• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT Arena AI Undead Tournament ☢ ☢ ☢

Started by Barren, July 22, 2017, 10:36:54 am

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Barren

Barren

Barren

Barren

Reks

• Discord username: Reks#0128

Reks

Barren

Barren

Reks

Gaignun

FFT Arena Undead Tournament Match 26

Sorry for tripping over my own words more than usual in this one.  I was sleepy during its recording.

Barren

Andrew

First of all, I want to give a big "thank you" to Barren, Gaignun, Heroebal, and Reks for all of the hard work they put into this tournament.  It's been a blast (even though we probably should've banned Consecration and Seal Evil... oh well.  :P).

Round 1 was awesome... a lot of back-and-forth, and seeing a Raise 2 fail to kill due to MP Switch was one of the possibilities that I was looking forward to.  Round 2 was quick because of lucky status, so there wasn't much to see there.  Round 3 was good-ol' Raise 2 and Cure 4 bombing... fun times.  At this point, Heroebal's gotta step up his game.... and he does with the status; Barren's poor priest getting petrified early on kinda spelled his defeat, leading into round 5.  Barren landed a lucky armour break on the monk, allowing for him to get an early lead.  Combined with lucky status, Barren takes the rematch, leading into the second and final match.

Round 1 was stupid-fast... holy status.  Round 2, being the large map, made things more interesting with more back-and-forth action.  Three successful Seal Evils early on was pretty damn intense, with two of those being on Barren's squad, spelling out early defeat again for Barren.  In round 3, Heroebal's thieves got an early DA and Petrify off on two separate units, giving him a distinct advantage yet again due to crazy-ass status... or so he thought.  Barren moved in with Seal Evil and Consecration, evening things out a bit.  The ending was crazy, with a Sleep interrupting Heroebal's lancer, following by an enhanced jump, leading into round 4.  Nothing much to say, other than AA/LA being pains in the ass, per the usual... I'm glad that we reduced their accuracy in the test patch. :P  Round 5, the finale!  2x Shock followed by a DA-dispeling Esuna, and then ended with the lancer running in for the Consecration... what a combo.  Cure 4 + jump = damage won this tournament, something we did not expect!

Congrats on the win, Barren!  Your team, despite featuring both kinds of anti-Undead cancer, mainly had damage going for it, which was a breath of fresh air.  You deserved the win.  Heroebal: while your team was well-constructed, I have to admit, I was rooting for Barren the whole time.  :P  El Bow makes me feel queasy... yeesh... blergh.

Additional notes:
- MP Switch is a zombie's best friend
- Consecration is cancer
- El Bow is cancer
- Ethereal Spear should never be underestimated
- Shock is great when the AI doesn't get derpy with it
- MKs are great when the AI doesn't get derpy with them
- Cure 4 bombing is hella fun

I hope that everybody had fun watching/participating in this tournament.  The next tournament will be a normal one, and it will probably begin in October or November?  Version 142 has been underway for quite some time now, and a live release is expected to happen within the next couple of weeks.
  • Modding version: PSX