. How would you feel if you had 8 weapons in Soul Calibur, but only 1 or 2 per person were useful? Every fight would be the same and boring.

That's all I got to sway decision; whatever works best is fine with me, but this is my 2 cents.

philsov

QuoteWell, the whole purpose was to balance each individual class to be useful in it's own way. Thus, 250 JP (or slightly more to balance JP costs) per class to unlock them and use their abilities, so it's less of a tiered superiority tree where it's either good class or good abilities, and more of a "everything is balanced, so here's more freedoms" kinda thing. The best part is you don't need to scale JP in relation to usability, as it's not meant for actual playthroughs, so instead of making Draw Outs relatively cheap, you could raise their JPs a bit.

I like.  

Gut the tree imo.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

FFMaster

The job tree has been gutted.

250 JP to unlock a job, 3000 JP max.

The Damned you need to resend a team unfortunately. Sorry.

EDIT: CLOSED UNTIL WE UPDATE ITEMS AND SKILLSETS.

FFMaster

Open for submissions

EDIT: PPF is uploaded in the first post.

logus

S3 Official Refresh Spammer

FFMaster

Updated ppf due to quite a few errors. Please redownload it.

Kaz

Save me a spot as well please.

Is there a deadline for submissions?
to hell with you mustadio haters

FFMaster

The Damned

July 16, 2010, 04:06:37 am #14 Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 05:27:39 am by The Damned
New team sent. Man, having to double check and count everything took far longer than I wanted it to take.

Anyway, do we need the .ppf for anything? Or is that just there as a nicety?

FFMaster

Just a nicety for people who wish to test before sending in teams.

Pride

I was wonder if you also had a clf for the units to make things easier if I were to test stuff out.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

FFMaster

Zaen

This is to be submitted without the
Name:

and etc., right? Just the information?

Barren

This should be really fun. can't wait for my very first tourney
You dare cross blades with me?